Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,277 members, 7,977,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:05 PM

Here’s Why Your Iphone Has A Tiny Hole Next To The Rear Camera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Here’s Why Your Iphone Has A Tiny Hole Next To The Rear Camera (539 Views)

Cheapest Iphone Has A More Powerful Processor Than The Most Expensive Android / Infinix To Launch An All-screen Smartphone With Five Rear Camera Lenses / See What Iphone Has Caused! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here’s Why Your Iphone Has A Tiny Hole Next To The Rear Camera by stongman234: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2017
Look on the back of your iPhone and you’ll find something frankly alarming – a tiny little hole, positioned right next to the camera.

It’s not a camera… it’s not a reset button… so what is it?

Well, if you’re thinking it looks like a listening device, you’re about right – it’s a microphone, one of three on the body of the device.

It means that there’s one on the bottom, one on the top, and one on the back – which makes for clearer voice in apps such as FaceTime, where you might be holding the phone differently.

Here’s why your iPhone has a tiny hole next to the rear camera

The function was introduced on the iPhone 5S.

At the time, Apple’s Phil Schiller said, ‘We now have not two but three microphones. This helps in Facetime calls, in videos, we can use them for noise cancellation, and we can use them … for applications like Siri.’

Here’s Phil explaining it himself.

www.splint1..com.ng

Re: Here’s Why Your Iphone Has A Tiny Hole Next To The Rear Camera by Dandsome: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2017
Great!! I should have known.... Lol
Re: Here’s Why Your Iphone Has A Tiny Hole Next To The Rear Camera by ibawon(m): 10:31am On Jul 13, 2017
Yeah I knew they where Microphones, but I wondered why so much.
It makes sense now

(1) (Reply)

Meizu Pro 7 Specifications And Price: A Smartphone With Dual Screen Display / I Am Black, I Am Beautiful  Inside And Out... The All New Infinix Smart.. #gets / Infinix Mobility Partners Jumia, Slot To Unveil Infinix Hot 5, Hot 5 Lite Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.