Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,491 members, 7,901,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? (3635 Views)

20 Million Naira Or American Passport / Online Shopping With Nigeria Naira Or Dollar Credit Cards / Enigma: Proof Of Don Jazzy's Illuminati Membership! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by Bibi(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2005
Seun,

I believe everything should be free. otherwise, there are a lot of competing features out there that people will use anyway. If you are considering commercialization, you might have to think os something else, more strategic. I will think up some ideas to share..
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by forshow: 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2005
I think you should charge N450
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by nike4luv(f): 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2005
how we gon pay that?
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by hotangel2(f): 2:55am On Aug 13, 2005
I thought seun cancelled this already. Yes he did.

[size=38pt]Please no further post after this.[/size]
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by WesleyanA(f): 4:02am On Aug 13, 2005
OH MY GOD hot angel is freaking us out.......

i think membership should be free as it is.
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by whiteshark(m): 3:50am On Sep 05, 2005
Freee tin been good oo but anything wey unayarn, I go abide wit.Even if you say na 5 hundi or 1k sef, we go pay so dat u fit but that house 4 VGC grin grin grin
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by theORAKU(m): 11:31am On Dec 22, 2005
i thnk am hooked to the forum.
so when u decide on hw much to charge, allow ppl knw.
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by omogenaija(f): 3:36am On Mar 02, 2007
seun , sorry if u already answered this question but i have to know

wat if ur not based in nigeria ? how will pay ?
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by mycc(f): 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2007
nairaland is beautiful initiative, let's not lose it . do a N250, already naija like everytin free.
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by tjons3: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2009
nobody believe this whole online shopping thing in niaja, even myself!!
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by banom(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ seun,

Why not make it annual payment plan than monthly ?
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by dominique(f): 12:04am On Dec 07, 2009
why would anyone dig out this Methuselah thread . the case has been closed for years. let the thread RIP abeg.
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by mamagee3(f): 12:14am On Dec 07, 2009
This is a 4 year post. grin grin
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by aieromon(m): 1:57am On Dec 07, 2009
I was scared when i saw this thread.
Then i saw the dateline and relaxed.
**Back to my posting jare**
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by Hanoobaba(m): 6:24am On Dec 07, 2009
This thread has just proven to me that not taking time to read a topic carefully before posting is not a new thing in Nairaland. No be today.
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2009
aieromon:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by Busybody2(f): 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2009
What discount are you going to give to those of us in Yaba and its environs, at least you have to be seen to be doing your bit for the society na tongue

aieromon:

What is wrong with the date, you mean the membership list is closed and I can no longer become a member shocked What am i gonna do with all my precious, valuable time I spend on Nairaland if I have been excommunicated thus cry cry cry
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by hazh(m): 12:59am On Dec 08, 2009
Hello,

As discussed in a previous thread, this forum is going commercial, because we are intent on building a forum that is worth being paid for. Reading and participation on all public discussions will be 100% free, but if you want to:

* Interact with other members by private messaging, email or chat (for friendship, dating, or business).
* Participate in various contests in which cash prizes and gifts wirth thousands of Naira will be won.

, then you will need to pay for at least a month.

The price for one month of full membership will be either 400 naira or 250 naira. Which price do you prefer, and why? Please take a moment to vote in the poll above.

Seun,
Site Administrator.

Hi Seun,

I so much appreciate you for your ingenuity in establishig
a Nigerian Forum like this for Nigeria and for Nigerian people.
You are great.

I want to say thank you for bring up this important issue:
the issue of membership fee,I personally[I am sorry if this
offends you] but I have to say it.I dont like the idea of
payment whatsoever in any forum.To me,it is a short-sighted
vision.Let me tell you,the major reason people are flocking NL is
because of the price tag - FREE.

To bring this idea of payment whatsoever,I must tell,you will
definitely scare some people away.This is not to say that I or
so many other people can not afford this,but as you know,we
are all Nigerians.And the most important word to a Nigerian is
FREE.

Nairaland will always grow as long as it is allowed to be free.
Think about it.Ok if you say you want to be collecting membership
fee[whether on Romance Section or where ever],how much will
you gather in the short run,compared to the long term effect of
having a large database of members who are happily joining and
posting freely.Remember the more membership database you
have,the more monetary value your site will be.

Take a look at some of the most populous social media
sites on the net - they are all absolutely free and that is the
secret of their exponential growth rate.With the large data
base they have,they make their money through adverts and
venture capitalists.

If I may advice,I would say you should just be patient for
NL would get to that level.At least NL is Nigeria No 1
internet social medium for now and it would be very bad
if you take this pioneer position away from it.

What I would have want you to do is to build more valuable
applications and resources to make it more useful for the
ever growing users.

To your success.

See how much NL is worth?Link:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-359735.0.html
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by hazukk: 5:48am On Dec 08, 2009
Hello,

As discussed in a previous thread, this forum is going commercial, because we are intent on building a forum that is worth being paid for. Reading and participation on all public discussions will be 100% free, but if you want to:

* Interact with other members by private messaging, email or chat (for friendship, dating, or business).
* Participate in various contests in which cash prizes and gifts wirth thousands of Naira will be won.

, then you will need to pay for at least a month.

The price for one month of full membership will be either 400 naira or 250 naira. Which price do you prefer, and why? Please take a moment to vote in the poll above.

Seun,
Site Administrator.

Hi Seun,

I want to appreciate you for your ingenuity and for
this undeserved opportunity given to us to share,
learn,enjoy and make friends on this platform.Thanks
for putting up a Nigerian forum for Nigeria and Nigerians.
You are great.Ups.

This topic you brought is a very welcome development
as it wouldn't have come at no better time than this.And
thank you for giving the privilege to contribute.

Talking about the issue of membership fee[whether in
the Romance Section or where ever],in my candid opinion,
I feel that it would do NL no good.

See,I want to say this,the major and only reason people
are flocking daily to NL is because of the price tag - FREE.

This is not to say that my humble self and so many other
loyal NLites cannot afford to pay but I tell you it is going
to chase most people away.You agree with me that,as a
Nigeria,the most important word to a Nigeria is the word,free.

And if you clearly look among the most popular social media
on the net,you will observe that most[if not all] of them are
absolutely free,and that is the secret of their exponential
growth rate.

Most of those big media sites don't make their money from member-
ship fee,they prefer to make it free in order to attract a large
database of members and then make their money through adverts
and venture capitalists.

To me,I feel the issue of taking membership fee[whether in the
Romance Section or where ever],is a short-sighted vision.And
wouldn't NL any good in the long run.Note that presently NL is
and remanis Nigeria No 1 online media giant and it will be too
bad if you allow NL to loose this strategic and delicate pioneer
position.Nigeria cyberspace business is just kicking off and it
would make sense if you allow NL to lead this course.

I feel that what you should be thinking about especially as we are
getting into a new year is to plan on how to build more valuable
applications and technological resources to cater for the ever
growing NL members.Make it more visitors-friendly.

With the daily visit of NL,do you know how much NL is worth?
Follow this thread to a little of the iceberg,and imagine what it
would be in few years time.

Want to what people are talking about NL's financial
worth?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-359735.0.html
Re: Monthly (Full) Membership Fee: 400 naira or 250 naira? by igboboy1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2009
See your head, i knew all long u be igbo guy.You don introduce money na, from now on am calling you Obinnanwachukwu grin

As for me i no dey pay sha, if facebook charge and you charge ehen nothin spoil, but facebook neva charge u wan start to dey charge ego, nwanne mba grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter War: Uganda Vs Nigeria (snapshots) / Regina Daniels And Top Nollywood Actors Set To Storm Ebonyi State On June 15th, / Redeemed Rice Now Available In The Market!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.