Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,230 members, 7,880,872 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:27 AM

Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons (587 Views)

Ijaws Blame Outsiders For Agitations To Cause Disturbance In Edo State / Peter Obi Blames Agitations On Poverty, Hunger / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by kayjasper(f): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
This should be my first post on Biafra agitation and my opinion about it.

We need to be very careful how we go about agitations, we must resist the temptation to believe that all agitations have altruistic motives, most are largely opportunistic agitations fuelled by some politicians and most times the West .

A low life, idling away in the UK not doing much with his life is making incendiary and hate speeches and aggressively fanning the embers of war in Nigeria. Maazi Nnamdi kanu is present in Nigeria trying to cause pandemonium and confusion in the land. While I acknowledge the right to self determination as enshrined in the UN Charter, I condemn acts capable of breaching public peace. We have witnessed internecine wars in Ile-Ife/Modakeke and Aguleri/Umuleri and the horrendous spectacle it left behind.The sad thing about wars is that even when the war ends,it doesn't really end.

Let me make this abundantly clear, WAR is big business and this explains why there is conflict in many parts of the world. How do you think the large defense contractors like Lockheed Martin, EADS etc ,make money. We must come to the realisation that without wars, some companies would fold up, they sponsor wars so their businesses can thrive.

Nigeria is a MINE, a land filled with milk and honey with limitless but aborted opportunities.The West has always found a way to penetrate countries like ours and cart away our minerals.There is a link between countries with resources and wars and I would give some examples, there was a coup in Iran in 1953 (Mohammed Mosaddeq) over the control over Iran's oil. DRC has not known peace for a long time becuase of the presence of minerals like Tantalum, Tungsten and Gold, Patrice Lumumba was assasinated to pave way for a more malleable person and a stooge of the West to assume power. History tells me that the West suported the mineral rich Katanga province to secede from Congo,Lumumba asked for help from the United Nations , he was rebuffed and then he went to the Soviets, that was when all hell broke out.
Anytime you hear about a coup or war In Africa, please look beyond your nose and be quick to link it with foreign powers who want something of importance-something that they will kill for. Darfur crisis was about Oil, Libya was about Oil and some other things...
To assume some elements are not being sponsored by foreign powers to achieve their sinister aims is to risk the dangers of neo-colonialism. If Nnamdi Kanu is sincere with himself, he should stop the hate speeches, he should talk like a freedom fighter who genuinely wants to liberate his people, he should form a political party and have representation in the Senate where he can intellectually present his case for a possible referendum or a plebiscite to secede from Nigeria.

To fix Nigeria,we need to look beyond the smokescreen and stop playing the tribalism card, we must necessarily and intelligently harness our potentials and stop the ridiculous clowning around going on now.

Culled (with permission) from the Facebook Page of Olumide Lumzy Oladosu

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by kayjasper(f): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by Brooklynsouth(f): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
g
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
kayjasper:
Lalasticlala
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by eniwhy: 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
If you are being checked properly you must be a very selfish creature! First of all, why do people always talk about war or revolution if we are to disintegrate in Nigeria? Can't there be a referendum or dialogue? We call ourselves one Nigeria with three major tribes and one of this tribes has been marginalized for very long time such as depriving of presidency. I consider that as act of self centered. In addition, we always say east people are rebels to Nigeria why do we keep them and subjecting them to frustration to govern their motherland. Nigeria need to divide! What have we achieved since One Nigeria? 57 years of unity in our country brought nothing but embezzlement, misappropriation of public fund which has undermined our infrastructural development. People are really starving in this country. Our educational system is being disorganized and this so call Leader usually send their children to school in overseas. I salute Mr KANU the leader of Biafra I believe his agitation will yield positive result in the long run due to no human has ability to imagine what will never take place or cause argument within us. Sorry for grammatical error. By Oracle of Mainland

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by thunderfirebubu: 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
buhari's smelly armpit fall on all dis afonjas

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by iLoveConductor: 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
thunderfirebubu:
buhari's smelly armpit fall on all dis afonjas
No. Ekiti Christians are good people.

Just say Buhari's hairy balls fall and kill Osobo muslims and Obomoso pagans cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by attackgat: 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu has not done anything to breach public peace. What he is calling for is referendum so that people can decide what the want. It is only 'one Nigeria' apologist who talk about what.

Did Czecholovakia have to go to war to break up? Did USSR have to go to war to break up?

Did Scotland have to go to war to get a referendum in 2014?

Did Britain have to go to war to leave the European Union?

The people who dont want peace are those who say "Nigeria must be together by force"

Why? Why must Nigeria be together? Why must a colonial contraption created in 1914 be held together by force of arms?

As long as people are held against their will, there can never be peace

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by rxgodwin(m): 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
If only my people would harken to the voice of reason.

Gragra no dey pay
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And His Agitations... Pros And Cons by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
How does referendum translates to war? Somebody should make me understand...Which war?
Kanu has never mentioned any war..I've watched almost all his interviews and I've never heard war, so where is this war coming from?

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Calls Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, Over Death Of Mum / Deal With Kogi Police Commisioner To Gain Trust, Facebook User Blasts NPF / Presidency Release N200m Was Released For Pro-buhari Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.