Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Spring Bank Cannot Pay! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Spring Bank Cannot Pay! (1347 Views)

Spring Bank Test Holding On Sat Sept 2nd / Eco Bank,diamond Bank And Spring Bank / Ecobank And Spring Bank Are Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by Concern10: 11:14am On Feb 03, 2010
I was just informed that SPRINGBANK cannot pay the meagre amount it has given to it's laid off staff. There is a confirmed info that the amounts have been creditted to their accounts but the bank has put an ADMINISTRATIVE HOLD on their accounts possibly because there is no money to pay them.
I think this is really inhuman of the bank and it would amaze me if they are able to attract new investment with such bad press hovering around them.
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
@babake2000

Are u stupi.d? Why are pasting this scam all over NL?
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by shehu50(m): 10:59am On Feb 04, 2010
justwise why are u insulting the poster if you have something contrary to what the poster has said just say it
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by justwise(m): 11:03am On Feb 04, 2010
shehu 50:

justwise why are u insulting the poster if you have something contrary to what the poster has said just say it

I was not refering to Concern10 . My comment was directed to[b] babake2000[/b] as u can clearly see there though the mod has removed his post.
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by akp: 11:08am On Feb 04, 2010
Concern10 , u sound like one of those laid-off staff. I work in Springbank and i no you have info abt the bank but you should have also ask y the HOLD was placed on the accounts to make a good judgment. Use your head!
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by Gumget: 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2010
Ok justwise, wat did @babake2000 say b/c I tink I just missed it. I'd luv 2 knw. undecided
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by Concern10: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2010
@Justwise-No problem I saw Bbake2000's post yesterday.

@Gumget-babake200 posted an ad about some products yesterday (seems the admin removed it)

@akp-There is no reason to get insultive. I actually run my own company and I don't even know the color of SpringBank's LOGO. Also if it is STAFF LIKE U THAT RUN THE BANK AND DEFEND IT'S STYLE, IMAGE AND POLICIES, NO WONDER THEY ARE WERE THEY ARE TODAY.
Anyway, it was a springbank marketer who came to discuss job opportunities with me who raised this observation. After reading ur post I tried to get clarity on this matter and I did. Her opinion was that the bank DEFINITELY had taken the pains to verify who and who to sack and such verification should have been total and not half and half (I assume this makes sense). She claimed that the sacked staff had their accs creditted recently but on reaching various branches to withdraw, they were thoroughly embarassed to be told that there was a hold on the accs pending verifications. She claims there was an instance of a man who had to beg staff (in a branch he never visited as a staff) for money to go back home. Basically, her problem is that if the bank does not even deem it ethical to finalize all procedures before creditting accs and is prepared to let tongues wag as to why people cannot withdraw from their accs, it may be a sign of endtimes. She fears that though it has happened to some now, who knows, she may be next.
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by Demdem(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ akp

Okkk oga spring bank worker, can u kindly tell us why the holds on these accounts?
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by donsilas(m): 7:31am On Feb 05, 2010
This is totally unacceptable by me! I work in Spring Bank Plc. One thing i know about my Bank is the Bank Loves and Cheerishes her staff! Their are questions you need to ask yourself before to talk TRASH and post NONSENSE on Nairaland. 1) Are these staff owning our Bank? 2) Are they owning other Banks or Companies? 3) What Remunerations are due to them from Pension Fund Administrators? 3) What are they entitled to collect as their 'individual' severance pay?

I want to ask the person running His/Her - How long do you think all these will last? I guess not Two weeks!

Please their are more issues than i hav stated above! I believe we all have the right to express ourselves but when we talk - we should be objective, scientific and get our facts so as to say things that are right!

I know how those involved are working tirelessly to see to it that they are paid. So issues like Spring Bank cannot pay does not arise! If i may ask - HOW MUCH ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

God Bless Spring Bank Plc
God Bless Nairaland
God Bless Niaja
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by Concern10: 11:34am On Feb 05, 2010
@donsilas-It tells a lot of ur bank if this is the way u guys handle issues. 2 of u (staff) have responded but with little content regarding the topic and very POOR interpersonal skills. Both of u (u and akp) have simply used insultive words.
What i said is simple "I WAS TOLD SB PAID IT'S DISENGAGED STAFF BUT THE STAFF HAD THEIR ACS FROZEN."
Does that make sense to u? Why not finish WHATEVER then credit them? What about money previously in the acs?
As a lay man who wants to open an ac, will i be confident after hearing this and reading such responses from u and akp?

Pls no be fight,
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by Concern10: 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2010
@donsilas-It a pity that most of the questions u asked above should have been answered by ur bank b4 creditting people's acs. I think, as staff of SB, u and akp should have asked ur ex-colleagues or the establishment to verify or debunk the claims. U should not have reacted based on assumption or sentiments of my bank, my bank.
Re: Spring Bank Cannot Pay! by jobrite: 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
Can it really be that bad?

(1) (Reply)

I Am In Need Of Job At Anambra State, Enugu Or Delta State / Job Opportunity At Lokoja / Technical Oil N Gas Training; Dragnet Calling!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.