Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,876 members, 7,872,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. (26790 Views)

Ruling On Eating Onions And Garlic / Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views / The Love And Importance Of Cats In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by lukuboy: 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
Human Body and flesh is built and develops from what he eats, that is why its forbidden to eats carnivores animals because of their aggressive nature.

This is because you inherit some degree of behaviour which makes the eater resembles what he eats.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2017
trigonometry:

bro dont get it twisted, dreadlocks is not haram in Islam, even a muslim can grow his hair and even plait corn rows or braid it as long as its his natural hair. thats a popular misconception. trust me i was shocked when i saw it. i guess we Nigerians and Africans Generally have somehow mixed our cultures with islam too deeply that we dont know the clear dichotomy anymore. its always good to make researches and read wide.

Are u seriously reading our posts or not? We are talking of 'Dada' not 'dreadlocks' dreads are done, Dada is a form where hair wasn't barbed from birth, never washed,never combed and kept in whatever shape it comes out making it so unkept and unclean? Is that acceptable in Islam? Uncleanness
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
NotComplaining:

My guy quoting Imam Nawawis traditions is not classed as daleel so you have not brought daleel about prohibition of snakes as food.

U should check the post again! It was the Prophet sayings backed with the hadith. Read with perseverance before throwing jabs.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by NotComplaining: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
balash:

U should check the post again! It was the Prophet sayings backed with the hadith. Read with perseverance before throwing jabs.

Bro you merely copied and pasted an answer from Islamqa fatwa database. I am not aware of any defacto hadith prohibiting the eating of snakes (without poison).

Btw this is not an attack or jab.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Alennsar(f): 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
Mustiboy:
I was born a Muslim. I went to an Islamic school, graduated and even furthered my studies in the Islamic line. I was a devoted Muslim.
But truth be told, Islam, I must say, is full of shit. Yes! I said it. In Islam, it's Haram to touch the hair of people with this dreadlock like hair usually called DADA among the natives. Still, the Allah they believe created this DADA .
How can you tell me not to eat a snake, a cat or whatever?
When I was a Muslim, I did good because of a reward, I believe every Muslim does good because of a reward. Now that I've given up religion, I do good for the sake of good, not expecting anything from Some Allah at the other end.
There are too many rules in Islam and too much laws to abide to. If ChristIans and Muslims are going to end up in the same heaven, then I think it's totally unfair. As a Muslim, you have to do lots of things to get there, but as a Christian, all you have to do is believe in Jesus and live a good life.
Islam, I repeat, is full of shit! Can't believe I wasted 16 years of my life being a Muslim, the thought of that hurts and aggravates me

and who are you reporting to now? talo bie ni story?

we won't answer for you on d day of recompense, so think your life through abeg.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Alennsar(f): 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
balash:

Are u seriously reading our posts or not? We are talking of 'Dada' not 'dreadlocks' dreads are done, Dada is a form where hair wasn't barbed from birth, never washed,never combed and kept in whatever shape it comes out making it so unkept and unclean? Is that acceptable in Islam? Uncleanness

please leave dis guy alone jare maybe a baby whose hair is been cut accordingly will have dada.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by kennypedia(m): 1:33am On Jul 15, 2017
am baffled at how some people will argue about Islam when they can even read the quran let alone speak arabic. instead of arguing verify what has been said and do the necessary.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 6:53am On Jul 15, 2017
NotComplaining:

Bro you merely copied and pasted an answer from Islamqa fatwa database. I am not aware of any defacto hadith prohibiting the eating of snakes (without poison).

Btw this is not an attack or jab.

What has pasting backed hadith from islamaq gotta do with what we are discussing? Is it like the hadith on islamaq is not correct or you are finding ways to embarrass your muslim brother cause I don't get the meaning of this outburst? All the post here have always been 'hadith' 'buhkari' 'the Prophet saying s.a.w' you haven't seen where I formed answer and said it's sheikh balash hadith cause am merely confused on your outburst.

Whatsoever hatred you have against me, channel it into strength and also go islamaq find good contents and bring over here, people would be pleased to rest instead of your hate outburst ok!

May Almighty Allah Forgive me and u in our daily affairs and grant us our heart desires. Salaam
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by NotComplaining: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2017
balash:

What has pasting backed hadith from islamaq gotta do with what we are discussing? Is it like the hadith on islamaq is not correct or you are finding ways to embarrass your muslim brother cause I don't get the meaning of this outburst? All the post here have always been 'hadith' 'buhkari' 'the Prophet saying s.a.w' you haven't seen where I formed answer and said it's sheikh balash hadith cause am merely confused on your outburst.

Whatsoever hatred you have against me, channel it into strength and also go islamaq find good contents and bring over here, people would be pleased to rest instead of your hate outburst ok!

May Almighty Allah Forgive me and u in our daily affairs and grant us our heart desires. Salaam

Bro not everything on Islamqa is backed by hadith some are just fatwas conceived to solve a pertinent issues, derived from Fiqh al Waqi (knowledge of current affairs).

Arabs of old and new do not eat snakes and other types of animals. Therefore, these animals were not explicitly mentioned in the Sunnah in reference to consumption. Contemporary Scholars decide whether to prohibit these foods based on nakl (text) of old and new (i.e. fatwa).

In all what I am saying is that some fatwas can only be issued by established scholars of that region. Arab scholars might have an innate prejudice towards snakes as mentioned by Islamqa; snakes being evil... There is nothing in this universe that is purely evil.

Nigerian scholars are the ones to decide whether snakes are halal or haram, they know the customs of the people and transgressions. You cannot condemn the eating of snakes, rats, et al without sound Islamic text (Book of Allah and confirmed Sunnah) otherwise you are making life hard for the people.

I repeat again, I am not attacking you but I must refute wrong claims so that those reading will not feel confused. No man is an island and no man is perfect.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 10:58am On Jul 15, 2017
NotComplaining:

Bro not everything on Islamqa is backed by hadith some are just fatwas conceived to solve a pertinent issues, derived from Fiqh al Waqi (knowledge of current affairs).

Arabs of old and new do not eat snakes and other types of animals. Therefore, these animals were not explicitly mentioned in the Sunnah in reference to consumption. Contemporary Scholars decide whether to prohibit these foods based on nakl (text) of old and new (i.e. fatwa).

In all what I am saying is that some fatwas can only be issued by established scholars of that region. Arab scholars might have an innate prejudice towards snakes as mentioned by Islamqa; snakes being evil... There is nothing in this universe that is purely evil.

Nigerian scholars are the ones to decide whether snakes are halal or haram, they know the customs of the people and transgressions. You cannot condemn the eating of snakes, rats, et al without sound Islamic text (Book of Allah and confirmed Sunnah) otherwise you are making life hard for the people.

I repeat again, I am not attacking you but I must refute wrong claims so that those reading will not feel confused. No man is an island and no man is perfect.

You making it all wrong in all perspective with the views of segregation, Do u mean there are some meals that can't be eaten in the Arab countries but if our scholars backed them up to be eaten here we should, you sounding like the Qur'an and hadith used in the Arab countries are different from the ones used in Nigeria.

If you won't follow the backed up rulings in Saudi for example, would you create another ones.

Would this scholars post fatwa's that wasn't well studied and versed before putting it online such for the whole world to see and you believe it won't be countered, some of my post from islamaq is actually done so that people can go search about it and be referenced to islamaq not because am trying to form any sheikh and from all your posts you've not yet countered my claim with evidence that I was wrong about not eating snake with the Qur'an or hadith evidence, abi u have another book you follow?

Cause this your defense is sickening already telling me what Arabs don't eat as a muslim with backed up fatwa should be deliberated here first before we eat then.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by NotComplaining: 6:20am On Jul 16, 2017
balash:

You making it all wrong in all perspective with the views of segregation, Do u mean there are some meals that can't be eaten in the Arab countries but if our scholars backed them up to be eaten here we should, you sounding like the Qur'an and hadith used in the Arab countries are different from the ones used in Nigeria.

If you won't follow the backed up rulings in Saudi for example, would you create another ones.

Would this scholars post fatwa's that wasn't well studied and versed before putting it online such for the whole world to see and you believe it won't be countered, some of my post from islamaq is actually done so that people can go search about it and be referenced to islamaq not because am trying to form any sheikh and from all your posts you've not yet countered my claim with evidence that I was wrong about not eating snake with the Qur'an or hadith evidence, abi u have another book you follow?

Cause this your defense is sickening already telling me what Arabs don't eat as a muslim with backed up fatwa should be deliberated here first before we eat then.

Dude you're just being argumentative and it's clear you're not a Talib (student of knowledge). If you were you'd know that Islamqa merely provided their own Ijtihaad (Opinion) based on circumstantial evidence (i.e. labelling snakes evil), without a shred of corroborating evidence.

Where in the Qur'an and Hadeeth are snakes labelled evil? They're harmful, but evil?

Lastly, Islamqa will have biases, definitely, when it comes to making Ijitihaad on customs alien to their own. Arab scholars without ilm ul waqi (knowledge of current affairs) of Nigerian customs and traditions are prohibited from issuing fatawa through ijtihaad. They can only issue a fatwa when they have evidence from the two sources.

Bro I studied at Shaikh Muqbils (RH) academy and this is what we were taught.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 6:25am On Jul 16, 2017
NotComplaining:

Dude you're just being argumentative and it's clear you're not a Talib (student of knowledge). If you were you'd know that Islamqa merely provided their own Ijtihaad (Opinion) based on circumstantial evidence (i.e. labelling snakes evil), without a shred of corroborating evidence.

Where in the Qur'an and Hadeeth are snakes labelled evil? They're harmful, but evil?

Lastly, Islamqa will have biases, definitely, when it comes to making Ijitihaad on customs alien to their own. Arab scholars without ilm ul waqi (knowledge of current affairs) of Nigerian customs and traditions are prohibited from issuing fatawa through ijtihaad. They can only issue a fatwa when they have evidence from the two sources.

Bro I studied at Shaikh Muqbils (RH) academy and this is what we were taught.

Stop being a pain in my ass, am not asking for your bio-data. Since you are more knowledgeable counter my claim with EVIDENCE that shows I am wrong if you can't then we are done here. Have a good day the one who 'knows' more
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by NotComplaining: 6:32am On Jul 16, 2017
balash:

Stop being a pain in my ass, am not asking for your bio-data. Since you are more knowledgeable counter my claim with EVIDENCE that shows I am wrong if you can't then we are done here. Have a good day the one who 'knows' more

Clearly you want fitna and I am not about that. Sallam.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2017
NotComplaining:

Clearly you want fitna and I am not about that. Sallam.

Fitna? Subhanolah, May Almighty Allah Forgive you and grant u ease in your daily affairs. We done!!
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2017
Things that Allah made haram is in quran

5- Chapter: 5 , Verse: 3 Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience.and rest is halal.
and quran is complete stop making your life complicated and looking at sahi or fabricated hadith or fatwa or opinion of scholar’s. Follow Only the Qur'an or the Prophet sayings
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by personal59: 6:36am On Jul 17, 2017
Sterope:
What does have to do with anything?
Not all hair can be combed
And dreadlocks can be brushed
please I want to ask if its possible for a Muslim to have dreadlocks?
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by personal59: 6:38am On Jul 17, 2017
balash:
Things that Allah made haram is in quran

5- Chapter: 5 , Verse: 3 Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience.and rest is halal.
and quran is complete stop making your life complicated and looking at sahi or fabricated hadith or fatwa or opinion of scholar’s. Follow Only the Qur'an or the Prophet sayings

but the prophet ask us to follow the tabiheen and tabi-tabiheen too where do you drop that
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 17, 2017
personal59:

but the prophet ask us to follow the tabiheen and tabi-tabiheen too where do you drop that
YAP.. AS long as what they do is in accordance with quran and hadith
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2017
personal59:

NO SIR.. A muslim hair must be in the same level. . one part of the hair should not be higher than some other part of the hair. . . heared that there is an hadith on it..y
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by personal59: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2017
AhluSunnah:
NO SIR.. A muslim hair must be in the same level. . one part of the hair should not be higher than some other part of the hair. . . heared that there is an hadith on it..y

I know was just asking the person I quote with the way he present it
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yup, if it is still your hair.

Please do not mind that guy, having dreadlocks has nothing to do with length. Hair could be made into.dreadlockd artificially or you could leave your hair uncombed and watch it turn to.dread itself. Also, dreadlock had nothing to do with length. Normally, the natural hair on one side is usually longer or shorter than the hair on the other sides

AhluSunnah, you don't like dreads. Good for.you but you shouldn't be making stories up about it

personal59:

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
Just because y'all think Dad looks unkempt doesn't mean that it is. It is basically societal bias.

People with dreadlocks wash their hair as frequently as people with normal hair. They oil their hair the same way you oil yours and they brush it they same way we comb our hair.

Dreadlock has nothing to do with barbing hair from birth or not. It is about non-combing or having the type of hair that is prone to tangles. Which means anyone could have dreddlocks and some probably find it easier to develop dreadlocks because of their hair type. Generally, people with curly hair are more prone to it and with the curly community, there are hair types that tangles immediately after combing sef.

Also, dreadlocks is English while Dada is Yoruba.

trigonometry

balash:

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sterope:
Just because y'all think Dad looks unkempt doesn't mean that it is. It is basically societal bias.

People with dreadlocks wash their hair as frequently as people with normal hair. They oil their hair the same way you oil yours and they brush it they same way we comb our hair.

Dreadlock has nothing to do with barbing hair from birth or not. It is about non-combing or having the type of hair that is prone to tangles. Which means anyone could have dreddlocks and some probably find it easier to develop dreadlocks because of their hair type. Generally, people with curly hair are more prone to it and with the curly community, there are hair types that tangles immediately after combing sef.

Also, dreadlocks is English while Dada is Yoruba.

trigonometry

Stop this blind argument my sister, what's all this? The Dada we are talking about is the one from birth which they don't even pour water on it, dreadlocks is different, moreover u can't as a guy have dread and be praying. U gotta comb ur hair and oil them so it looks so clean and presentable. In Islam looking good and clean is part of sunnah, how many deadlocked dude are muslim? U can leave ur hair to any length and comb, u can even plait your hair as a muslim guy. But I can't defend dreadlocks
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 6:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dada is the Yoruba word for dreadlocks.

A Muslim guy can have dread and look clean and presentable.

Just say you don't like dreadsundecided

balash:

Stop this blind argument my sister, what's all thihe Dada we are talking about is the one from birth which they don't even pour water on it, dreadlocks is different, moreover u can't as a guy have dread and be praying. U gotta comb ur hair and oil them so it looks so clean and presentable. In Islam looking good and clean is part of sunnah, how many deadlocked dude are muslim? U can leave ur hair to any length and comb, u can even plait your hair as a muslim guy. But I can't defend dreadlocks

1 Like

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sterope:
Dada is the Yoruba word for dreadlocks.

A Muslim guy can have dread and look clean and presentable.

Just say you don't like dreadsundecided

Which planet are u from? U stubborn O! Chai lol
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
balash:

Which planet are u from? U stubborn O! Chai lol

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by personal59: 6:12am On Jul 18, 2017
Sterope:
Yup, if it is still your hair.

Please do not mind that guy, having dreadlocks has nothing to do with length. Hair could be made into.dreadlockd artificially or you could leave your hair uncombed and watch it turn to.dread itself. Also, dreadlock had nothing to do with length. Normally, the natural hair on one side is usually longer or shorter than the hair on the other sides

AhluSunnah, you don't like dreads. Good for.you but you shouldn't be making stories up about it

OK, but please is dread(unkept or kept) allowed islamically?

but please don't quote what u think but what is acceptable in Islam,

will need the answer from Islamic perspective, thank you as I await ur reply.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by kennypedia(m): 7:08am On Jul 18, 2017
She's a dumb head. You think Islam is about emotions. The beliefs of those who keep dreads are idolatry and misguiding
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
I don't have any but there are also no evidence to the contrary

And the ones claiming that is unislamic are merely substituting their personal/society dislike for it.

Deadlock is.not.atachment. it is your own hair it self. It is either left uncombed to tangle and become drelock or styled to be so (with or without attachment. It is stil your hair.

The BS that people say in those days that hair turn into dreadlock because of dirt ad debris is big fat lie. Thanks is because I know people who merely washed their hair but do not comb having dreadlocks. It is tangles if.not loosened with fingers or comb that turn into dreadlocks.

personal59:

OK, but please is dread(unkept or kept) allowed islamically?

but please don't quote what u think but what is acceptable in Islam,

will need the answer from Islamic perspective, thank you as I await ur reply.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Sterope:

Me I don come down for my bus stop siiice, I no dey do again..
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by personal59: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
Sterope:
I don't have any but there are also no evidence to the contrary

And the ones claiming that is unislamic are merely substituting their personal/society dislike for it.

Deadlock is.not.atachment. it is your own hair it self. It is either left uncombed to tangle and become drelock or styled to be so (with or without attachment. It is stil your hair.

The BS that people say in those days that hair turn into dreadlock because of dirt ad debris is big fat lie. Thanks is because I know people who merely washed their hair but do not comb having dreadlocks. It is tangles if.not loosened with fingers or comb that turn into dreadlocks.

OK but people are telling u it is not right with prove nd u don't agree with them yet u av no prove y now?
its believe that in Islam u don't av a dreadlocks cos its un acceptable though even as a guy the worst is afro, or u let it become long to reach like ur neck but u don't plait it nor turn it to dreadlocks and there are prove to this.

my sister please Islam as a religion av its own culture and u don't practise the religion with sentiment or what I think but what it is stipulated within its rule may Almighty Allah help us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Among The Top Countries With Highest Number Of Hajj Pilgrims: Photo / The Six Cs Of Akhlaq(Character). / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.