Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,199 members, 7,880,740 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:12 AM

Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo (30943 Views)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Kennedymac(m): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
These Mbaise people are nothing but shame, they are the worst set of Igbos anytime anyday
ur generation is cursed fool God punish ur generation born and unborn for writing that trash

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 11:34am On Jul 18, 2017
Don't mind them, Mbaise people are only after their pocket and not about service and that is the reason the larger Igbo people detest anything about Mbaise. They are horrible and dangerous people.

flex04:

just imagine. so re they after service or office

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by busky101(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2017
donofdons:
I pity this priests that are disobeying the holy father. Do they realize that they are doing this at the expense of their souls? Do they know that the pope are the divine elected of God, with the same power on earth as God himself?
They have turned the church to a power play ground.
Mother of God.
STFU

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by madridsta007(m): 11:36am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:
The Mbaise people are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria. I have studied the news from both sides and I think the Pope didnt do a nice job by not listening to the Mbaise people.

The moment you keep imposing Priests from other tribes who are not Catholics but by virtue of Nigeria's tribal nepotism allow one tribe to lord over the very known Catholic tribes, then you cause trouble.

I am proud that Mbaise people disobeyed the Pope. They are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and in fact Africa. They have so many Priests but none was considered worthy enough, but a different tribe and people are always choosen and imposed on them.

It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us.

It wont work.

If you followed the saga, you will find out that Mbaise people rejected the Mbaise priests that were selected to fill the position.

Apparently, they wanted a specific person. The Catholic Church then gave them someone who was not Mbaise to, hopefully, end the fracas.
They still rejected him (Okpalaeke).

This is just stubbornness. Nothing else to classify it.

4 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nickymezor(f): 11:36am On Jul 18, 2017
I hope the ISH becomes history soonest...
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Caliph69: 11:37am On Jul 18, 2017
goody36:
From left: John Cardinal Onaiyekan,The Apostolic Nuncio and Very Rev. Fr. Raph Madu(a priest par excellence).

Its like you know him personally. He's really good.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by jnrbayano(m): 11:37am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Even Jesus' prayer failed woefully

John 17:20-23

I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you…that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me

You are so wrong. Just as the Protestantism and Pentecostalism tried and failed, Mbaise priests have failed too.

They are one and have remained one, those who he called.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by mechanics(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2017
so it has come to this stage?
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2017
ESDKING:

May God help and forgive you.
Which of the Gods, Allah or Jehovah or Mary or Jesus ? You guys are even confused on who to worship.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:
The Mbaise people are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria. I have studied the news from both sides and I think the Pope didnt do a nice job by not listening to the Mbaise people.

The moment you keep imposing Priests from other tribes who are not Catholics but by virtue of Nigeria's tribal nepotism allow one tribe to lord over the very known Catholic tribes, then you cause trouble.

I am proud that Mbaise people disobeyed the Pope. They are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and in fact Africa. They have so many Priests but none was considered worthy enough, but a different tribe and people are always choosen and imposed on them.

It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us.

It wont work.
You've brought tribalism into this post. The priests and bishops chosen to serve in stations, parishes, chaplainces and diocese are not chosen on the basis of their tribe. Where I served in Ogun state, our parish priest was an Igbo from Enugu state.
Mbaise people are just doing what they're known for. They always consider people from their locale before those from other places.
Ask FUTOites what was happening in FUTO during Onwuliri's tenure. I'm from Imo state so I know exactly what I'm talking about. Anybody else from Imo, with the exception of people from Mbaise will assert to this

6 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

You've brought tribalism into this post. The priests and bishops chosen to serve in stations, parishes, chaplainces and diocese are not chosen on the basis of their tribe. Where I served in Ogun state, our parish priest was an Igbo from Enugu state.
Mbaise people are just doing what they're known for. I'm from Imo state so I know exactly what I'm talking about. Anybody else from Imo, with the exception of people from Mbaise will assert to this

Tribalism caused the entire thing from the beginning, I have been following up this issue from time. Ask Mbaise people.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by jnrbayano(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.

Modern day Martin Luther. Continue.

The people who brought the gospel to the shores of this Country are missionaries who are not Nigerians.

Bishop Shenahan was a bishop in Onitsha, he was not from there...and so on.

Disobedience, is where sin originated. Disobedience is the origin of many churches you see today.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by sunnymighty(m): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.

Are Mbaise people Roman Catholic than the Pope? please let us shun nepotism in the house of God.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by flex04(m): 11:45am On Jul 18, 2017
gazilion:

O God, please bring donofdons out of darkness to see the light of the glorious gospel and truth.

i knew they were coming
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2017
jnrbayano:

The people who brought the gospel to the shores of this Country are missionaries who are not Nigerians.

Disobedience, is where sin originated. Disobedience is the origin of many churches you see today.

Bullshiit, I am not interested in injustice, whether in a church or in a mosque. Justice not anointing pls.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by mesoprogress(m): 11:48am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.

Mbaise is now a tribe of its own? This is why it'll be difficult for Mbaise to cling to Imo Governorship. Nobody trusts them. You guys should stop this shameful saga

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by 1metre: 11:48am On Jul 18, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
These Mbaise people are nothing but shame, they are the worst set of Igbos anytime anyday
tell me one good reason to condemn the entire mbaise nation. Hope u know that not all of them are catholic.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Kennedymac(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Don't mind them, Mbaise people are only after their pocket and not about service and that is the reason the larger Igbo people detest anything about Mbaise. They are horrible and dangerous people.

This nonsense is now too much. I want to proudly state categorically here that we Mbaise people are one of the best people you can associate with. I discovered that we Mbaise people are far more better than most of those people that call us names. One spectacular thing about we Mbaise people is that we hate injustice and intmidation.Mbaise community was stereotyped as bad people in 1902 when the Britsh govt came with intimidation to colonise us.History has it that Mbaise comm. was the only comm. that resisted the intimidation of the British govt.
It was in the process of resisting their intimidation that Dr Stewart Rogers was killed, his death led to a fight(Douglas war) btw Mbaise and the british army. Mbaise was the first comm.to have local warriors, and other communities used to come and hire our warriors.The British govt later made an appeal to Mbaise pple for dialogue through Eze Onyekwere, Mbaise comm agreed not knwing that the British had different thing in mind.The layed ambush @ the venue(Nkwo Otulu Ahiara) for the peace talk and killed our warriors,that was how they were able to capture Mbaise comm.That was the genesis of our bad name. So the Mbaise spirit to resist injustice and intimidation has been there right from time immemorial. Furthermore,there was a case btw Kabaka and Dr Sir warrior(Orental brothers), They had a music contract which came through Kabaka,after completing the assisgnment,Kabaka collected the money paid to them and pocketed it for himself.Sir warrior being an Mbaise man voiced out and asked him to bring out the money pd to them but Kabaka refused.One day,Dr sir Warrior told them that he had a music contract for the group,that they would take off from his house in Mbaise and they all agreed without knowing that Warrior had a plan.When they arrived at Sir warrior`s house,he siezed their music instruments and ordered them to leave his house,and not to come back for the instruments unless Kabaka brings out the money in his possesion.Kabaka instead of doing that,seperated from them and went and released a new song,in his song,he sd that if you see an Mbaise man and a snake,that you shld first kill the Mbaise man b4 killing the snake.Now tell me my readers,in all honesty,without any prejudice,who was bad btw the two?
Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu is regarded as one of the best personality in Igboland.
Has anybody ever wondered why he chose Mbaise(Ahiara) of all places in Igboland to declare Biafra. You can hate Mbaise to all we care or say whatever you desired but it remains that mbaise bu agbarusia ngene. we can't allow any form of intimidation and nobody should forget that it is intimidation that gave birth to biafra and secession.
All the kiddnapers, ritualists , drug pushers, armed robbers denting the image of igbos all over the world are from where ? And their names are not ringing bell but when little issue happened to concern mbaise , you see some persons who don't even know where mbaise is not to meeting anyone from Mbaise before saying shits. Well we don't care what they say about us .
Who God has blessed, no one can curse.

4 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2017
mesoprogress:

Mbaise is now a tribe of its own? This is why it'll be difficult for Mbaise to cling to Imo Governorship. Nobody trusts them. You guys should stop this shameful saga

What is my business. Mbaise can not trusted, so what stops you from learning to trust your own self and allow their will to prevail. They have the right to choose their Priest, after all they want to worship God. What the politics from Vatican ?
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by flex04(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2017
jnrbayano:

Disobedience and selfishness
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Austinoiz(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2017
sagitariusbaby:

If you've ran out of pills, you indicate by raising ur hands. One can be of help to you, not showing the whole world how madly insane you 've become by tryna insult a whole Mbaise nation.

Ara ogbawa GI

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 11:59am On Jul 18, 2017
If you like write from now till tomorrow, Mbaise people are not regarded as humans because they are nauseating, horrible, terrible, deadly and should not be associated with in any form. They are the reason Pope is having headache right now. All over the world bishops serves in different places that is not even their home state or town, why is Mbaise issue different? An Mbaise man is the VC of UNIZIK but did you hear that anyone resisted him from ascending that position? NO

Mbaise people should retrace their steps because the entire world and Igbos in particular shall continue to detest them and see them as snakes. When the last bishop died, Mbaise people cause a lot of confusion and disunity amongst themselves, they even rejected one of their own that was initially appointed but insisted on a particular person. This disagreement continued until the Papacy decided to appoint someone else from another state to come and lead the church there since they are have refused to accept even their own.

As for Ojukwu and Ahiara, it happened by chance and not that Ojukwu specifically chose the rural town for any reason. It was something that happened by chance, it was not planned because war was moving them from place to place.

I SPIT ON MBAISE PEOPLE

[s]
Kennedymac:
This nonsense is now too much. I want to proudly state categorically here that we Mbaise people are one of the best people you can associate with. I discovered that we Mbaise people are far more better than most of those people that call us names. One spectacular thing about we Mbaise people is that we hate injustice and intmidation.Mbaise community was stereotyped as bad people in 1902 when the Britsh govt came with intimidation to colonise us.History has it that Mbaise comm. was the only comm. that resisted the intimidation of the British govt.
It was in the process of resisting their intimidation that Dr Stewart Rogers was killed, his death led to a fight(Douglas war) btw Mbaise and the british army. Mbaise was the first comm.to have local warriors, and other communities used to come and hire our warriors.The British govt later made an appeal to Mbaise pple for dialogue through Eze Onyekwere, Mbaise comm agreed not knwing that the British had different thing in mind.The layed ambush @ the venue(Nkwo Otulu Ahiara) for the peace talk and killed our warriors,that was how they were able to capture Mbaise comm.That was the genesis of our bad name. So the Mbaise spirit to resist injustice and intimidation has been there right from time immemorial. Furthermore,there was a case btw Kabaka and Dr Sir warrior(Orental brothers), They had a music contract which came through Kabaka,after completing the assisgnment,Kabaka collected the money paid to them and pocketed it for himself.Sir warrior being an Mbaise man voiced out and asked him to bring out the money pd to them but Kabaka refused.One day,Dr sir Warrior told them that he had a music contract for the group,that they would take off from his house in Mbaise and they all agreed without knowing that Warrior had a plan.When they arrived at Sir warrior`s house,he siezed their music instruments and ordered them to leave his house,and not to come back for the instruments unless Kabaka brings out the money in his possesion.Kabaka instead of doing that,seperated from them and went and released a new song,in his song,he sd that if you see an Mbaise man and a snake,that you shld first kill the Mbaise man b4 killing the snake.Now tell me my readers,in all honesty,without any prejudice,who was bad btw the two?
Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu is regarded as one of the best personality in Igboland.
Has anybody ever wondered why he chose Mbaise(Ahiara) of all places in Igboland to declare Biafra. You can hate Mbaise to all we care or say whatever you desired but it remains that mbaise bu agbarusia ngene. we can't allow any form of intimidation and nobody should forget that it is intimidation that gave birth to biafra and secession.
All the kiddnapers, ritualists , drug pushers, armed robbers denting the image of igbos all over the world are from where ? And their names are not ringing bell but when little issue happened to concern mbaise , you see some persons who don't even know where mbaise is not to meeting anyone from Mbaise before saying shits. Well we don't care what they say about us .
Who God has blessed, no one can curse.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by FrankGiel: 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
donofdons:
I pity this priests that are disobeying the holy father. Do they realize that they are doing this at the expense of their souls? Do they know that the pope are the divine elected of God, with the same power on earth as God himself?
They have turned the church to a power play ground.
Mother of God.
[/b]
This is sheer blasphemy.. I rebuke this foolishness
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Pavore9: 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.

Is your position no t divisive? There are a good number of religious orders where Priests and Sisters of Mbaise extraction hold key leadership positions not because they are of the majority in those Congregations but for who they are, so let us not come up with "they are using our money to develop Vatican"! What is developing Vatican is not the Sundays offerings in Mbaise but the prayers of the faithfuls. The Vatican has the largest network and resources in the world dating back centuries and you claim you developed It? So the billions of dollars spent by Caritas annually in providing aid is from Africa?

Do you know how many Dioceses in Nigeria that European and North American Dioceses have adopted and are footing the bills of so many developmental projects?

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Austinoiz(m): 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
This op, you deserve some spanking. So for your mind, a whole Apostolic Nuncio is specifically sent to Nigeria just to solve the Ahiara crisis.

Why dont you write what you know and jump off what you know not ? Certainly you don't know this, maybe, all thanks or no thanks to your non-catholicism.
Stop bending facts.

For your info, the Nuncio can't force the Laity in Ahiara to bend. The priests have done what Cardinal Onaiyekan and co (not the Pope) asked them to do but the battle is now between the laity and Okpalaeke.
Let him step into Ahiara nah...nonsense!
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
mesoprogress:

Thanks for telling your brother the bitter truth. Mbaise people are by their own hands destroying themselves. They should continue.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by nwaanambra1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
otijah:
otu a kanyi g esi enweta Biafra? Bikonu

onwebedi ife ifulu my broda!

anyi ga egbusi onwe anyi na biafra - igbo enwe eze!

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by janefrancisca(f): 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
mesoprogress:

Who governorship help?
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Themandator: 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
jnrbayano:

But the disobedience is largely deviating from true Christianity by the former.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Austinoiz(m): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
If you like write from now till tomorrow, Mbaise people are not regarded as humans because they are nauseating, horrible, terrible, deadly and should not be associated with in any form. They are the reason Pope is having headache right now. All over the world bishops serves in different places that is not even their home state or town, why is Mbaise issue different? An Mbaise man is the VC of UNIZIK but did you hear that anyone resisted him from ascending that position? NO

Mbaise people should retrace their steps because the entire world and Igbos in particular shall continue to detest them and see them as snakes. When the last bishop died, Mbaise people cause a lot of confusion and disunity amongst themselves, they even rejected one of their own that was initially appointed but insisted on a particular person. This disagreement continued until the Papacy decided to appoint someone else from another state to come and lead the church there since they are have refused to accept even their own.

As for Ojukwu and Ahiara, it happened by chance and not that Ojukwu specifically chose the rural town for any reason. It was something that happened by chance, it was not planned because war was moving them from place to place.

I SPIT ON MBAISE PEOPLE

[s][/s]

You are a TOKUNBO idiot for saying an Mbaisd priest was initially appointed. Who sold you such an imbecilic lie to you? A young man like you is still living in HEARSAY.
Again what has an FG-appointed VC got to do with the Church?

Guy, go cure yourself
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Themandator: 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
Pavore9:

Is your position no t divisive? There are a good number of religious orders where Priests and Sisters of Mbaise extraction hold key leadership positions not because they are of the majority in those Congregations but for who they are, so let us not come up with "they are using our money to develop Vatican"! What is developing Vatican is not the Sundays offerings in Mbaise but the prayers of the faithfuls. The Vatican has the largest network and resources in the world dating back centuries and you claim you developed It? So the billions of dollars spent by Caritas annually in providing aid is from Africa?

Do you know how many Dioceses in Nigeria that European and North American Dioceses have adopted and are footing the bills of so many developmental projects?

Mention one ....shey Na Europe and north America where orthoddox church dey close shop and some of the building converted to community centre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" / Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? / Fire Outbreak At Catholic Church In Anambra, One Dead (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.