Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,862 members, 7,872,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

Re: Panel Report On Corruption Allegations Against The Secretary To The Governm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Panel Report On Corruption Allegations Against The Secretary To The Governm (410 Views)

Nigerians In China Blamed By House Of Representatives Panel Report / Edo House Crisis: Senate Panel Report Indicts Obaseki,gives Governor Fresh Terms / Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Panel Report On Corruption Allegations Against The Secretary To The Governm by DonKachiERA: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
Tuesday, 11 July, 2017
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN
Acting President/Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Presidential Villa, Aso Rock
Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
NIGERIA.
Your Excellency,
RE: PANEL REPORT ON CORRUPTION ALLEGATIONS AGAINST THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATION (SGF) AND DIRECTOR-GENERAL, NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (NIA)
Let me begin by appreciating Your Excellency’s yeoman efforts directed at quelling fires all over the country and stabilizing the polity. Daunting as this task might seem, especially as agent provocateurs for selfish and diabolical interests continue to stoke the fire and fan the embers of discord and disunity, your effort will nonetheless yield the desired results with the support of the generality of our people. For me and the good people of Ekiti State, you can count on our unflinching support; especially as you do what is right and just in the sight of hungry and long-suffering Nigerians who look up to you for succour.
In this wise, permit me, Your Excellency, to prod your memory about a Presidential committee constituted months ago by President Muhammadu Buhari to investigate allegations of high corruption against two top officials of this administration, namely the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. David Babachir; and the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Mr. Ayo Oke. The Presidential committee, headed by your good self, was given two weeks to submit its report. That was many months ago. The two top officials concerned were placed on suspension but nothing has been heard on the matter ever since. It would appear the matter has been swept under the carpet or, in the Nigerian popular parlance, has been treated as the “family affair” of the ruling APC government.
It will be most unfortunate indeed if this is the case, instead of handing over the two men to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for investigation and arraignment in a court of competent jurisdiction; which has always been this government’s recourse when alleged corruption cases involve members of the opposition PDP; estranged members of the ruling party; and independent-minded judges not ready to take instructions and desecrate the temple of justice.
A serving Senator who is a member of your party said on the floor of the Senate that your government uses insecticides when dealing with alleged cases of corruption involving members of the opposition but applies deodorant when members of the ruling party are involved. This is most unfortunate and I dare to say that this is one of the reasons why the so-called war against corruption is floundering and the administration has lost case after case in the court of law.

President Buhari is away on medical tourism; as Acting President, the buck stops on your table to release the report of the corruption investigation in question as well as act expeditiously on the recommendations. Should Your Excellency fail to do this, I shall approach the law court to compel you.
As a Law professor and Senior Advocate to boot, Your Excellency must not be associated with illegalities and cover-ups; not to talk of your highly exalted position as a man of God who must speak truth to power always. Your egregious stance on the EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu’s continued but illegal stay in office; also stands out as a sore thumb in this regard.
Because our dear country, Nigeria, is the concern of all of its 170 million citizens as well as for the benefit of our friends the world over, Your Excellency will permit me to make copies of this letter available to the media and other interested persons and organisations locally and internationally.
Kindly accept the assurances of my best regard.

Ayo Fayose
Governor, Ekiti State & Chairman, PDP Governors’ Forum
Re: Re: Panel Report On Corruption Allegations Against The Secretary To The Governm by ElSherriff: 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fayose: Noun: A male from Ekiti State. Verb: Destroyer of the APC cabals. Pronoun: Afonja, used in place of a male or female from the west.

(1) (Reply)

Kenya To Cut Salaries Of President, Lawmakers, Can This Happen In Nigeria? / The Vutures And Hyena's Of Nigerian Politics Are Already Circling. / Sad! Port Harcourt Wrecked As The Rain Did Its Worse (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.