Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,711 members, 7,972,622 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:29 PM

Onye Obi M Choro (the One My Heart Wants) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Onye Obi M Choro (the One My Heart Wants) (481 Views)

Lyrics Of My Heart / Poem: What The Heart Wants; The Story Of My Life / When Your Sword Pierced My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Onye Obi M Choro (the One My Heart Wants) by lalaponcus(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2017
ONYE OBI M CHORO (THE ONE MY HEART WANTS)

Achala Ugo m.
Dim oma
Ugo m.
Onye na za m ekpere.

My own.
The sound of your footsteps makes my heart 'yori yori'
Who will deny that you are the 'orji'(kolanut) that brings 'ndu'(life).
Who will deny that you are the 'mmanya' (wine) that brings true 'obi anwuli'(heart joy)
Who will deny that you are the only 'ego' (money) that brings 'obi oma' (peace of mind)
Who will deny that you are the only 'Chukwu' that provides an excellent 'ofe-nsala' to go with the fufu on ground.

Chim
So so gi ka m choro
You are the only one I desire.

The only alert I want to be receiving all the days of my life.
The only container I want to keep clearing all the days of my existence.
Your presence is the only 'ugbo' (farm) I want to keep going till I die.
You are the only 'ugwu' I want to keep plucking to make my egusi most nutritious.
You are the only 'osimiri' (river) I want to visit and the 'mmiri' (water) I want to keep drinking till I die.
Your corn and 'ube' satisfies me much better than a thousand pounded yam and egusi prepared by the world.
I prefer to ride in your peugeots 504 on a bumpy road to heaven than drink champagne in a Rolls Royce on a smooth way to hell.

Chukwu m o.
Dim o.
Onye obi m choro.
In you and for you do I wish to live my life.
#BASHORUN

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

DEAR DEBORAH (A Letter To My Niece) / Two Cities By Wurastories / Poem Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.