Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,182 members, 7,880,685 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (253790 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (Reply)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:44am On Jun 28
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

📅 FRI. 28TH JUNE 2024

BUILDING SPIRITUAL SENSITIVITY

📖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105).

Pastor Chris Says
━━━━━━━━━━
There’re many who are ignorant of spiritual matters, and for that reason, they’re buffeted by the crises of life and walk on in confusion. So, it’s important to build your spiritual sensitivity. For that to happen, you've got to study and understand the Word, to know the mind of God.

2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." Also, as you study the Word, train yourself to act on it promptly. This should be natural for every Christian because we’re doers of the Word (James 1:22).

By responding promptly to the Word of God, you condition your spirit to recognize the effect of the Word in your life. That way, when you face challenges, you respond with the Word; you voice your faith. This practice trains your spirit to consistently align and respond to God rather than succumbing to the dictates of the flesh.

Also, in training yourself to be more spiritually sensitive you must be filled with the Spirit every day. Incorporate praying in the Spirit into your spiritual routine. 1 Corinthians 14:14 says, “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.”

Praying in tongues or praying in the Spirit enhances your spiritual sensitivity as it involves the Holy Spirit providing utterance to your spirit. When you speak in tongues, it’s the Holy Spirit guiding your spirit's expressions. Your spirit, through this process, learns to function under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, contributing significantly to an increased sensitivity to God's leading.

🗣 C O N F E S S I O N
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
As I study and meditate on the Word, my spirit is conditioned to respond swiftly to God’s guidance, promptings, ideas and thoughts. Also, my spiritual sensitivity is increased and heightened because I’m full of the Spirit always, praying in the Holy Ghost. I’m perceptive, insightful, filled with the Spirit of wisdom for revelation, to know and walk in the perfect will of God today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

📖 FURTHER STUDY:
  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
James 1:22;But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Ephesians 5:18-20; And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
[19] speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
[20] giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

1 Corinthians 14:2 & 13-15; For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
[13] Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
[14] For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
[15] What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 13:13-52 & Nehemiah 9-10

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 2 Corinthians 10:1-7 & Isaiah 17

Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:47am On Jun 29
Rhapsody of Realities Saturday, June 29, 2024
DISTINCT PURPOSES OF THE FIVE-FOLD MINISTRY GIFTS.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12).

The Apostle Paul highlights the distinct purposes of the five-fold ministry gifts in the Body of Christ.They’re for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, and for the edifying of the body of Christ.

Some Bible translations wrongly assume that the passage presents a single unified purpose, extending fromthe first line to the last due to the lack of punctuation in the manuscripts. However, a closer examination, supported by contextual analysis and comparison with other Scriptures reveals distinct purposes outlined by Paul.

Some other Bible translations wrongly phrased the statement as "for the perfecting of the saints, so that the saints can do the work of the ministry, which is the edifying of the Body of Christ." But that's a misconception. Three distinct purposes for the ministry gifts are, first, to perfect or equip the saints.

Secondly, they’re for the work of the ministry itself. Thirdly, they are for the edification of the Body of Christ.So, it's not stating that the saints themselves will edify the Body of Christ, but rather, the five-fold offices listed in verse 11 are responsible for building up the Body of Christ.

Of course, when every part of the Body functions as it should, the entire Body is edified. Ephesians 4:16 (NIV) tells us,. "From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Also, Colossians 2:19 says,. And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God."*_ However, in Ephesians 4, Paul directs attention to the distinct purposes assigned to ministry gifts for equipping the saints, the work of the ministry, and building up the Church.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I’m equipped, edified, and built up in the Body of Christ through the ministry gifts. I don’t walk in darkness, weakness, or live in stagnation, for I’m always fruitful, productive and abounding in every good work. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 4:11-13. And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Corinthians 14:12. Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual [gifts], seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>. Acts 14:1-28 & Nehemiah 11-13.

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 10:8-18 & Isaiah 18.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:09am On Jul 02
*RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*WISDOM TO DISCERN RIGHT FROM WRONG*

Tuesday, July 2nd .
Pastor Chris

_*Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin (James 4:17).*_

Our opening scripture reveals something quite striking. It says if you know the right thing to do and don’t do it, to you, it’s a sin. That thing may not be a sin to someone else but it is a sin to you because you knew it was the right thing to do but you didn’t do it. This is one major reason God’s people need to understand the workings and guidance of divine wisdom in their lives.

Wisdom gives you the ability to decide and discern right from wrong. Wisdom helps you distinguish righteousness from evil. There’re three major kinds of wisdom the Word of God talks about, and the Greek words for them are “Sophia,” “Sunesis” and “Phronesis.”

“Sophia” is theoretical wisdom, the insight that God gives you into reality. “Sunesis” is comprehension, perception, understanding, the ability to understand concepts and see relationships between them. It suggests quickness of apprehension, the penetrating consideration which precedes action.

But when we say wisdom is the ability to decide and discern right from wrong, we’re referring to “Phronesis,” which is practical wisdom. “Phronesis” is a mindset, the mindset of the righteous; it’s a force. When we say wisdom is a force, we’re referring to “Phronesis.”

“Phronesis” is that disposition of being in the will of God beyond your reasoning. It’s a special spiritual elixir that locates you within the framework or ambits of God’s will beyond your understanding. It locates you in the places where you ought to be; it causes you to do the things you ought to do without having to reason them out first, because it has created a mindset within your system. It’s your default setting to only talk right, think right, live right, and do right. It’s a programming.

If therefore you know what is right by “Sophia” and you don’t do it, then it means you lack “Phronesis.” “Phronesis” is a propeller. It helps you see what you should see that others may not see. The beautiful thing is, you can develop yourself to function always in “Phronesis” through conscious and constant meditation on the Word of God.

*PRAYER*

*Dear Father, as I yield myself to the guidance of your Spirit, I function with an increased manifestation of practical wisdom—the mindset of the righteous. I’m programmed to think, talk, live and act right, and walk consistently in the light of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.*

*FURTHER STUDY:* *||* *Proverbs 3:13-18* Happy [is] the man [that] findeth wisdom, and the man [that] getteth understanding. 14 For the merchandise of it [is] better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15 She [is] more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. 16 Length of days [is] in her right hand; [and] in her left hand riches and honour. 17 Her ways [are] ways of pleasantness, and all her paths [are] peace. 18 She [is] a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy [is every one] that retaineth her. *||*

*||* *Colossians 1:9* For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; *||*

*||* *Ephesians 5:15-17* See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord [is]. *||*

*IF YOU ARE NOT YET BORN AGAIN, KINDLY SAY THIS PRAYER TO RECEIVE SALVATION NOW!🤲=>* https:///salvation-link

*GIVE TO SPONSOR COPIES OF RHAPSODY OF REALITIES AS A GLOBAL AGENT OF CHANGE TODAY!💵💷💶💳📲🌍=>* https:///3PGXMWi

*RHAPSODY SUBSCRIPTION=>* https:///3vUBdST

*🌟You Are Blessed To Be The Light Of The World! Let Your Light Shine Gloriously Before Men By DISTRIBUTING RHAPSODY OF REALITIES GLOBALLY!🌍=>* https:///46i1Wtf

*Kindly Follow READ YOUR RHAPSODY! Channel on WhatsApp for more Insightful contents=>* https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaOUt8rLCoX7VAlrGc23

*DAILY SCRIPTURE READING*

*1-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* Acts 15:36-16:1-15 & Esther 8-10

*2-Year Bible Reading Plan=>* 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 & Isaiah 21

*EXCERPT FROM:* Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

*🤳SHARE WITH YOUR WORLD!🌍*

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.