Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. (483 Views)

Busola Dakolo: Nigerians To Protest At COZA Church On Sunday Over Rape Allegatio / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Water101(f): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2017
[color=#000000][/color]You will hear some say i could'nt iron my cloth so i am not going to church,when a person dress in a less expensive cloth or simply casual devoid of the alligogoros,heels that singsongs,well perfumed cloth..u will see people look at u as if u are an alien.This is why i wonder the reason people wear their best to church thus look others that don't with disdain.some church will even tell u how dress like you should tuking if you are a male.Does wearing Your best to church make ur worship acceptable?christians in the house put mouth 4 d mata...
Re: Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2017
Answer your question yourself. When going for a gathering where you're likely to meet people from different background, do you or do you not wear your best wears for such occasion?.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
Answer your question yourself. When going for a gathering where you're likely to meet people from different background, do you or do you not wear your best wears for such occasion?.
don't you see her question deserves an answer? There are some kind of people who wouldn't go to church because they don't own or wear attractive or stylish clothes. Whereas some would go no matter how 'battered' their clothe is. In this day and age, people just go to church for the sake of "showing-off." Even pastor Chris gospel channel allows fashion shows on his gospel media(I don't Think it should be so).

2. She mentioned "church" so why use the word "occassion" instead of "gathering?"
Re: Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
don't you see her question deserves an answer? There are some kind of people who wouldn't go to church because they don't own or wear attractive or stylish clothes. Whereas some would go no matter how 'battered' their clothe is. In this day and age, people just go to church for the sake of "showing-off." Even pastor Chris gospel channel allows fashion shows on his gospel media(I don't Think it should be so).

2. She mentioned "church" so why use the word "occassion" instead of "gathering?"

My dear, use your head. Attending church services is also an occasion/gathering. There's no church you won't find people on tattered clothes(poor). And no pastor sends his members away cause they're not properly dressed, except those in various groups that are expected to dress in a particular manner.

The church isn't a place anyone would want to go smelling that's why people naturally want to appear in their best.
Re: Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Water101(f): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
My dear, use your head. Attending church services is also an occasion/gathering. There's no church you won't find people on tattered clothes(poor). And no pastor sends his members away cause they're not properly dressed, except those in various groups that are expected to dress in a particular manner.

The church isn't a place anyone would want to go smelling that's why people naturally want to appear in their best.
Mind u it is not all church that u find people with tattered cloth lyk u said,most sit in their huse because of the same mentality u have dat u need to dress in a certain way..now,those poor people u mentioned shud they not be given a post because of d way they dress since u said except 4 those in various groups>who consist of this groups> and d attitude d pastor & members show to these pple dat count less to their outward appearance is enough to make dem leave.
Re: Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Water101:
Mind u it is not all church that u find people with tattered cloth lyk u said,most sit in their huse because of the same mentality u have dat u need to dress in a certain way..now,those poor people u mentioned shud they not be given a post because of d way they dress since u said except 4 those in various groups>who consist of this groups> and d attitude d pastor & members show to these pple dat count less to their outward appearance is enough to make dem leave.
Your problem is; you're an enemy of the church but you don't know that yet.
You asked if these people with tattered clothes can't join service groups but you forgot most service groups operate on uniforms. I haven't seen a church that sends members out 'cause they came looking tattered so quit this blabbing you're doing now.

What you wear to church is a matter of choice.
Re: Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
My dear, use your head. Attending church services is also an occasion/gathering. And no pastor sends his members
away cause they're not properly dressed, except those in
various groups that are expected to dress in a particular manner.

My dear, use your head.
ok, let me show you why you too should use yours well

Attending church services is also an occasion/gathering.
I partly agree it's an occasion. The word "occasion" for church sounds too informal and not literally acceptable, while "gathering" is very acceptable for church and sounds more formal.
When you say "occasion," you make it seem like the church is meant for business, parties, or some kind of
social 'get-together.' Hence, "gathering" is absolutely ok depending on how you use it when the [I]occasion[/i] calls for it.

There's no church you won't find people on tattered clothes(poor).
you seem to be lying... Go to various denominations out there... Or even abroad.. It's just that you're stuck with the normal [I]fads[/i] of the churches around you. Churches like that are what are even like, where nobody looks at you or the kind 'clothe' you put on. Some churches are really filled with some people who as only come to make a show-off. Anyway why should I be concerned about people who wear tattered & battered clothes to church? I'm only concerned about why I wouldn't have that much to help them with clothes and the ones who has who can wear 4 different clothes on 4 various sundays and then come to make show-offs in church with their clothes instead of helping people in need of clothes, because that's what Christ expect from a cheerful giver

And no pastor sends his members
various groups that are expected to dress in a particular manner
Even some pastors dress to appease and to appeal the public or the congregations. Haven't you heard of a woman who went to a church and the pastor's preaching was about dressing and because she dressed in a wordly manner, when she Got home she burnt all her wordly dresses and started wearing clothes that were good enough for a real christian-like person, when she got to her own church, her pastor told her to go and put on those clothes she puts on before and that all members of the church wear appealing clothes but she alone, she heeded her own pastor's advice and while she was returning home, she was knocked down dead by a fast-moving vehicle and landed in hell because of her "mode of dressing" and due to the kind of advice her pastor gave her. so, you don't have to heed to what some pastors say, some are ignorant, while some are following what is morally right. Unless you you know your right and left, you don't know where you are heading to...

my sister, this is very true! There's self esteem in poor dressing or appearance. So there's need to dress in way that makes you seem confident, especially when you're called to preach in front of the [I]congregations.[/i]

Here is what to know; Dress to look express and not to impress. It's more about confidence and wearing what is right in the sight of God. Nothing more than these.

Thanks.

wink
Re: Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
My dear, use your head. Attending church services is also an occasion/gathering. And no pastor sends his members
various groups that are expected to dress in a particular manner.

My dear, use your head.
ok, let me show you why you too should use yours well

Attending church services is also an occasion/gathering.
I partly agree it's an occasion. The word "occasion" for church sounds too informal and not literally acceptable, while "gathering" is very acceptable for church and sounds more formal.
When you say "occasion," you make it seem like the church is meant for business, parties, or some kind of
social 'get-together.' Hence, "gathering" is absolutely ok depending on how you use it when the [I]occasion[/i] calls for it.

There's no church you won't find people on tattered clothes(poor).
you seem to be lying... Go to various denominations out there... Or even abroad.. It's just that you're stuck with the normal fads of the churches around you. Churches like that are what are even like, where nobody looks at you or the kind 'clothe' you put on. Some churches are really filled with some people who as only come to make a show-off. Anyway why should I be concerned about people who wear tattered & battered clothes to church? I'm only concerned about why I wouldn't have that much to help them with clothes and the ones who has who can wear 4 different clothes on 4 various sundays and then come to make show-offs in church with their clothes instead of helping people in need of clothes, because that's what Christ expect from a cheerful giver

And no pastor sends his members
various groups that are expected to dress in a particular manner
Even some pastors dress to appease and to appeal the public or the congregations. Haven't you heard of a woman who went to a church and the pastor's preaching was about dressing and because she dressed in a wordly manner, when she Got home she burnt all her wordly dresses and started wearing clothes that were good enough for a real christian-like person, when she got to her own church, her pastor told her to go and put on those clothes she puts on before and that all members of the church wear appealing clothes but she alone, she heeded her own pastor's advice and while she was returning home, she was knocked down dead by a fast-moving vehicle and landed in hell because of her "mode of dressing" and due to the kind of advice her pastor gave her. so, you don't have to heed to what some pastors say, some are ignorant, while some are following what is morally right. Unless you you know your right and left, you don't know where you are heading to...

my sister, this is very true! There's self esteem in poor dressing or appearance. So there's need to dress in way that makes you seem confident, especially when you're called to preach in front of the [I]congregations.[/i]

Here is what to know; Dress to look express and not to impress. It's more about confidence and wearing what is right in the sight of God. Nothing more than these.

2. Dress to please God and not to please men. Do all things to the glory of God

Thanks.

wink
Re: Reason Why People Wear Their Best Cloth To Church On Sundays. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
Your problem is; you're an enemy of the church but you don't know that yet.
You asked if these people with tattered clothes can't join service groups but you forgot most service groups operate on uniforms. I haven't seen a church that sends members out 'cause they came looking tattered so quit this blabbing you're doing now.

What you wear to church is a matter of choice.
my sister, it's happening.... Haven't you gone abroad? Like I said; you're only used to the churches you see around you

(1) (Reply)

We All Have Our Hidden Sins / Portraits Of Jesus Christ In Gospel Of John / Gods In The Images They Created Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.