Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,877 members, 7,876,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb (17846 Views)

Poll: Which team will get all 3 points?

Chelsea: 54% (67 votes)
Arsenal: 36% (45 votes)
Neither; they'll draw: 9% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 5th March 2016 / Stoke City Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On 7th November 2015 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 7th February 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by Sauron1: 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
ochukoccna:

Stop speaking like most Nigerians by invoking celestial powers to cover apparent failings.
Let's leave God out of this.
Wenger's team lacks depth.
Ever true GUNNER has been saying this for about 4 years now but what does he do?
Behave as an arrogant French man who's got it figured out yet has not.
Wasn't that[arrogance] what got Amodu the boot or if you believe the NFA, a demotion? For how can a coach who despises the home based players become their coach?
God helps you when you've done your best and leave the rest for Him.
Stop asking God for miracles or better still salvation when you[Wenger] diss him by your very conduct.

Don't be surprised.
Arsenal fans in Nigeria go for intensive fasting and praying for Arsenal to win their games.
They are as deluded as epileptic Nazis. grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by doyin13(m): 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2010
I might be hopelessly quixotic but I still think there is some substance to this
team, a lot of unfulfilled potential.

Wenger just has been a bit of a blockhead. I think he is trying to ape
United's formation with Arshavin playing Rooney's role, something I
don't think suits Arshavin's talents.

That said, some of their players will need to pick it up the rest of the season,
none moreso than Clichy and Sagna. Clichy especially has been quite poor, and
I would rather have Eboue playing for Sagna because of his greater attacking nous.

And please someone tell him to stop playing Walcott on the wing. He should be
tried up the middle.

Oh well. . .Knowing Wenger and his block headed ways, they will be coming out with
the same lineup against Liverpool.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by babafrayo1: 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
As a matter of fact,after going 2ru dis topic yesterday and seeing all gunnaz fans boasting,i know dey don't really mean cuz dey were hyperthensive so i predicted 2 - 0 and it works out. So take hearth all gunnaz fans.Lastly dere is room 4 anyone of u who will like 2 join d moving train. UP CHELSEA BLUES 4 LIFE
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by SamMilla1(m): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
People fail to grasp the meaning of enjoying being a fan.
Its not about winning countless trophies.
Its about winning games like MAN U is doing.

Each  game comes with its own dose of happiness.
Each loss takes something away from you and you cant recover everything you lost by winning a trophy.

Arsenal are beating their Fans in every game and loosing to opponents.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by denzel2009: 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

Don't be surprised.
Arsenal fans in Nigeria go for intensive fasting and praying for Arsenal to win their games.

This guy where do you get all these your terminologies so to speak grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by chamotex(m): 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2010
I feel sorry for Arsenal cry cry
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by ochukoccna: 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2010
presido1:

Honestly i pity those arsenal fan, how they sleep well at nite makes me respect them the more.
Gayners How Market?
Market fine O! cool cool cool
If you need sleeping tablets when your club loses, you really need to get a life knowing this guys will hit the club before  the stadium empties out. Remember Brendtner and his sagging pants last season? grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by Sauron1: 7:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
doyin13:

I might be hopelessly quixotic but I still think there is some substance to this
team, a lot of unfulfilled potential.

Wenger just has been a bit of a blockhead. I think he is trying to ape
United's formation with Arshavin playing Rooney's role, something I
don't think suits Arshavin's talents.

That said, some of their players will need to pick it up the rest of the season,
none moreso than Clichy and Sagna. Clichy especially has been quite poor, and
I would rather have Eboue playing for Sagna because of his greater attacking nous.

And please someone tell him to stop playing Walcott on the wing. He should be
tried up the middle.

Oh well. . .Knowing Wenger and his block headed ways, they will be coming out with
the same lineup against Liverpool.

Every time Wenger musters the effort to close the gap, Chelsea and Man Utd move up another 5 notches.
It has taken Wenger the best part of 6 years to build this team and they appear poorer than they were even last season.
How do you play Arshavin, Walcott and Nasri as a front three for a club as big as Arsenal? It's unexplainable.

Aston Villa have a better attacking threat than Arsenal.
Birmingham/Stoke/Tottenham have better defenders than Arsenal.
The age excuse have been fully expended. . . . .There are no young players any more in Arsenal.

Wenger should resign.
He should raise his hands up and admit the project post-2004 has failed massively.
In that period, Ferguson has won 3 EPL titles + 2 UCL finals. . . . . .

@ Nateevs,

It's time for Andy Gray to analyse.
Letz see what he has to say. grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by lwise(m): 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
up blue

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by bandely(m): 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
Hahahaha! DD!
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
Don't be surprised.
They are as deluded as epileptic Nazis.

As deluded as drunk Frenchies who dream all day about screwing underaged kids
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by ochukoccna: 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
chamotex:

I feel sorry for Arsenal cry cry
Feel sorry for Wenger but that's if he believes he desrves it. Wonder wetin he go talk for press conference?
But that na if e go yarn and not blame referee grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by nateevs(m): 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

@ Nateevs,

It's time for Andy Gray to analyse.
Letz see what he has to say. grin grin grin grin

Watching him mate. . .  grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

Don't be surprised.

Shut the f up and pay your 200pounds.
You of all people should know Arsenal is our foot mat.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by ochukoccna: 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2010
lwise:

up blue
Enjoy it while it lasts grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by doyin13(m): 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

Every time Wenger musters the effort to close the gap, Chelsea and Man Utd move up another 5 notches.
It has taken Wenger the best part of 6 years to build this team and they appear poorer than they were even last season.
How do you play Arshavin, Walcott and Nasri as a front three for a club as big as Arsenal? It's unexplainable.

Aston Villa have a better attacking threat than Arsenal.
Birmingham/Stoke/Tottenham have better defenders than Arsenal.
The age excuse have been fully expended. . . . .There are no young players any more in Arsenal.

Wenger should resign.
He should raise his hands up and admit the project post-2004 has failed massively.
In that period, Ferguson has won 3 EPL titles + 2 UCL finals. . . . . .

Well, Arsenal have spent a lot less than United during this time
yet managed to reach one UCL final too.

I am not holding court for Wenger. He has certainly not helped
his team with his tactics the past few seasons.

But his ability to spot talent is still second to none. Wish I could
say thesame for his inplay abilities.

I think he has a good crop of players. The defence is not the strongest
but I do not think this team is built to be airtight at the back and he should
simply give up fielding a cautious lineup. He should spread the field so their
superior movement would have maximum effect and hope the defence limits
the damage to a manageable level.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by Arewamotor: 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
up blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by miftah: 7:42pm On Feb 07, 2010
It`s Over, father wil always b father no matter wat lipsrsealed, All arsenal fans pls don`t think 2 much sad,it shal continue to b like dis, no solution, stop daring us. embarassed
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by denzel2009: 7:44pm On Feb 07, 2010
Wait and see how Arsenal fans will turn this defeat to how they dont have any debts compared to chelsea and man u, just wait and see  grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by nateevs(m): 7:52pm On Feb 07, 2010
doyin13:

Well, Arsenal have spent a lot less than United during this time
yet managed to reach one UCL final too.

I am not holding court for Wenger. He has certainly not helped
his team with his tactics the past few seasons.

But his ability to spot talent is still second to none. Wish I could
say thesame for his inplay abilities.

I think he has a good crop of players. The defence is not the strongest
but I do not think this team is built to be airtight at the back and he should
simply give up fielding a cautious lineup. He should spread the field so their
superior movement would have maximum effect and hope the defence limits
the damage to a manageable level.

Style of play also is a big factor . . .
While doggedness sometimes pays, other times its wise to understand that there's a fine line between standing for something and obsession with futility.
In spain, Wenger will be manager of the world. . In England however, you have to be a lil' pragmatic; especially when you need the points. .

Arsenal's style is envious . . Why not spot a youngster like Rooney who understands the geometry of the goal post. Shooting form outside the box is not anti football, it's spectacular. Neither is crossing for a header. Incorporate the few extra things and they'll be team that can't be stopped.

Until then. . .
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by nateevs(m): 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2010
@Chac. . .

Are you watching Rooney on last word?
Dude is absolute class. . Can't say enough of that.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by eyoniggar(m): 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
With L-pool on 4th at the table. I wonder what will happen
to arsenal in their next game. The fixtures was a cheat. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by chic2pimp(m): 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
nateevs:

Style of play also is a big factor . . .
While doggedness sometimes pays, other times its wise to understand that there's a fine line between standing for something and obsession with futility.
In spain, Wenger will be manager of the world. . In England however, you have to be a lil' pragmatic; especially when you need the points. .

Arsenal's style is envious . . Why not spot a youngster like Rooney who understands the geometry of the goal post. Shooting form outside the box is not anti football, it's spectacular. Neither is crossing for a header. Incorporate the few extra things and they'll be team that can't be stopped.

Until then. . .
I beg to differ. He would be jobless. 4 years without a trophy woulda seen to that.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by ofokaofoki: 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
nateevs:

Until then. . .

real talk.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by SamMilla1(m): 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
How come some people are still voting, 1 and half hour after the Game ?
Naija people grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2010

Show me any manager in Spain without any trophy in 4 years and kept the job
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by nateevs(m): 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
chic2pimp:

I beg to differ. He would be jobless. 4 years without a trophy woulda seen to that.

dayokanu:

Show me any manager in Spain without any trophy in 4 years and kept the job

Wenger will not go four years without a title in Spain . . No way.
Arsenal's footie takes them to a sure top four spot year in year out in the PL. .
In Spain, they will win the La liga every other year at least.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by SamMilla1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
nateevs:

Arsenal's footie takes them to a sure top four spot year in year out in the PL. .

throw your sentiments away.

wenger can go trophyless even i nigeria with his style of play and his u 17 squad.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by biina: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2010
nateevs:

you are obviously delusional. Arsenal could never win la liga as it is more competitive than the PL and would be struggling for a CL spot. They should be able to win the CdR as most of the other clubs dont care about it.

Besides, that doesnt change the fact the he would have been fired in two seasons without a trophy. EPL tolerates mediocrity.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by bandely(m): 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2010
Sam Milla:

How come some people are still voting, 1 and half hour after the Game ?
Naija people grin grin grin grin grin
hahahahah! grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by cliveland: 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2010
pity, pity, pity!!!!

sentiments has never gotten any results.
sports is played totally, comprehensively, pragmatically.

Wenger hasnt got d stuff champions are made of, however, arsenal are full of deluded minds so wenger will still be coach fifty years from tomorrow.

the best team won!

peace to u all.
Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2010

It is definitely easier to win the EPL than to win any other league.

Mourinho won in his first season what they couldnt win for 50yrs, Ancelotti is on his way to winning, Grant without a license almost won.

Wenger in his 12 years of coaching won one league in France and even Japan combined and he won in his first full season in England.

Juande Ramos from La Liga won a trophy in his first year in EPL, Benitez won a trophy in his first year in EPL

When in EPL you compete with dumbasses like Redknapp, Mark Hughes and Sam Alardyce

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Real Madrid Leads Early Power Rankings Of The European Super League / Borussia Dortmund Vs Barcelona (UCL) (0 - 0) On 17th September 2019 / Arsenal Vs Brighton And Hove Albion (1 - 1) On 5th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.