Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,840 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:58 PM

How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine (748 Views)

How Can I Make My Blog To Show On Opera Mini News Feed / How To Submit Your Website To Google With Java Phone Or Operamini / Submit Your Blog Here To Connect With Other Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by Vickwinners: 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello bloggers on nairaland, I'm back again with our free Smart Blogging Tutorial.

And today we'll be talking about how to submit your blog to google and other search engines.

Before we start, i want you to realize that submitting your blog to the search engine is a very important aspect of blogging.

And it's important because unlike Facebook and other social media where your posts gets submitted to your friends whenever you make a post, no one will actually submit your blog posts to anywhere until you add your blog to the search engine.

So submitting your blog to search engines is almost like registering on Facebook if i should put it that way.

And after you submit your blog to google and those search engines, it becomes easy for them to include your post on their database and also share your posts whenever someone looks for it on the internet.

Okay. So before we proceed, let me talk about search engines in a lay man's sense.

Search engines are technological programs that people use to search for what they want on the internet.

A good example of a search engine is Google.

There are other search engines too… Like Yahoo, Bing, Ask.Com etc.

People use search engines to make queries on the internet.

So why should i submit my blog to the search engine?

The reason you need to submit your blog to the search engine is because for your blog to constantly come up in search results, the search engines will have to index your blog.

When they index your blog, the blog gets included in their database. This makes it possible that any time you update or write anything on your blog, it reflects in their database.

And when this happens, your blog will come up when someone is searching for something related to the topic you write on your blog.

Alright. So the most important reason you have to submit your blog to the search engines is to have your blog indexed on the search engine’s database.

But How can i submit my blog to search engines you ask…

The first search engine you’ll want to submit your blog will most likely be Google.

And there are two ways to submit your account to Google.

The first way to submit a blog to Google is to submit your blog directly using your Google account. It could be gmail or anything.

The other way is to submit it directly via the Yoast SEO, a plugin you will need to install on your wordpress blog.

If you decide to submit your blog through the Yoast SEO plugin, your Google account will be needed too.

And you’ll follow this simple steps i will be sharing with you…if you’re using Yoast SEO plugin, click on your ->WordPress dashboard area ->webmaster tools, ->choose Google search console.

This will take you to where you can login your google account. Be sure you login the email account you want to associate with the blog. This is the same email google will use to associate with the blog

After you login the account you’ll be redirected to the google search area (webmaster central, still on your google account page). This is where you’ll add the blog url.

Right on the webmasters central page, there are two methods to add your site : Alternate and recommended method. Choose the recommended method.

After you’ve chosen the method, click on the html button on the left part of your screen.

When that is done, a dialog box will be opened that contains numbers and figures that looks like like this one below:

GSf2v2ht0g1BSfhAA5j19enTKDGyAVh7-1pQA4ORLDg.

Copy the code between (content) and the double apostrophe (”) like this: GSD2v2ht0g1BSfhAA5j19enTKDGyAVh7-1pQA4ORLDg.

Paste the copied code on the Google search box on your blog. Then click on save.

After that, go back to Google webmaster central and click verify.

Your blog will be properly submitted, verified and added to google engine.

After submitting your blog to Google successfully, you’ll have to submit it to Yahoo and Bing search engines respectively

Yahoo will not ask you to create an account with them. So you might just skip that part and submit the URL of your blog directly.

To submit your blog on Bing, you will need to create an account with them then follow a simple direction on the site.

There are other search directories you’ll need to submit your blog as well.

Some of these search directories will demand that you register an account with them and have some good number of content.

Others will not require these procedures. But the ones we mentioned here are enough for a start.

After you’re done with the major search engines, you’ll now be looking at submitting your sites to the social media…

This is what we’ll be talking about in our next episode of the smart blogging tutorial.

This Free Smart Blogging Tutorial was brought to you by the Victor Winners Dot Com's Smart Blogging College.

If you've missed any part of this tutorial, you can follow the link below to read up the remaining ones.

https://www.victorwinners.com/smart-blogging-tutorial-how-to-submit-your-blog-to-search-engines/

cc: Lalasticlala

Re: How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by DPlanter: 3:54am On Jul 16, 2017
how can I own a blog without the address -..com

1 Like

Re: How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by Vickwinners: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
DPlanter:
how can I own a blog without the address -..com

Hello DPlanter, You can do that if get to purchase and you use a customised domain name. Something like www.myname.com.
The reason you're having something that ends with .com is because you're using a free account provided by google.
Re: How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by DPlanter: 5:40am On Jul 20, 2017
Vickwinners:

Hello DPlanter, You can do that if get to purchase and you use a customised domain name. Something like www.myname.com.
The reason you're having something that ends with .com is because you're using a free account provided by google.

How can I purchase it and how much pls
Re: How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by Lagosfinder(m): 10:40am On Jul 20, 2017
This info is very helpful as we are just beginning

1 Like

Re: How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by Vickwinners: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
You can check out the prices on smartweb.com.ng. It comes in different prices depending on what you can afford and the purposes you'll be needing it. You can place an order for a domain name and webhosting account through the link i shared above.

If you need further assistance, you can shoot me an email via info@victorwinners.com. And i will reach out to you.

Regards.

cc DePlanter
DPlanter:

How can I purchase it and how much pls
Re: How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by DPlanter: 5:37am On Jul 21, 2017
Vickwinners:
You can check out the prices on smartweb.com.ng. It comes in different prices depending on what you can afford and the purposes you'll be needing it. You can place an order for a domain name and webhosting account through the link i shared above.

If you need further assistance, you can shoot me an email via info@victorwinners.com. And i will reach out to you.

Regards.

cc DePlanter
Thanks sir, which hosting is the best for educational,inpiration and articles
Re: How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by DPlanter: 5:58am On Jul 21, 2017
Vickwinners:

pls bro, can you give me your whatsapp number though I have sent email to you.
Re: How To Submit Your Blog To Google And Other Search Engine by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 21, 2017
Good Day , I am Abija Johnny I'm a web design,content writer And Also do SEO works .
I Will Be Designing A Blog or Any Form Of Website For You At An Unbelievable And Affordable Price that I am sure you are going to love.

Blog (Blogger) - #2,000 Only + Free Favicon , Logo And One Banner...

Blog (WordPress) - #4,000 + Free Banner And Logo

Website(Business,portfolio,NGO,etc) - #5,000 + Free Logo And Icons

SEO (basic SEO) - #3,000

Note... I said basic SEO ..

Others services also available ,,,, Content writing , etc

You can reach me on whatsapp

+234-070-8514-9559

Gmail

abijahjohnniebamanja@gmail.com

Let's Do business!!!!
Good Day Once Again.......Enjoy!!!?!!

(1) (Reply)

Basic SEO Wisdom / Adsense Users With Low Income / Gift Card For Magento Ecommerce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.