Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

Cash Shortages In Banks - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Cash Shortages In Banks (545 Views)

Do Not Keep Money Wasting In Banks / Stamp Duty: 16 Commercial Banks Fail To Remit N1.6bn To FG - Reps / Mmm Nigeria: Deaths, Commotion In Banks Trail Ponzi Scheme Freeing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cash Shortages In Banks by DMY01(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello everyone one,I don't know if any body has experienced what I just experienced in one of the leading financial institutions in Nigeria(elephant logo) sapon abeokuta. I am an oil dealer and most of the time my clients always request cash for there transaction.I withdrew sum of 2.5k that is well strapped. Due to the volume of the cash I can't wait and be recounting.But for the sake of the trust I have with the bank I believed everything is well. To my greatest surprise when I got to where the money is needed(if not that I was there myself I wouldn't have believed ),some packs were short of 5pieces,some 6pieces and all like that totalling up to 30k.When I went back to complain I was told it's the cash that was brought from the sorting room of the same branch.Fortunately for me,another customer was making the same complain but no refund was made. The manager was so rude in approach which worsen the whole situation.I think issues like this needs utmost attention so that people will not have the almighty trust again and loosing their hard earned money in this recession time.Always make sure your money is reconfirm in your presence before leaving the counter.
Re: Cash Shortages In Banks by nurez305(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
That is it.... bank also advise to confirm your cash before leaving the tellers point.... if you had requested for confirmation, all the shortages would have been paid.

If bank started attending to customer that complain shortage of cash after leaving the bank.. then every customer that withdrew will always have shortages even when they didn't ...

Only if you requested for confirmation and they assure you is complete without confirming it, then you have a case with them.

But now.... No case
Re: Cash Shortages In Banks by Winneygirl(f): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
It means someone is pilfering cash.
It is only a matter of time before he/she is caught/dismissed.
The bank can't take responsibility for cash that has left them.
Always confirm your cash, or just use e-channels more.
Re: Cash Shortages In Banks by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
So sorry for your experience, even if they didn't accept it's their fault they shouldn't have been rude to you.
Just accept the loss and next time count before leaving the premises.
The thief will be caught soon enough.

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn Passive Income Through Viral Contents Using Some Simple Steps. / Need A One On One Training In Trading Forex,stock... / Make 50-70k In 5 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.