Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,165 members, 7,939,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Story: Eleven Hours In Detention(season 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Eleven Hours In Detention(season 1) (367 Views)

Completed Romantic Story : My Father's Wife (18+) Season 1 To 4 / Agent Peter - Season 1: RACHEL(The Beginning) / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story: Eleven Hours In Detention(season 1) by youngdav(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
A true life story experience, stay back, relax and enjoy the Story……..

Season 1
The event I am about to relate is a true life story aimed at sensitizing the youths in Africa (especially Nigeria) on the DANGERS of online friendship and contacts.

They are thousands of online fora, and these fora have been turned into grazing fields for fraudsters.
HOW I MET MR.CHRIS.
It was around February 2017 in an online forum, there was a request for a website designer, who has a knowledge in PHP, for it seems the programmer was encountering errors in his codes. So he needed technical advice on the logic to use in his line of code to achieve a particular function. So I stepped in to help, for I once had such problems but later solved them by omitting certain variables (programmers would understand this.). My suggestion helped, unknown to me that other programmers on the forum have been encountering similar problems. Automatically I became the trending programmer (you know that feeling you get when you are a celebrity). It wasn’t up to two days I was made an Admin in the forum.

That was how I started chatting with the guy called Chris on the forum. One day he asked me if I could code a Networking site for him (Ponzi site), I said no that I can’t code ponzi sites, because of my limited knowledge in java script; I told him my area of specialty is PHP. He asked me if I knew anyone who would do the Job, which I replied “No, I don’t”. He further asked me if I help people in exams like WAEC and NECO, which I replied “YES I USED TO, BUT NOT ANYMORE BECAUSE OF MY CURRENT ENGAGEMENT”. So we ended the conversation there after exchanging contacts.
And that was how I got to know Him (Chris). All these transpired on an online forum. According to him he stays in Abuja, Nigeria.
Around March 2017 he called me once, to ask how I was and if I had a Google addsence on sale which I didn’t have any to sell. Since then he hasn’t called me and I likewise haven’t called either. Not until……

THE CALL SCANDAL

It was on the 28th of June 2017, at about 6:15 pm, on a Wednesday evening. I got a call from Mr. Chris. I was surprised and at the same time happy; for my online friend called, so I picked up the call before the second round of my Nokia ringing tone. After exchanging pleasantries, He asked me if I am still staying in Ebonyi state, to which I answered him; “Yes I still reside in Ebonyi state”. He then told me that a woman in my current location will call me that she needs help in the ongoing NECO exam. I accepted the offer.
It wasn’t up to 30 minutes I got a call from an unknown number, I picked up the call and it was a female voice. Without wasting time she started explaining the aim of her call; that she works with NTA ABAKALIKI and that she needs my help in the ongoing NECO exam especially Government paper. She said she needs the NECO certificate to cover her old fake certificate, which she presented as at when she was employed. I took pity on her condition (it is not easy to get a job in Nigeria. People go the 360 degree for it. The economic condition is bad we all know this.).
She then told me that she has somebody writing for her in a school at IKWO Local Government Area, so what she needs from me is to send the answers to the person’s phone. I accepted to help. She asked me how we would see and method of payment, and she pointed out to me that she wouldn’t want to pay into my account, as she has been duped in MMM. So she would like to pay cash.
I gladly accepted since we stay in the same city. I told her to come to GOLF CLUB BUS STOP. She agreed but later called back to inform me that the location for our meeting has been changed to FATI LAMI PARK by 7am the following day, as she is going to pay me there . But that was the beginning of my Problem. I only wanted to help…….
(To be Continued……)

Source: http://www.eleganceng.com/2017/07/story-eleven-hours-in-detentionseason-1/

(1) (Reply)

Tools For Good Works / The Letter / The Little Hibiscus Grows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.