Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,085 members, 7,887,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:23 PM

Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy (1133 Views)

Man Steals Wine From Ikeja Supermarket (photo) / PHOTO: Masked Man Steals The Foundation Stone Messi Laid In Gabon / Bizzare: Man, 62, raappes 10 Year Old Step Daughter In Southwest Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Oboma1(m): 11:03am On Feb 03, 2010
Devil’s apostle! Stole 18 church generators in six months
, Three receivers arrested too
From AKEEB ALARAPE, Ibadan.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Segun Kehinde’s outward appearance can be deceptive. Under his genteel posture lies a criminal soul. At age 24, he and his late friend of his, Saheed Babalola have committed what could rightly described as abomination against God and His household. The two young men specialized in robbing churches and mosques.

While being paraded recently, Kehinde revealed that since 2003, he and his late friend had embraced the business of breaking into churches and mosques. Their target, he told whoever cares to listen, were generators, fans and other electrical appliances in the House of God.

It was a hobby the duo was committed to until Babalola was caught in the act six months ago. His death could not serve as a lesson to Kehinde. Rather as someone bounded by a blood covenant, he carried on the baton of robbing God’s abode.
Recently, the long arm of the law caught up with Kehinde and his three accomplices, among who was a popular Ibadan-based fuji musician. They were paraded with 14 generating sets of different sizes and two giant standing fans.
Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Baba Adisa Bolanta, told newsmen that Kehinde was arrested by his men at Yemetu Division, Ibadan.

“He was arrested by our men at Yemetu Division. He specializes in breaking into churches. He knows the time when nobody will be in the church, especially by midday. He will go in there, remove the generator and other church facilities like fans and later dispose them off.
“He has stolen about 14 generators from different churches. And he has ready market for the stolen goods. These are some of the receivers. He used to sell off the generators at give away prices like N6, 000. You can see the inscriptions of some of the churches on the generators. This one belongs to Voice of Christ Universal Church, Oke-Oluwa.”

Kehinde corroborated Bolanta’s disclosure as he confirmed that he has been in the business since 2003 when he met an old schoolmate. A drop-out, he said he learnt about carpentry and furniture-making but he opted out after he fell from a roof top of a newly constructed building. He confessed to Daily Sun:
“I am 24 years old. I am from Atipe area of Ibadan. I actually trained as a furniture-maker. I fell from a building while participating in the roofing exercise. I was injured in one of my hands and decided to quit.

“I later met a former schoolmate at Holy Trinity Grammar School, Saheed Babalola, by name and jointly formed a gang. I dropped out at JSSC3.
“I can ride motorcycle while Saheed claimed that he was repairing generators. Occasionally, he would call me to help him take generators from churches. Saheed always tipped me with N2, 000 after each operation. Later, I got to know that the generators were not meant for repair as Saheed would want me to believe.
“I sat him down one day and told him about my observation. He confessed to me that he was stealing the generators. It was from there we formed alliance and started operating together.

“Later, Saheed was killed. He went to steal a generator at Amuloko area when he was caught and killed. After Saheed’s death, armed robbers also robbed me of my motorcycle at Gate Bus-Stop area. That was last year. It was then I decided to commence the operation.
“It is about six months now that I started stealing generators. I stole all the generators here. But there were some I have sold out. I don’t operate on daily basis but so far, I have stolen not less than 18 generators from churches.

“I know my accomplice through social interactions. I will just be chatting with them and in the course of our conversation, I will tell them I have somebody who wanted to dispose a generator and they will tell me to bring the generator for them to see.”
He disclosed that he was not caught in the act like his late friend but was arrested at his rented apartment by police detectives:
“I was in my house when the police came for me. They cane around 4a.m. I was still sleeping beside my new wife.

They came for me a day after our wedding introduction. I was contemplating of starting my real work and stop stealing so that my wife will not know I was into stealing when the police come for me that date.
“We have not even woken up to thank our neighbours and relatives for attending our wedding introduction the previous day when the police came for me.”
The three accomplices paraded along with him confessed to have either bought generators from him at give-away prices or facilitated the sales to other interested parties. They nonetheless denied any knowledge that the generators were stolen.
According to the musician, who was sweating like a ram at the slaughter slab during the parade, his undoing was his decision to buy a generator from the devil’s incarnate.

His words: “I knew him about two weeks ago. He told me he repaired generators. One day, we were doing carnival when our generator packed up. He then came to us and assisted us with another generator.
“In the morning, he told me that the owner of the generator wanted to dispose it and inquired whether I was interested in buying it. We negotiated and I gave him money. That was my undoing.”
The Commissioner of Police said the four culprits would be made to face the law immediately investigations into their cases were concluded.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/feb/03/national-03-02-2010-04.htm
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Oboma1(m): 11:04am On Feb 03, 2010
Segun The Yoruba Thief!.

Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Oboma1(m): 11:06am On Feb 03, 2010
Callous: Man kills 37-day-old daughter , says she’s illegitimate
From Desmond Mgboh, Kano
Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Police in Kano State have apprehended a middle-aged man, Alhaji Aliyu Bashiru of Dawakin Kudu town in Dawakin Kudu Local Government Area for allegedly suffocating his 37-days-old baby to death because she was born out of wedlock.
The baby, Maryam, was murdered in cold blood after the father allegedly made futile attempts to keep her with a nearby motherless babies’ home in their area.

The suspect told the Daily Sun on Monday that he took the decision to kill the baby after the motherless babies’ home declined to accept the baby for keep, adding that they had insisted on the presentation of a police report, without which they would not take the baby into their custody.

Police report on the case said the tragedy occurred in December 2009 following Maryam’s birth by one Hajia Hauawa, who put to bed out of wedlock. The report said that the suspect, who incidentally is the father of the baby, had lured the baby from the mother, only to suffocate her to death afterwards.

After the commission of the crime, the suspect quietly took the baby and buried her in a shallow grave, not too far from the Kofar/Kudu, where the parties in the tragedy are said to be resident before going to announce that the child had passed on.
At the Bompai Police station, where the suspect is being held, he told Daily Sun that he killed his daughter because the child was illegitimate, adding that he impregnated the mother outside wedlock, an act which he described as irregular.
It was further gathered the mother of the baby, a divorcee, was not given to the antics of her boyfriend that and she immediately reported the case to the police in the area, who arrested him.

The mother of the baby, had reportedly, entered into the relationship with Bashir, after a crashed marriage with her husband, which saw her coming back home to their abode once again. Divorce rate in the state has remained disturbingly high, resulting into so many dislocations in the family system.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent Baba Mohammed Azare, confirmed the incident, while parading the suspect at the Bompai police headquarters, adding that it is a case of culpable homicide which is contary to Section 221 of the Penal Code.
Meanwhile, the police have arrested a 60-year-old man, Alhaji Mauzu of Gadan Kaya quarters in the state for allegedly raping three minors contrary to Sections 285 and 283 of the Penal Code.

The suspect, who was arrested by the state Hisbah Guard, is accused of raping Walmursalati, aged 12, Hasiya, aged 13 and Maryam, aged 12 , all of whom he allegedly lured into his house and sexually assaulted them. The police stated that the doctor’s report on the incident is awaited.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/feb/03/national-03-02-2010-06.htm
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Oboma1(m): 11:09am On Feb 03, 2010
Bash

Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Oboma1(m): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2010
Oboma1:

Segun Kehinde’s outward appearance can be deceptive. Under his genteel posture lies a criminal soul. At age 24, he and his late friend of his, Saheed Babalola have committed what could rightly described as abomination against God and His household. The two young men specialized in robbing churches and mosques.

While being paraded recently, Kehinde revealed that since 2003, he and his late friend had embraced the business of breaking into churches and mosques. Their target, he told whoever cares to listen, were generators, fans and other electrical appliances in the House of God.

Please put tribalism aside, what is really wrong with Yoruba's and crime? It is now endermic amongst them. How can one be stealing since 2003?
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Oboma1(m): 11:18am On Feb 03, 2010
Oboma1:

The Police in Kano State have apprehended a middle-aged man, Alhaji Aliyu Bashiru of Dawakin Kudu town in Dawakin Kudu Local Government Area for allegedly suffocating his 37-days-old baby to death because she was born out of wedlock.
The baby, Maryam, was murdered in cold blood after the father allegedly made futile attempts to keep her with a nearby motherless babies’ home in their area.

The suspect told the Daily Sun on Monday that he took the decision to kill the baby after the motherless babies’ home declined to accept the baby for keep, adding that they had insisted on the presentation of a police report, without which they would not take the baby into their custody.

Police report on the case said the tragedy occurred in December 2009 following Maryam’s birth by one Hajia Hauawa, who put to bed out of wedlock. The report said that the suspect, who incidentally is the father of the baby, had lured the baby from the mother, only to suffocate her to death afterwards.

The suspect, who was arrested by the state Hisbah Guard, is accused of despoiling Walmursalati, aged 12, Hasiya, aged 13 and Maryam, aged 12 , all of whom he allegedly lured into his house and sexually assaulted them. The police stated that the doctor’s report on the incident is awaited.

This is another reason why people in the north needs education badly. That thing called religon there, is nothing but sorrows, tears and blood. How can one kill a 37 month old baby just becos he/she was born out of wedlock?
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Oboma1(m): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2010
,,,,,37 days, I mean.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Enjoyment1(f): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2010
Oboma1:

They came for me a day after our wedding introduction. I was contemplating of starting my real work and stop stealing so that my wife will not know I was into stealing when the police come for me that date.
“We have not even woken up to thank our neighbours and relatives for attending our wedding introduction the previous day when the police came for me.”
The three accomplices paraded along with him confessed to have either bought generators from him at give-away prices or facilitated the sales to other interested parties. They nonetheless denied any knowledge that the generators were stolen.

That is what they always say when caught. Anyway, you can carry your wife along to Kirikiri for honeymoon. grin grin grin
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Enjoyment1(f): 11:28am On Feb 03, 2010
As for the "mumu" that killed his daughter, it is share stupidity and the negative aspect of Islam. What a religion. I am out of here
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by citizenY(m): 11:31am On Feb 03, 2010
Oboma!
We refuse to join you. Youcan continue clapping with one hand.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by bobosunny: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2010
Oboma1:

[color=#990000]Devil’s apostle! Stole 18 church generators in six months

That is their modus operandi. Always stealing to sponsor their yeye wedding owambe.

That is how their brother [b]Olajide Ogundipe
robbed FCMB to throw a lavish wedding owambe last year.

I truly agree with willy willy that these people need to be genetically modified
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Enjoyment1(f): 1:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
bobo_sunny:

That is their modus operandi. Always stealing to sponsor their yeye wedding owambe.

That is how their brother Olajide Ogundipe robbed FCMB to throw a lavish wedding owambe last year.

I truly agree with willy willy that these people need to genetically modified

That is how another stole so much at Sheraton, and later said he wanted to redeem his vow at Christ Embassy. It is inbuilt.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Enjoyment1(f): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2010
bobo_sunny:

That is how their brother Olajide Ogundipe robbed FCMB to throw a lavish wedding owambe last year.

I truly agree with willy willy that these people need to genetically modified

That is how another stole so much at Sheraton, and later said he wanted to redeem his vow at Christ Embassy. It is inbuilt.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Enjoyment1(f): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
Forgive my double-posting. Na wah for this server!.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by selingel: 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
Oboma1:

Segun Kehinde’s outward appearance can be deceptive. “He was arrested by our men at Yemetu Division. He specializes in breaking into churches. He knows the time when nobody will be in the church, especially by midday. He will go in there, remove the generator and other church facilities like fans and later dispose them off.
“He has stolen about 14 generators from different churches. And he has ready market for the stolen goods. These are some of the receivers. He used to sell off the generators at give away prices like N6, 000. You can see the inscriptions of some of the churches on the generators. This one belongs to Voice of Christ Universal Church, Oke-Oluwa.”

“I know my accomplice through social interactions. I will just be chatting with them and in the course of our conversation, I will tell them I have somebody who wanted to dispose a generator and they will tell me to bring the generator for them to see.”
He disclosed that he was not caught in the act like his late friend but was arrested at his rented apartment by police detectives:
“I was in my house when the police came for me. They cane around 4a.m. I was still sleeping beside my new wife.

According to the musician, who was sweating like a ram at the slaughter slab during the parade, his undoing was his decision to buy a generator from the devil’s incarnate.

His words: “I knew him about two weeks ago. He told me he repaired generators. One day, we were doing carnival when our generator packed up. He then came to us and assisted us with another generator.
“In the morning, he told me that the owner of the generator wanted to dispose it and inquired whether I was interested in buying it. We negotiated and I gave him money. That was my undoing.”
The Commissioner of Police said the four culprits would be made to face the law immediately investigations into their cases were concluded.

How can one be stealing only from churches, that is if heshe must steal at all? Was he cursed? Why is it that whenever they are caught, they always say they wanted to quit stealing?.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by oge4real(f): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2010
60 Year old with 12 year olds is the height of wickedness. Oh, but not as wicked as the man that strangled his own baby because of religion.
I wonder what man is turning into.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Hardtalk: 9:59am On Feb 04, 2010
oge4real:

60 Year old with 12 year olds is the height of wickedness. Oh, but not as wicked as the man that strangled his own baby because of religion.
I wonder what man is turning into.

It baffles me as well. What is this world really turning into?
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by selingel: 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2010
I wondered what a 60 year old man still wants? Besides, he still had strength to rape 3 minors. Na wah oh!.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Hardtalk: 11:28pm On Mar 05, 2010
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Bizzare:man Steals 18 Church Gen Sets In 6 Mths,anoda Kills Child 4 Illegitimacy by Enjoyment1(f): 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
selingel:

I wondered what a 60 year old man still wants? Besides, he still had strength to despoil 3 minors. Na wah oh!.

They should cut that thing dandling in between his legs, and give me to keep for him, until he dies. Then, I will return it for him to rest in peace!. grin

(1) (Reply)

Internet Fraud Guy Goes Crazy For Refusing To Sleep With Mad Woman / Can Someone Please Explian This Picture For Me / See Photos Of Police Officers Playing Draft At Police HQ ,akure Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.