Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,170 members, 7,880,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:57 PM

Prize Of Frozen Chicken So High...! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Prize Of Frozen Chicken So High...! (551 Views)

If Interest Rates Are So High In Nigeria , Why ? / Blog For Dash Me Prize Of 4k / My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prize Of Frozen Chicken So High...! by mrnwas(m): 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Market Price For Frozen Chicken....:

2 weeks ago, I bought a carton of Chicken, the very big laps for #7500

Today I go market again for the same thing. The price has doubled.
A carton now sells for #14300.

Me: Why the price high like this na? Chicken scarce?
Woman: Chicken nor scarce my brother. Na becos say Custom dey seize our load when we dey come back from market. Sometimes sef we dey pay huge sum of money to them in order to allow us go.

Meaning....

Corruption will never end in this country, even the customs stationed to safeguard our boundaries will compromise and allow contraband into our country. All you need is toss some cash in their face.

I am not surprised if officials from other sectors of defence are of the same character. Little wonder why Boko harram keeps having more arms, sophisticated equipments even than the Nigerian army. They smuggle these through these customs without getting caught because either a top ranked officer has been paid to keep a blind eye or will be at the route to ensure such arms are delivered safely to Boko Camps.

You see? No wonder top level officer jeeps buying houses in the US, Asia, some even have Companies abroad. Because they earn more than they're paid. This their earning in turn puts the life of the sane citizens they're charged to protect at risk.

I'm sure they will do this even when you're carrying a truck load of Arms. Just settle, you will pass.

It is only who nor settle, who refuse to roger that will be caught, his face will appear for crime fighter.

Now I understand why #Evans was caught. He probably refused to pay his monthly dues or the officer that watched his back went to One country for Omugwo or Treatment.

Naija which way?

©MrPinner 2017
Re: Prize Of Frozen Chicken So High...! by nosiebaba(m): 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
Customs just. Asking life difficult for Nigerians.. The economy is bad yet customs duty are so high. Plus confiscating and destroying such items.

(1) (Reply)

Training On Customer Service Excellence Masterclass / Bad Banking Etiquette You Should Avoid / How To Get A Job In Oil And Gas Companies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.