Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,076 members, 7,977,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:53 PM

The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. (531 Views)

'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. by Martinez19(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
It's funny how an all powerful God will send himself to be tortured and suffer the death of criminals when he could just forgive in an instant. Some christians do say that God could not have done it any other way that in the old testament, blood was used for the atonement of sins therefore Jesus had to use his blood.

First of all, who made it so that blood should be shed for the forgiveness of sins? What sort of morality is that? If God made it so, why couldn't he change it? You created a principle which requires blood of animals then decided to use your blood through suffering and torture to end it undecided. Why don't you just change the principle? Mehn, if God was a real human, I would send him to a good psychiatrist because he is a psychopath.

Forgiveness is not a hard thing nah. You sent your self on a 33 year mission because you want to forgive man but you can perform miracle anyhow. O ga o. grin
Re: The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. by PraiseDLord: 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
Martinez19:
It's funny how an all powerful God will send himself to be tortured and suffer the death of criminals when he could just forgive in an instant. Some christians do say that God could not have done it any other way that in the old testament, blood was used for the atonement of sins therefore Jesus had to use his blood.

First of all, who made it so that blood should be shed for the forgiveness of sins? What sort of morality is that? If God made it so, why couldn't he change it? You created a principle which requires blood of animals then decided to use your blood through suffering and torture to end it undecided. Why don't you just change the principle? Mehn, if God was a real human, I would send him to a good psychiatrist because he is a psychopath.

Forgiveness is not a hard thing nah. You sent your self on a 33 year mission because you want to forgive man but you can perform miracle anyhow. O ga o. grin

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God!!!!
1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
http://bible.com/1/1co.1.18.KJV
Re: The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. by thorpido(m): 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
^^^^^ end of story.
It's a foolish story to as many as feel wiser than God's ways.
Re: The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. by hopefulLandlord: 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
PraiseDLord:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God!!!!

I've heard this many times

but have you ever sat down to think that we regard this "message of the cross" as foolishness because its foolishness?

let me give an example, let's say A derby county fan comes to me and says his team is the best in the world and I tell him I don't believe him cuz it doesn't make sense

having no logical ground to defend his claim, he then says "the message I gave is foolishness to non Derby County fans", if one looks closer to that statement, he's actually kinda correct, its foolishness to non Derby fans but that does not mean its not foolishness

that Derby County fan represents Christians

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. by PraiseDLord: 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I've heard this many times

but have you ever sat down to think that we regard this "message of the cross" as foolishness because its foolishness?

let me give an example, let's say A derby county fan comes to me and says his team is the best in the world and I tell him I don't believe him cuz it doesn't make sense

having no logical ground to defend his claim, he then says "the message I gave is foolishness to non Derby County fans", if one looks closer to that statement, he's actually kinda correct, its foolishness to non Derby fans but that does not mean its not foolishness

that Derby County fan represents Christians

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 4:3‭-‬4 KJV
http://bible.com/1/2ti.4.3-4.KJV

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God!!!!!
Re: The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. by pennytration(m): 9:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
@ op, dats what indoctrination does to pple. It makes pple believe things no matter how absurd they are.
Re: The Absurdity Of Jesus Death On The Cross. by hopefulLandlord: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
PraiseDLord:

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 4:3‭-‬4 KJV
http://bible.com/1/2ti.4.3-4.KJV

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God!!!!!

oh sheet

my post flew over your head

(1) (Reply)

(VIDEO/PHOTO): Muslims in Philippines Filmed Themselves Desecrating a Church / Suggest / The World Will End On September 23, Christian Numerologist Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.