Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:13 PM

Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola (523 Views)

Nine Varsities To Get Solar Plant, Says Fashola / 'Nigerians Have More Electricity Than They Can Consume' - Garba Shehu / Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by AbiolaFawole(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nigeria ’s Minister of Power,
Works and Housing, Babatunde
Fashola, has assured Nigerians
that electricity supply to homes
will improve from next month.
Mr. Fashola said this while
delivering a lecture at the
University of Lagos on Thursday.
In his lecture titled “Power sector
reform In Nigeria: challenges and
the way forward”, the former
Lagos state governor said, “We
are working round the clock to
solve the (power supply)
problem. We are going to get
more power by August.
“How we get equipment,
transformers, and all of the
equipment needed within the
next cycle of 60 to 90 days is
critical so that we don’t lose all
that energy that is coming from
the raining season,” he added.
Commenting further, Mr. Fashola
said “If you don’t pay for
electricity, you have violated a
law. But we are now trying to
make that law stronger, and we
are looking at how to include
fines and to increase the
consequences. We want to make
it easier to comply than to
violate.”
“There are different types of
consumers and therefore they
require different kinds of meters.
Meters are calibrated differently
for each distribution company.
So, the meter that Ikeja disco has
– if you move them from Ikeja
disco, they must be recalibrated
before you can use them. If you
use the wrong meter, you’ll pay
the wrong tariff,” he stated.
On the agitation to cancel the
privatisation of the power sector,
Mr, Fashola said, “Instead of
saying ‘cancel the privatisation,’ I
would rather say, let us rework
the privatisation and re-engineer
it to make it work.
“When people ask us to cancel
the privatisation, I ask them how
that impacts our moving forward
when we demonstrate that we
are a nation that cancels a
respecting contract. Where are
we going to get the dollars to
refund (the contractors)? Because
they paid in dollars and I don’t
think they would accept naira.”
The minister assured that the government
would ensure that it makes the system work,
adding that cancellation is not the best step
to take.
“We cannot keep canceling, there must be a
point where we can make things work and I
guess that is what this administration is
about. We can make it work,” he said.

http://fawoleblog..co.ke/2017/07/expect-to-see-more-electricity-supply.html?m=1
Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by Ehiscotch(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
Many people would blame Fashola and leave out the idiots that privatized power without due process and weighing the pros and cons.

1 Like

Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by stexsy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
Fashola is a goat...

1 Like

Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by Ehiscotch(m): 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
stexsy:
Fashola is a goat...
How is he a goat?
Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by olatunji390(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nothing worth believing in Nigeria again
Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by StakerLives(m): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Good Move

All credits goes to our great president(buhari)
Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by StakerLives(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
stexsy:
Fashola is a goat...
cool frustrated fella spotted
Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by agbangam: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
We hope so, have so much faith in Uncle Fash.
Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by Ehiscotch(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
Mr, Fashola said, “Instead of saying ‘cancel the privatisation,’ I would rather say, let us rework the privatisation and re-engineer it to make it work. “When people ask us to cancel the privatisation, I ask them how that impacts our moving forward when we demonstrate that we are a nation that cancels a respecting contract. Where are we going to get the dollars to refund (the contractors)? Because they paid in dollars and I don’t think they would accept naira.” The minister assured that the government would ensure that it makes the system work, adding that cancellation is not the best step to take. “We cannot keep canceling, there must be a point where we can make things work and I guess that is what this administration is about. We can make it work,” he said.
Fashola just keeps impressing me .
Re: Expect To See More Electricity Supply Next Month, Says Fashola by Ejanla07: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
we kno. minister of darkness we kno its rainy season. so no bobo us. we don tey for naigeria

(1) (Reply)

Opeyemi Bamidele Renews Gubernatorial Ambition, As He Celebrates 54th Birthday / Saraki 2019 / Fayose: Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Committee On Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.