Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Dismissed Soldiers: Nigeria’s Military Chief Risks Jail Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dismissed Soldiers: Nigeria’s Military Chief Risks Jail Term (607 Views)

Onnoghen: CCT Chair Risks Jail Over Contempt / Buhari Condemns Killing Of Soldiers- Nigeria Will Conquer Boko Haram Insurgency / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dismissed Soldiers: Nigeria’s Military Chief Risks Jail Term by FRESHGIST247: 3:21am On Jul 16, 2017
Nigeria’s Chief of Defense Staff, Gabriel Olonisakin, now risks jail, after disobeying an order of the Industrial Court, which compelled him to provide evidence of transmitting the appeal of a controversially dismissed officer to President Muhammadu Buhari for redress as stipulated by law, according to documents seen by PREMIUM TIMES.

The court had on June 21 ruled that Mr. Olonisakin comply within 10 days with its judgement as delivered by Edith Agbakoba in Abuja.

However, checks at the court by PREMIUM TIMES on July 3, after the period given for compliance, showed the order had not been carried out, and the Defence spokesperson, John Enenche, did not also confirm compliance.

Citing Mr. Olonisakin’s disobedience to the order, the judgement creditor, Abdulfatai Mohammed, on Friday, approached the industrial court to summon the military chief to give reason why he should not be committed to prison for “contempt of court”.

http://regulusnews.com/2017/07/15/dismissed-soldiers-nigerias-military-chief-risks-jail-term/

Re: Dismissed Soldiers: Nigeria’s Military Chief Risks Jail Term by OVI75(m): 3:24am On Jul 16, 2017
Fluke,It aint Happening

Buhari Shud Be blamed,
Between Who Is The unamed Controversial Soldier

Yoruba,Igbo,Or Hausa.

If Its D Last,He Did Be Blessed by God Fr Nt Transmitting It To Ghost From Daura....
Re: Dismissed Soldiers: Nigeria’s Military Chief Risks Jail Term by WeShallSee: 6:33am On Jul 16, 2017
OVI75:

Between Who Is The unamed Controversial Soldier

You were wrong in using the word "Between",
You should replace it with "By The Way"
Merely reading through that, it makes no sense to have used the word "between" in that sentence. "Between who is the unnamed soldier"

You probably meant to write
"btw who is the unnamed soldier" same way as you have seen "btw" used in other people's sentences

What you do not realise is that, when the short form "btw" is used in any sentence, it could have meant "between" or "by the way"
So you need to look at the context in order to figure out which one is appropriate.

"I stood btw the rock and the river"... yes, that means BETWEEN

"btw, who do you think you are"....Now, that means BY THE WAY

for more info.
read: https://www.nairaland.com/1523915/btw-way-not-between
excerpts:
lobell:
Ok, I finally snapped today after seeing one more comment starting with 'between'. If I don't address this issue now I might strangle myself next time I see one.
The commentators have seen, I presume, a comment starting with 'btw' and assumed rather erroneously that it was a short form for the word 'between' and have gone ahead to use it in its long form never minding to query if the comment they saw made complete sense if 'btw' was replaced with 'between'. Plus nothing stops one from asking if one doesn't know. The Hausas have a proverb that says "matambayi baya bata - meaning, he who asks never gets lost".
Please my fellow Nairalanders if you don't understand something, anything, just ask. It doesn't make you unintelligent but rather makes you smarter for next time instead of assuming and looking like an *** or worst still leading other learners astray!
my two kobos worth!

PS: If you are reading this and have ever used 'between' in place of 'btw' please go and fix it. NOW!
Re: Dismissed Soldiers: Nigeria’s Military Chief Risks Jail Term by Xpol: 7:54am On Jul 16, 2017
for 9ja?after he has been comitted to prison who will carry it our.anyway d prison will still be his house,office,pubic functions,hotels,etc

(1) (Reply)

‘Its Like Davido’s Father Has Run Mad Since The Death Of Sen. Adeleke’ – Aregbes / A Letter To Biafra / Senator Ndume Visits Gwoza IDP Camp, Gifts 2 Tricycles & 1 Million Cash - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.