Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants (1025 Views)

Bauchi Governor Abubakar Donates Patrol-Vehicles To Security Operatives / Yuguda Left Empty Treasury, Destroyed Bauchi - Governor Abubakar / Bauchi Governor Dismisses Civil Servant Over Facebook Post On Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by MAYOWAAK: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2010
Bauchi State Governor, Isa Yuguda has broken a world record! By appointing 952 personal assistants (broken down to 56 Senior Special assistants, 289 Special assistants, and 607 Personal assistants) one begins to wonder what is the real duty and responsibilities of a governor. Can the governor explain to us what the portfolios of these appointees are? Will he be paying them from his personal salary or from state government resources? Is it part of his employment generation drive? How do they report to him? What "rocket science" job is he doing as a governor that he needs this number of personal assistants to work with him? What has the Bauchi State legislature done to curb this bizarre display of insensitivity?

This is the same governor who recently married a 21 years old daughter of our president, as the fourth wife. As a son-in law to President Yar'Adua, and with our president's incapacitation via illness, he is allegedly planning to become the president of Nigeria in 2011. If he becomes president he will need a total of 35,224 personal assistants. That is, 952 personal assistants from each state plus FCT. How sad.
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by naijaswag1: 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2010
It is a form of employment.
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by muhsin(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
Source?

I asked because the news interests me; I'll like to share it elsewhere.
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by Demdem(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2010
yeah, pls give a source.
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by bobosunny: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by Kay17: 2:20pm On Feb 03, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin naija. just another thief.
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by ochukoccna: 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
naija_swag:

Abeg tell them jo!
U think say e easy to be governor in 9ja! grin grin grin grin
I sorry sorry O!
I sorry for Nigeria!
I sorry sorry O!
I sorry for Africa!
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by Demdem(m): 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2010
Thanks for the source.

Crazy set of people
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by desgiezd(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
This is horrendous! People like this should not have any business getting close to State House and this is someone whose name has is being mentioned as a possible heir to Yar Adua's throne.

I still do not understand how these assistants report to him. Perhaps the line of reportage is that the Personal Assistants would report to the Special Assistants while these would in turn report to the Senior Special Assistants and the Senior Special Assistants now reprt to him.

What a waste!!
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by chosen04(f): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
naija_swag:

GBAM

If gov. Peter Obi can win the "most trustworthy governor award" then gov. Isa Yuguda deserves an "award as the gov who provides the most jobs in any state of the country"

952 jobs in the state house is poverty allivation like never b/4
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by MAYOWAAK: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
muhsin:

Source?

I asked because the news interests me; I'll like to share it elsewhere.

GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER MONDAY 01 FEB 2010
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by UyiIredia(m): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2010
God SOS >>> EFCC needs to visit his likes 4 cross-examination
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by bawomolo(m): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
even Obama no get 607 personal assistants. grin
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by Beaf: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
Bauchi does not fail to shock. That is the same state where both governor and his deputy were missing from the state for weeks. Thats why Yar Adua's behaviour is normal to them.

. . .Some of the 952 might have been involved in the various riots plaguing that state and its neighbours.
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by PupetMasta(m): 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2010
The guy don move state house to Abuja. He hardly stays in the state even his first lady does not stay in the state. What baffles me is that with all this number of assistants coupled with the fact that the state does not generate funds, FG allocations will not be enough to pay staffs not to talk of carrying out projects. There trouble in this country, u expect a man that was an M.D. of 2 banks to know better.
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by kshow1(m): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
Don't know what to say am sick of Nigerians political office holders.
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
@babake2000

Are u stupi.d? Why are pasting this scam all over NL?
Re: Bauchi Governor And His 952 Personal Assistants by Ibime(m): 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

Bauchi State Governor, Isa Yuguda has broken a world record! By appointing 952 personal assistants (broken down to 56 Senior Special assistants, 289 Special assistants, and 607 Personal assistants) one begins to wonder what is the real duty and responsibilities of a governor.

He must be running a parallel government and bypassing the whole Bauchi civil service completely! cool

(1) (Reply)

Doctors Advice If Yar’adua Is Evacuated From The Ambulance, He Would Die / Ag. Jonathan, Ajuimogobia, Aganga & Allison-madueke To Meet Obama Today! / Lagos State Nutrition Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.