Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,145 members, 7,970,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:58 AM

Anambra Elections: Live Updates - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Elections: Live Updates (8978 Views)

Results Of Benue-South Senatorial Re-run Elections : Live Updates By BenueNews / #BenueSouthDecides: Benue-South Senatorial Re-run Elections – LIVE UPDATES / Kogi Gubernatorial Elections – Live Updates #KogiDecides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by aloyemeka2: 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2010
Bolarge:

I'm of the opinion two major things worked synergistically to make for what we saw happen over the weekend in these polls:

-The big boys (PDP dominated) in Abuja decided to let this one slide to avoid further heating up of the already volatile polity a la the ailing President/VP hand over issues.

It is this type of reasoning that make us stay cowards in our motherland. The power belongs to the people and in case you don't know, those PDP big boys[sic] are more afraid of you than you are of them. Vice can never overrun virtue unless the people allow it.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by nduchucks: 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
Soludo should now have time to prepare for the criminal charges that will be filed against him shortly. He forgot to completely cleanup his mess at the CBN and his anticipated immunity as a governor will no longer be available. Its time to lawyer up, Mallam Soludo, or to escape to London.

I have a newfound respect for Ojukwu at this point. The man is indeed, Ndiigbo's Mandela. While I disagree with his civil war stance, the man is indeed a true Nigerian hero.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Bolarge(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2010
aloy-emeka:

It is this type of reasoning that make us stay cowards in our motherland. The power belongs to the people and in case you don't know, those PDP big boys[sic] are more afraid of you than you are of them. Vice can never overrun virtue unless the people allow it.
I won't trade words with you over this, we're both entitled to our individual opinions.
I take it the Ekiti people didn't do enough to defend their votes when they were brazenly robbed by the PDP.
Multiply that several times all over the states of the federation.
I stand by my statement anyway.
Have a nice day.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Onlytruth(m): 4:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
hollandis:

ENEMY OF PROGESS

You are the enemy of progress because you do not respect the wishes of Anambra voters. Shame on you. Did you not see the huge celebrations all over the state? Whom did you see protest the result in the streets?
Take note that the days of brigandage have finally ended in Anambra state, and hopefully other states will rise to do the same and free Nigeria.

The days of the locusts are over. Live with it!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Onlytruth(m): 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Soludo should now have time to prepare for the criminal charges that will be filed against him shortly. He forgot to completely cleanup his mess at the CBN and his anticipated immunity as a governor will no longer be available. Its time to lawyer up, Mallam Soludo, or to escape to London.

I have a newfound respect for Ojukwu at this point. The man is indeed, Ndiigbo's Mandela. While I disagree with his civil war stance, the man is indeed a true Nigerian hero.

Good morning my friend ndu_chucks!

Thanks all the same.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Onlytruth(m): 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2010
Bolarge:

I'm of the opinion two major things worked synergistically to make for what we saw happen over the weekend in these polls:

-The big boys (PDP dominated) in Abuja decided to let this one slide to avoid further heating up of the already volatile polity a la the ailing President/VP hand over issues.

-INEC/ Iwu had to play along with this to appease an already disgruntled and thoroughly but justifiably cynical electorate so we can give them the "benefit of doubt" and be less contemptuous of them and the colossal fraud they are.

Trust me they are ready to reveal their true colors and not only bare their fangs but tear all opposition to pieces come 2011 when the real thing's at stake.

Congratulations Peter Obi. The voice of the people prevailed.

@Bolarge

I see your point, but the point Alloy-Emeka was trying to make is that if the people of Anambra state (led by Ojukwu of course) were not determined (through mass mobilization and real threats), this election could still have been rigged. They (Andy Uba, Chris Uba and some PDP thugs) planned to rig it, but the intelligence report given to the IG before the polls showed that a war could have sparked off this election. That scared the powers that be into doing the right thing. I am sure that Jonathan and Onovo would not have allowed Anambra to burn down or spark a war. So, they acted to allow peoples voices.

You would notice that only about 10% of voters actually voted. The reason is that the riggers had stolen some voters registers with the aim of snatching ballot boxes and filling out fictitious ballots. It did not happen that way because the police stood in their way.
All key players in this election -VP, IG and INEC boss would not let Anambra go up in flames. So, they did their jobs.

Anambra people have shown that with dogged opposition to oppression and subjugation, you can make a head way. I hope other states copy this and make it a national movement for change.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Eziachi: 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2010
olafolarin:

The election was neither free nor fair.Or how do you explain à Situation where there are 1.8 Million registered voters and only 300,000 People voted.more than 500,000 eligible voters were disenfrachised because they couldnt find their Names in voters Register.THAT IS NOT FAIR,

But One Thing which is Good sign is that there was nö violence and Peter Obi won based on majority of the Counted votes.
PDP was denied the Opportunity to rig and Rob votes hereby allowing the electorate to choose their governor.
This was made possible because of OBJ and Yar'Adua's absence.Otherwise Anambra will have been turned into another Ekiti.

So how did the likes of Ngige and Ekwunife plus others managed to vote when their names weren't found inside the voters register?  Isn't that suppose to be against the rule?  From first hand report I got from my family members based in Onitsha for instance, most of them were finally allowed to vote when their name wasn't found once they were seen to possess an authentic voters card for that booth and this what happened across the states.
Many people could not find their name was mainly due to incompetence of INEC not because it was hidden so as to favour a particular candidate as obtained in the past election (selections). The result tallies for all the candidates showed at least that those that voted, their voted counted and determined the winner. And it was genuine vote cast and not the usual fictional votes in their millions.
Unlike before, if such a thing happened, you still found  INEC  annoucing huge figures and a candidate winning a landslide with millions of votes while opponent gets few hundreds. There is no reason to believe that if every single person voted, that Obi will not still win or the losers will not still lose because those that did not vote must be inclusive of Obi’s supporters too.
The election was free but not very fair, just like in Florida between Al Gore and Bush where many were difranchised but that did not mean that those that voted should be counted or it is possible for Al Gore to prove that those unable to vote were solely his supporters only. And that is what the U.S supreme court decided.
Those who based their argument on  the 1.8 million registered voters as against 300 thousands that voted, should think again. This millions are fictional/ non existing people, INEC and PDP normally use before to rig elections. When you consider that INEC and Andy Uba told us that their robbery 2007, that he (Andy Uba)  got more votes  than all the candidates on Saturday got put together. So where was all the hundreds of thousands that  Andy Uba/INEC claimed voted for him in 2007 on Saturday? Are they all dead? that Andy just managed to get 26 thousand votes only.
Minus the voters register issue on saturday, I am sure the total vote would have been in the region of 400-450k at least. Forget the millions of votes we were usually told.
Take a look at the number in Etsako re-run in Edo, how small the number of voters were compare to the figure in 2007, even when no election took place at all. But on Saturday in Anambra, no one will say that no election took place.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by RoadStar: 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2010
ndu_chucks:

May EFCC arrest Soludo for stealing all Nigerias money while at CBN.
He is the Nigerias biggest theif, even bigger than IBB, Obasanjo ,Ibori ,Orji Uzor kalu and Igbenedion.

Thank God for Sanusi for Delivering our banking sector and economy as a whole from Soludo's ineptitude.
Now we are experiencing huge growth in both the banking sector and the economy like never before.

Nigerians are very lucky that the likes of Soludo did not make it into government .
By the special grace of God, Dora will never make it as well.

Our nation will be continiously blessed with the likes of Obj and Yar'adua in abundance.
Our Economy will grow and our banking/finacial sector will continue to wax stronger under Sanusi.

Obi will be the next Igbo president and will revolutionalise Nigeria the same way he's done for Anambra.
Then Nigerians will be sooooo happy to re-elect him.

All NLders should join me in saying a big AMEN!
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by chosen04(f): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2010
ndu_chucks:

The mouth that once spoke evil now speaking good?

It pays to see the light at the end of every every.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by metalgong5(m): 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
ndu_chucks:

You are not alone in above highlighted lines. As time passes by, more of Ojukwu traducers will see reason to appreciate the past and present actions of the man.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by RoadStar: 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
metal-gong:

You are not alone in above highlighted lines. As time passes by, more of Ojukwu traducers will see reason to appreciate the past and present actions of the man.

Why din't he open his mouth when of Chris Uba were running the show.
He was silent throughout the saga !
Coward !
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by metalgong5(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2010
Andy Uba visits peter Obi and congratulates him. Thats what we call Anambra politics!!

See Link
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KeUrOc0Tg"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KeUrOc0Tg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Onlytruth(m): 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2010
RoadStar:

Why din't he open his mouth when of Chris Uba were running the show.
He was silent throughout the saga !
Coward !

Obviously you are deluded because if Ojukwu gives the word, the Uba brothers will leave IGBOLAND, but what use is that? We are not like your people who kill themselves for politics.

The Ubas are local players. The Ikemba is a national player. You don't have to take my words for it. It is self evident.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by KnowAll(m): 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2010
This election happened at a time the PDP led FG cannot afford to fight a war in 2 front, what am I saying, in fact a war in 10 fronts, this is the best time to have election in Nigeria, because those in power are as clueless as those they are ruling.

They log on on to their computers every morning to catch up on the latest scoop. It would susprise some of you that u are more knowledgable than those in the corridors of power.

All the same it was a good day for anambra and opposition party.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by sjeezy8: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I agree small small lol

Bolarge:

I won't trade words with you over this, we're both entitled to our individual opinions.
[b]I take it the Ekiti people didn't do enough to defend their votes when they were brazenly robbed by the PDP.[/b]Multiply that several times all over the states of the federation.
I stand by my statement anyway.
Have a nice day.

I wouldnt say that because PDP cant gain any votes in SW without there being a war. So obviously not everyone is inline with PDP.

But the SW of Nigeria is being hoodwinked -who is like Ojukwu or Sultan of sokoto in the SW, that will say have a peaceful election and everyone listen? No one . . .
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Abagworo(m): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2010
Imao the election is nothing to write home about.250,000 people cannot elect a governor for a state of 4.5 million.
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Jairzinho(m): 6:25am On Feb 11, 2010
kobojunky:

This is the real KOBOJUNKY.

Who else is using my name?

Tell me, make I bazooka the person head.
You're certainly not our very own kobojunkie. . . s/he post really long epistles,with refined grammar & hardly any swear words tongue
Re: Anambra Elections: Live Updates by Bokoharam: 5:47am On Feb 18, 2010
Quote from: Bokoharam on February 07, 2010, 06:35 PM

@Roadstar,
U have stepped on d tail of a cobra.
He who uses his head to disperse the resting bees shld not complain of being stung! hahaha

RoadStar « #134 on: February 07, 2010, 07:31 PM »

What cobra ?
Better keep your comments sane, especially when you've got nothing on me.
By being on this thread, I know more about you than you know about me.

MrCrackles (m) « #135 on: February 07, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Get fu/cking lost. . .Empty threats dont work around here!!!

@Roadstar/MrCrackles
“Stepping on d tail of a cobra” is popular Nollywood slang. I thought u re a Nigerian? Probably u don’t watch Pete Edochie & KOK on Africamagic. U also saw "hahaha" after that statement, meaning lol.

I advise, while u fight, add a little sense of humour.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) / Adegboruwa Drags Buhari,Others To Court Over Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN / Adebayo Shittu: I’m Not Ready To Allow My Defamers Smile By Resigning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.