Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,636 members, 7,930,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:40 AM

The Importance Of Snake And Why I Support Lalasticala. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Importance Of Snake And Why I Support Lalasticala. (421 Views)

Richard Akindele: Monica Osagie Sent Nudes To Me, Why I Demanded 5 Rounds Of Sex / ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani / Yes! I Support The Banning Of xtains In Katsina. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Snake And Why I Support Lalasticala. by hopeforcharles(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
Snakes: covered in a skin of supple, living scales; legless; with staring eyes that never blink or close; a flickering forked tongue; and, sometimes, fangs that deliver toxic venom.

Snakes inspire fascination and feelings in a way that no other type of animal can.

These long, legless reptiles play an important role in the natural environment and food webs. Effective hunters and ambush predators, snakes use their highly-developed senses of sight, taste, hearing and touch to locate, recognise and track their prey. Some snakes use a lethal dose of venom, a modified saliva, to paralyse and kill their prey while others use their powerful muscular bodies to squeeze their prey to death.

Snakes are highly mobile creatures, able to move over sand and rocks; burrow in the soil; squeeze through cracks and crevasses in rocks; climb near vertical rock walls and the thinnest tree branches; and even swim at great speed- all without limbs!

There are many different types of snakes in Australia, from those that could easily be mistaken for an earthworm through to giant pythons as thick as a man's leg. They come in a kaleidoscope of colours and patterns, mostly mirroring their surroundings, with a few brightly banded and flecked, or giving off a brilliant sheen in sunlight. Snakes inhabit the full range of Australian environments from the rainforest to the outback, freshwater streams to the ocean, as well as our backyards.

The more you learn about snakes the more you learn they are incredible creatures worthy of our respect and protection - and animals that we can learn to live with.

Re: The Importance Of Snake And Why I Support Lalasticala. by hopeforcharles(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
2, The importance of snakes: conservation and protection

Some snake species have become threatened due to land clearing for agriculture, urban development and through the introduction of animals such as domestic pets and the cane toad. Maintaining a high level of biodiversity is important to all life on Earth, including humans, and snakes are an important part of that biodiversity. In Australia, we forget that snakes and other reptiles make up a significant proportion of the middle-order predators that keep our natural ecosystems working. Without them the numbers of prey species would increase to unnatural levels and the predators that eat snakes struggle to find food.

The natural predatory behaviors of snakes are also extremely valuable to humans. Many snake species prey heavily on insects and rodents. When snake populations decline the populations of these prey items increases, often causing serious problems to people.
Insects and other arthropods can destroy gardens or enter people's homes where they will be undesired. When rodent populations serge, the animals can destroy crops at an alarming rate, effecting supplies of food and industries. They can also spread many harmful diseases.
It is well documented that rodents are also a leading cause of house fires, caused by the chewing of wires in walls and attics and they help spread disease.

Re: The Importance Of Snake And Why I Support Lalasticala. by hopeforcharles(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
I hereby encourage you all to love and learn to live them
They are beautiful and lovely,
Re: The Importance Of Snake And Why I Support Lalasticala. by adebayo3449(m): 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
U won make front page abi
Let wait and see
Re: The Importance Of Snake And Why I Support Lalasticala. by Khd95(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
just this yesterday a woman shared story of how she escaped a very deadly snake that had attack her and her family in their car,and this op is here telling me nonsense

kill snake,I repeat it,kill them when you and if you can,they are not our friends they are cursed, sly,deceptive and evil

cool

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Snake And Why I Support Lalasticala. by Daboywizzy: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
your point is?

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ayo Fayose's Son Graduates From Covenant University, Says / Quality Education For Your Kids / Attend FREE Training In Digital Media Marketing In Lagos Next Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.