Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,982 members, 7,915,869 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:36 AM

Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ (574 Views)

South Africans React To Ghana Closing Nigerian Shops (TWEETS) / South-East Governors To Nnamdi Kanu 'Attack Us And Be Deported Back To Nigeria' / 'Photo Of The Year' - Nigerians Do The Buhari 4 + 4, Keyamo Takes It To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ by AbiolaFawole(m): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2017
A man was allegedly deported from Belgium this
week ‘because he wasn’t gay enough’.
Boyfriend Jurgen Hendrickx issued a public plea for
help on Wednesday after Festus was sent to
Ghana – where homosexuality is illegal.
The pair, who met on a
dating app in Antwerp in
2015, have been in a
relationship for two years.
However Mr Hendrickx said
‘immigration in Belgium
didn’t want to believe he
was gay’ and ‘refused to let
him stay despite being given evidence’.
Speaking about it, he said that he and
Festus had handed over dozens of pictures as well
as evidence that Festus had been with other men
before they met.
He said: ‘We have appeal so many times, we have
done everything.
‘Immigration in Belgium don’t want to believe he is
gay. They say he is not gay enough.
‘I have spoken to him today,
he is very scared, he has
nobody there. I want to go
to him.
‘Over the last two years our
relationship has grown and
grown and grown, it is so
good.
‘I have autism and it’s not easy for me to find love
but I have.
‘I can’t stop crying, being gay is illegal in Ghana
and I fear they are going to kill him.
‘Festus and I cry from morning to evening, we love
each other so much.’
In Ghana, residents face up to three years in prison
if convicted of being gay.
Mr Hendrickx now hope to travel to Ghana next
week to reunite with his partner.
He said: ‘I have lung
disease, so I need to see a
doctor on Monday to see if I
am fit to fly.
‘Then I need my
vaccinations on Tuesday.
‘Immigration don’t believe
Festus is gay but he is and we are a couple.
‘Last year I was in hospital and he sat with me for
eight hours a day from 2pm to 10pm just so we
could be together.

http://fawoleblog..co.ke/2017/07/man-deported-to-ghana-because-he-is-not.html?m=1

Re: Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ by dlondonbadboy: 7:11am On Jul 15, 2017
Nawa o
Re: Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ by Ekakamba: 7:19am On Jul 15, 2017
Just imagine. Funny planet. Lemme go back to Mars.

1 Like

Re: Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ by PDJT: 7:20am On Jul 15, 2017
-What a ridiculous thing to happen. I'm still wondering what type of visa European colonialists (Belgians inclusive) used when they invaded Africa. This is a country that colonized and exploited Rwanda and Congo. Congo which was even more than 75 times larger than their own country.
-African countries need to start deporting returnees back to Europe, Germany did same to Donald Trump's grandfather, so it's perfectly legit to do that.
-It frustrates me that not enough Africans are moving to Europe, to settle or occupy.
Re: Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 15, 2017

The immigration officer must have been a woman

CUz de ar always very angry at gay men becuz de hav lost a handsome man to anoda man

#Eco99#
Re: Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ by Syphax(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2017
We should export Bobrisky to Belgium ASAP

Re: Man Deported To Ghana ‘because He Is Not Gay Enough’ by Buharimustgo: 7:49am On Jul 15, 2017
Satan is a lair,so the only condition to access good life is by being sinful,the believers of 666 will tell you that it has started

(1) (Reply)

Start 2019 Election Campaign Now / Nigeria Redeploys All Police Officers Serving Along Abuja-kaduna Highway / Governor Wike Receives Acting President Yemi Osinbajo In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.