Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,243 members, 7,950,320 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Just In!! President Fires, "I Do Not Need Nigeria, It Is Nigeria That Needs Me" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In!! President Fires, "I Do Not Need Nigeria, It Is Nigeria That Needs Me" (1029 Views)

Video : Just In : President Buhari Arrived Abuja From Japan / "Atiku Does Not Need Nigeria’s Money" - Titi Atiku Abubakar / Flashback: Nigeria Does Not Need 72-Yr-Old Grandfather As President – Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In!! President Fires, "I Do Not Need Nigeria, It Is Nigeria That Needs Me" by Destined2win: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2017
Nigeria as an entity never existed as a people; the name was coined by Flora Shaw and the geographical location was created by Lord Lugard.

I am trying to point out something from the above statement. Nigeria is no one but you and me. It is an expression of someone's core values and beliefs. We all can wake up tomorrow and say, "we don't want this country to be called Nigeria any longer, let's rename it to ESA, Emergent States Of Africa". With agreement, it will be called that and everybody will bear that identity and be proud of it.

We make up everything that this nation stands for, both the good and the bad. So when someone says, Nigeria is bad, the person is actually referring to you and when the person says Nigeria is good, you take the credit because that is your identity.

In every sense of the word, you are responsible for every thing around right here not "Nigeria". We have to start living with the reality that "Nigeria" needs us and not the other way round. If every citizen can decide to put in something beneficial, we can decide to change the name and stand even stronger. This is inversely saying that the destiny of this nation lies in our hands and we can make or mar it. The citizens are the faces on which the make-up will be applied.

Most importantly, I stand as an avenue through which desirable changes and things that constitute a beautiful nation can be channeled. I have the mindset that Nigeria or whatever name we choose to call it later can be redeemed. It can be made whole once again : it can be made to reflect the tenets of democracy, equity, justice and fairness.

The ball is in your court, you can decide that you want those changes. Join hands to confirm my being President and I am willing to stake all to ensure that you are proud of your identity; a nation you can call your own.

Pray for my Presidency!
Re: Just In!! President Fires, "I Do Not Need Nigeria, It Is Nigeria That Needs Me" by senatorizyking(m): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2017
The newest president of the Zoo ! Best of luck to your new Muslim country because we have already gotten ours.
Re: Just In!! President Fires, "I Do Not Need Nigeria, It Is Nigeria That Needs Me" by Destined2win: 9:28am On Jul 21, 2017
senatorizyking:
The newest president of the Zoo !
Best of luck to your new Muslim country because we have already gotten ours.
You never can tell so. My nation will be something to die for.
Re: Just In!! President Fires, "I Do Not Need Nigeria, It Is Nigeria That Needs Me" by DOUBLEWAHALA: 10:48am On Jul 21, 2017
how can u serve us white rice without STEW

Na hold up mynd44 dey him dey come
Re: Just In!! President Fires, "I Do Not Need Nigeria, It Is Nigeria That Needs Me" by Destined2win: 11:15am On Jul 21, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
how can u serve us white rice without STEW

Na hold up myn.d44 dey him dey come

Don't mention him here please. Let him not touch my threads unless he's an enemy of the state

(1) (Reply)

Vote For Donald Duke For President 2019 / No Buhari, No 2019 Elections Nationwide – APC Declares To Nigerians In The South / See What A Lady Posted About Buhari's Aide Ogundamisi & Nnamdi Kanu(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.