Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,537 members, 7,972,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:34 PM

South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency (2769 Views)

Kano Power Requires Private Sector Investment – Osinbajo / Olawepo Hashim To Drive Private Sector Investment In Nigeria / I Honoured Jacob Zuma To Attract Investment To Imo State - Okorocha Gives Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by funlord(m): 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
Blue3k:

Oh thank you. Those dogs are beautiful. I think getting me one.

They are expensive to get and maintain! They grow into semi giants but are very loyal and strong! Be prepared to spend a lot on feeding, Vet doctors and cleaning up feces!
Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by slendxy: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
Environer:

He has a few cows; really only just starting that line. Of course dairy and meat processing are to follow, naturally.

In Nigeria with limited electricity perhaps drying chunks of the meat is an option for storage and marketing (just like dry fish). But he knows best what's good for him. I'm just so impressed by the effort, and that is why I am sharing these.
Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by signz: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Very good. Hopefully the cows are hybrids that produces milk.

I pray he motivates other businessmen in the east to venture into cow dairy farming.

1 Like

Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by Scholes007(m): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2017
signz:
Very good. Hopefully the cows are hybrids that produces milk.

I pray he motivates other businessmen in the east to venture into cow dairy farming.
He will because I saw one large farm under construction in Aro ndi Izuogu and another at mile 2 Isiagu
Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by ChimaAdeoye: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Scholes007:
He will because I saw one large farm under construction in Aro ndi Izuogu and another at mile 2 Isuikwuato.

With the massive grassland in the SE there is need to do some ranching here and there.

Folks can even go and cut grass growing in the bush all over the place and use them as feed.
Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by Scholes007(m): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:

With the massive grassland in the SE there is need to do some ranching here and there.

Folks can even go and cut grass growing in the bush all over the place and use them as feed.
It will be capital intensive but truly it is the best way to attain food sufficiency in SE n SS.
Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by Privy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
This is a really great and awesome initiative! Way to go!

In my opinion, while everyone is complaining about the problem posed by fulani herdsmen allover the nation, part of the solution is replacing them and their essence in localities across the nation. If people of means will take up animal husbandry and diary and meat farming and equip the farm with staff, plenty of dogs (to aid the farmwork and its security) and licensed guns with trained security, then we are gradually solving the problem ourselves!

1 Like

Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by DonVikings: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Is this not one of those guns customs confiscated the other time? shocked

This is another herdsmen menace brewing in the se. I hope the idiot restrict his madness to Wawa populated enclaves. He shouldn't go anywhere close to Anambra. angry angry

Look at his face like manure from Ebonyi. angry

Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by Cjrane2: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
Scholes007:
It will be capital intensive but truly it is the best way to attain food sufficiency in SE n SS.

it is not as capital intensive as buying a shop in Alaba market or main market Onitsha. i know because i see what young people go through just to get a shop. I always wonder how they can raise such money just to buy a shop!

My prayer is that our people realize that one can make more money from agriculture than paying 22 million just for a shop at Alaba. Not to mention how much it will cost them to buy the goods to sell in those shops. Which may all be destroyed within one year by the LASG in the name of urban renewal!

Building a fish farm worth N22 million naira or investing that in a poultry and pork farm will earn the investor solid returns. You can smoke the fish or the meat to help you preserve them. Then package them in nice plastic bags and have petty traders come pick up everyday from you. The best part is that you can do it in your own backyard and you are not afraid of customs, Police and all the issues business men deal with. Animal husbandry is the way to go, just that our people simply like to copy. if someone became rich selling slippers, everybody wants to immediately copy and sell it. Nobody tries to innovate or copy rich northerners who are silent billionaires supplying smoked fish across West africa.

3 Likes

Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by Scholes007(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
DonVikings:

This is another herdsmen menace brewing in the se. I hope the idiot restrict his madness to Wawa populated enclaves. He shouldn't go anywhere close to Anambra. angry angry

Sorry he is from Isuochi in Umunneochi Lga Abia state. His farm is less than 10km from Anambra state. So relax he has a lot to do with Anambra.
Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by Scholes007(m): 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
Cjrane2:

it is not as capital intensive as buying a shop in Alaba market or main market Onitsha. i know because i see what young people go through just to get a shop. I always wonder how they can raise such money just to buy a shop!

My prayer is that our people realize that one can make more money from agriculture than paying 22 million just for a shop at Alaba. Not to mention how much it will cost them to buy the goods to sell in those shops. Which may all be destroyed within one year by the LASG in the name of urban renewal!

Building a fish farm worth N22 million naira or investing that in a poultry and pork farm will earn the investor solid returns. You can smoke the fish or the meat to help you preserve them. Then package them in nice plastic bags and have petty traders come pick up everyday from you. The best part is that you can do it in your own backyard and you are not afraid of customs, Police and all the issues business men deal with. Animal husbandry is the way to go, just that our people simply like to copy. if someone became rich selling slippers, everybody wants to immediately copy and sell it. Nobody tries to innovate or copy rich northerners who are silent billionaires supplying smoked fish across West africa.
You have a point but floating a standard farm is time consuming coupled with the cash you will invest. Which means it requires patience, resilience and persistence which I believe we the new generation do not have.

1 Like

Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by DieBuhari: 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
Scholes007:
Sorry he is from Isuochi in Umunneochi Lga Abia state. His farm is less than 10km from Anambra state. So relax he has a lot to do with Anambra.
Why reply that Yoruba Muslim?

4 Likes

Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by Cjrane2: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Scholes007:
You have a point but floating a standard farm is time consuming coupled with the cash you will invest. Which means it requires patience, resilience and persistence which I believe we the new generation do not have.

Bro,
From your reply it is obvious that you are an employee.
if you have ever set up your own business, you will see that you MUST struggle with those issues you mentioned.
Initially it is all about you spending spending spending. infact you will become afraid when you can recover all you are spending. So if it's the same thing when you start your own business in agriculture. believe me, business takes time to take off.

I think the new generation has that. They just need to be properly oriented. The only orientation they get about setting up your own business is to go get a shop and sell what somebody else produced. Never to go and PRODUCE something and sell it.

1 Like

Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by newbornmacho(m): 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
Cjrane2:

Been thinking if starting something in the fishery line. Any advice will be appreciated.
Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by ofai: 12:09am On Jul 19, 2017
DonVikings:

the man is Abraham Onyekwere Godson from ohuhu in umuahia, Abia
Re: South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency by Masterclass32: 6:38am On Jul 19, 2017
This is beautiful.

More engine oil to your elbow. Soon, all our local needs for meat will be met locally and the fulani herdsmen menace stopped.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former DSS Boss Reveal Those Behind Benue Attack / Gov. Fayose Resist The Welcoming Of PMB To Ekiti And Quoted Bible / Asari Dokubo: I Am Not An IPOB Member. Nnamdi Kanu Is A Scam (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.