Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer (26319 Views)

Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 / Teni Changes Name To 'Teni Dangote' At A function / Ruth Kadiri Ezerika Is Married. Flaunts Ring, Changes Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by burkingx(f): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
grin
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Builder5(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by wink2015(m): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida will be too embarrased that her EBONY. the elegant Mariam Babangida was once the side chick of Bongos Ikwue.

Musician Bongos Ikwue really had a fair share of Mariam Babangida during their love days.

It was a night Bongos would cherish to remember!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by wink2015(m): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
But wait a minute!

2FACE IDIBIA ( 2 baba ) seems to be avoiding Bongus Ikwue. His Idoma tribe, senior man.

I have seen wizkid showing respect to Sunny Ade and even colabo on stage with him.

I have seen Dbanj show respect to Sunny Ade.

I have seen Ara, queen of talking drum pay homage to Ebenezer Obey.

But one hardly see this man, 2face ( 2 baba ) giving recognition to those great musician we have those days.

The only time I saw 2face give honour was when he visited the wife of Bob Marley. That was some years back.

1 Like

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by oglalasioux(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After shagging the hell out of Maryam Babangida now he wants to repent.

Once an atheist now a born-again.
I've always known atheists were spiritually confused ignorant

Don't confuse business investment with 'giving life to christ'. The man is broke and looking for retirement benefits.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Dreamofsaintify(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
THANK GOD FOR YHU
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by waledeji(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After shagging the hell out of Maryam Babangida now he wants to repent.

Once an atheist now a born-again.
I've always known atheists were spiritually confused ignorant.

You are no longer making sense this days, don't be deceived by the few likes you are getting from some immatured folks here.

ALL yours posts are so childish
Get a break boy

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by sonnie10: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
wink2015:
General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida will be too embarrased that her EBONY. the elegant Mariam Babangida was once the side chick of Bongos Ikwue.

Musician Bongos Ikwue really had a fair share of Mariam Babangida during their love days.

It was a night Bongos would cherish to remember!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What you talking about? They were married not side chick.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by safarigirl(f): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
How does it make him a slave?
I did nor call him a slave, but you, like many Nigerians, lack comprehension skills, hence your interpretation of 'slave mentality' to mean slave

2 Likes

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by MossLuv: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
HopeAtHand:

He didn't shag the hell out of her. He wished he did. IBB chanced him of his wife. Shame on him. shame on IBB too.

you are wrong bro. Maryan was Bongos girlfriend before IBB snatch her from him. according to the story, Maryan have a baby girl for Bongos but the girl died after Maryan marries IBB.

And for some of you who are thinking that he may be joining Christianity to make money, you people don't know Bongos; Bongos is a multimillionaires if not billionaire. H made his money during IBB regime ( Most of the federal govt contract in the north central including Taraba was awarded to him) that made him leave music as a career and become a full building contractor.

Am so happy he accept Christ at the end (Every tongue must confess that Jesus is Lord)

1 Like

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by femi4: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
bbbabes:
Am doing same soon
from BlackBerry babes to Android babes?
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by femi4: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
wink2015:
But wait a minute!

2FACE IDIBIA ( 2 baba ) seems to be avoiding Bongus Ikwue. His Idoma tribe, senior man.

I have seen wizkid showing respect to Sunny Ade and even colabo on stage with him.

But one hardly see this man, 2face ( 2 baba ) giving recognition to those great musician we have those days.

The only time I saw 2face give honour was when he visited the wife of Bob Marley. That was some years back.
I dey feel like Obasanjo o grin
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by meritocrat: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
I hope he converts his Double K hotel in Otukpo to a Methodist church.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by CastingCrowns(f): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
am a proud idoma girl...and a great fan of his songs....'eche une' nd 'ihotu' my favourites.....lovely decision for him by the way.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
church business is the new oil and gas business,church business is booming so much every broke nigerian former musicians and so called actors are becoming pastors and evangelists, who and were were they annointed? we don't know! all are self acclaimed
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
CastingCrowns:
am a proud idoma girl...and a great fan of his songs....'eche une' nd 'ihotu' my favourites.....lovely decision for him by the way.
idoma gyal? nice! please tell me you are from otukpo! tongue
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by MrIndespensable(m): 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
Legendary musician...good for you...
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by MrIndespensable(m): 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
Idoma la adam!!!Nice
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by LeEberry(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
safarigirl:
So because he became an Evangelist na wetin make am change name? All these black men and slave mentality....
he didn't change his name he only added Ebenezer to it.
Evangelist Dr. Ebenezer Bongos Ikwue
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by MurphyTheory99(m): 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
CastingCrowns:

You must be quite old to know these songs. No pun intended.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Lilimax(f): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Good News. Dou I don't knw him
Indomitable children will not know him wink
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Lilimax(f): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
whatever happened to that son he had with Mariam Babangida.?? shocked Shebi dem tell us say the boy died in plant crash undecided OK nah!
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by authenticman(m): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
ncentihem:
Good

Is your airtel 10gb @ N2,. 5k for real?
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by marv1: 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
*DO YOU CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN?

HERE ARE SOME FACTS ABOUT THE RAPTURE*

1). The *RAPTURE* is going to be the *NEXT GREATEST EVENT* that will shock all the continents of the world.

2). It is going to take place *SUDDENLY, ABRUPTLY, UNEXPECTEDLY, without *WARNING and without PRIOR NOTICE*.

3).There shall be no *SECOND VERSION OF THIS EVENT*.

4). GREAT *PERCENTAGE OF CHRISTIANS SHALL BE TAKEN UNAWARES*

5). *CARELESS CHRISTIANS* that miss this event *SHALL* have no other *SIMILAR, GRACIOUS OPPORTUNITY*.

6). This event shall have no *REGARD OR RESPECT FOR ECCLESIASTICAL TITLES OR CHURCH LEADERSHIP POSITIONS*.

7). This shall be a day when the *SHEEP* shall be *SEPARATED FROM THE GOATS*.

cool. That day shall *DIFFERENTIATE, BETWEEN THE BROADWAY CHRISTIANS AND THE NARROW WAY CHRISTIANS*.

9). That day shall *SEPARATE, SINCERITY FROM HYPOCRISY*.

10). That day shall *DIFFERENTIATE*, between those who *HARBOUR SECRET SINS*, from those who *ABHOR SECRET SINS*.

11). That day shall *SEPARATE,* those whose *LIVES are HIDDEN IN CHRIST JESUS* from those who are *HIDING IN THE CHURCH*.

12). That day shall show *A GLARING, CLEAR, CONSPICUOUS DEMARCATION BETWEEN CHRISTIANS* who walk on the *PATH OF HOLINESS* from those who walk on the *PATH OF WORLDINESS*

13). This shall be a day of *DOUBLE EMOTION*, JOY for some, and *UNIMAGINABLE, INDESCRIBABLE UNCONTROLLABLE REGRETS* for others.

14). This shall be a day of *SURPRISES* some *BIG WIGS* shall miss the *FLIGHT* while some *UNKNOWN (DISREGARDED)* people shall be *ONBOARD*.

15. Another *SURPRISE* shall be that *A MAN OR A WOMAN* who had *FAITHFULLY* served the *LORD JESUS CHRIST* for many *YEARS* may defile *HIS OR HER GARMENT, JUST FEW* minutes before the *TRUMPET SHALL SOUND*, and *MISS* the *FLIGHT* while a *NOTORIOUS SINNER* may *REPENT AND SURRENDER HIS OR HER LIFE TO CHRIST JESUS* within the same *HOUR AND THEN MAKE HEAVEN*. Therefore be careful.

16. This event may happen *NOW, TODAY, THIS WEEK, THIS MONTH, THIS YEAR OR ANY TIME*. Be *READY ALWAYS* because no one knows when it shall be.

17).*CHRISTIANS* like the *FIVE WISE VIRGINS* which took with them, *EXTRA OIL*, are expected to be ready, yes, to *GET PREPARED*.

18). After this *EVENT*, all those who are *BITTER against one another, living in MALICIOUSNESS, UNFORGIVING, JEALOUSY, ARROGANCE, HATRED, HYPOCRISY, DRUNKENNESS, STRIFE, FORNICATION, ANGER, IDOLATRY, ADULTERY, LASCIVIOUSNESS, MURDERER WITH WEAPONS AND MURDERER WITH TONGUE, ETC...* shall have *ENOUGH TIME* to continue in their trade.

19). But when this *EVENT IS OVER*, there shall be *GREAT REVIVAL* among those who have chosen to stay behind, not because there will be *A SECOND CHANCE, NO*, but because the *REALITY OF THE EVENT* would have *STRUCK THEM LIKE A THUNDERBOLT*. But they will have to pay with *THEIR OWN BLOOD*.

20). When this *GREAT EVENT* is over, those who are left behind shall no longer be *SAFE TO WORSHIP IN THEIR GIGANTIC FANCIFUL, MULTIBILLION DOLLAR CATHEDRALS*, instead they shall seek *SAFETY IN CAVES, FOREST AND ABANDONED, DILAPIDATED HIDDEN STRUCTURES*.

21). When this *GREAT EVENT IS OVER*, each time those who *MISSED THE RAPTURE*, managed to gather for worship, they shall pay *GREAT ATTENTION* to the *SERMON*, no matter where they gather, whether they gather in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North or South America, any place whatsoever on earth because the *SERMON SHALL CENTER ON HOW TO MEET DIVINE STANDARD AND JOIN THE OTHER SAINTS ABOVE*

22). This is also worthy of note that those who are left behind, shall never again have any business with comedians at their altars. No, there shall no longer be *GATHERING FOR ENTERTAINMENT*. Whenever, they manage to gather, it shall always be for *SERIOUS WORSHIP AND SERVICE TO GOD ALMIGHTY. EYE-SERVICE AND HYPOCRISY SHALL BE A THING OF THE PAST*.

23). The prayer pattern of those who are left behind shall also undergo a radical change. They shall not be praying for *WORLD
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by gidjah(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
I was hummin to that song of his (cock crows at dawn )few days ago, I got pretty emotional any time I sing that line.my wonderful dad use to have the turn table cd way back and that album was my very best out of his collections, can any old school in da house help me with any of his music download link please? shall really appreciate this.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by gidjah(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
how many of the old school here still recall the proverbial statement "SHOW ME A VIRGIN AT THE MATERNITY WARD"?
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by mikeweezy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
otijah:
Searching for greener pastures. Probably found the most lucrative one
do u even knw the person in question ?
u are talking to one of the multy millioniars in benue state
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by otijah(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
mikeweezy:

do u even knw the person in question ?
u are talking to one of the multy millioniars in benue state
That was then oga
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by mikeweezy(m): 12:07am On Jul 20, 2017
otijah:
That was then oga
what do u know bout him am working directly under him now
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by CastingCrowns(f): 1:54am On Jul 20, 2017
MurphyTheory99:

You must be quite old to know these songs. No pun intended.
i love indigenous songs....one doesnt have to be old to love it
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Jonwesley(m): 1:57am On Jul 20, 2017
wink2015:
But wait a minute!

You are wrong about this and you can find out more. Bongos actually hosted Tuface and some other Idoma musicians in Otukpo at a time, can't remember the exact date now. On that ocassion Tuface paid tributes for Bongos legendary role as a musician who had given he and others the beacon of hope and faith which has brought them into limelight. It was an event that Bongos watch with delight as Tuface mimed some of his songs. They was also a kind of duets done together with Bongos Ikwue that day. I think it was either an Xmas holiday or something like that and Bongos spoke on Tuface exploits and how proud he was to see his bundling talent come to blossom. This is the truth please.

Bongos was in a relationship with Maria, which later became Mariam after she succumbed to pressures from the powers of the military man IBB who saw her in an event and asked her to be brought to him. A tussle that Bongos fought with tears and to which a song by Bongos titled " mariama" was attributed to.

Bongos became a contractor in building and engineering and run an outfit that enjoyed some government contracts during IBB government which was traced to Mariam's benevolence or links however not confirmed, but was alleged to be so. He has thriving hotel "Double K" hotel rated the best in Otukpo town and very well patronized by travellers and visitors. This conversion is great for him and for christiandom.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2017
Lilimax:
Indomitable children will not know him wink
shocked cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ludacris Shares Video Of Davido With Him In The Studio / Husband Material - IK Ogbonna Hints At Being Available Again / Debola Williams And Kehinde's Wedding Introduction Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.