Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,840 members, 7,933,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 08:19 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (720876 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Tinder: 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
jbonito:

You definitely can't back out of the interview because of the passport, so just go ahead and attend your interview. I believe passports are only renewed from 6 months to its expiry, which means you have not done much wrong to still have that passport at the moment. After your interview, the embassy will keep your passport for sure.

You will most likely have to get a fresh passport in Germany if all goes well ( hopefully it does ).

PS: I'm sure you will be wishing you had gotten a new passport before now, but don't dwell on it !! Just have a great interview and leave the rest to God!!

Thank you very much by God's grace i will be Germany this year.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by taiwo92(m): 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
@ lextronggroup I just pm u. pls.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Tinder:
Please everyone, my passport will be expiring on January 2018 but i have used it to open fintiba blocked account and booked interview. i need advise. Can i still go ahead with the interview and after the interview i apply for new passport and join both passports together? Please a quick reply regarding this my situation will be highy appreciated.

cc honourableseyi

Go get a new one, wen u get to ur interview, explain to dem, whatever u go to d interview with is what dey will use. Ur booking doc is formality. Meanwhile, go with both old and new for clarification
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
haidar1985:

hello
I want to apply for german student visa, and my wife wants to accompany me, when i open blocked account, is one account enough in finitiba? putting the amount multiply by two for two persons?

U need about an extra 5k but that will be or might limit ur chances. Cos she might be a strong reason why u must return.

I'd advise, cross and apply for family re-union.

Others can add.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:
better go and get a new passport before your interview date. You need a passport that has at least two yrs validity for a student visa

Not totally correct sire.

3- 6 months validity is required. but better u go with new one.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
coldsummer:
Got my German tourist visa today after my interview last week Monday

Light flashed and I was ushered in:

Me: good morning sir
VO: morning. Can I have your documents please.
Me: yea, sure

I passed the documents over to him. He was typing.

VO: please pick up the speaker so I could hear you properly.
Me: Ok thanks. ( I reached for the speaker)
VO: where in Germany are you coming to?
Me: Hamburg.
VO: why are you coming to Germany?
Me: I have a two weeks leave and I'd like to visit Germany and see the life and culture there.
VO: what do you do?
Me: I do xxxxx with company xxxxx and I also do xxxxx on the side. That explains the other income reflected on my statement.

He kept typing for a long time.

VO: Please give me the visa fee.
Me: yes sir. ( Handed it to him he counted)

He continues to type!!! (Wetin this pikin dey type so? Hope no be say oh I don pay biko deny him O. Heheheh)

VO: (turns to me) have I given you your receipt for the visa fee?
Me: not yet sir.

He passed it to me.

VO: please give me your prepaid envelope.
Me: ok here.
VO: we will return your passport within 14 days.
me: thank you very much. Have a great day.
VO: you too.

Congratulations bro.

Na so interview suppose be, no be like say person dey answer question like say him wan be UN secretary.

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
Tinder:

My interview is this Monday 7th, please will this be an issue because now i have no option and also will the embassy keep my passport after the interview?

Oga, u get ur passport same day. Go get it.

It's not a single issue. Stop been afraid.

D embassy dnt keep ur original doc. Dey ask u for it wen ur visa is confirmed.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bizza009(m): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please o make una help me,is it compulsory that i attach my old expired international passport to the new one during my interview? Although I didn't travel to any country with the old one before it expired...Please advice ��
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
bizza009:
Please o make una help me,is it compulsory that i attach my old expired international passport to the new one during my interview? Although I didn't travel to any country with the old one before it expired...Please advice ��

Yes. To be on a safer side.

Just go with the 2.......Make sure you sellotape the last page of the Old one and the First Page of the New One together so you wont misplace/loose it.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Mrbigman1(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
bizza009:

Did u book with d old one?

If no, pls keep aside.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jornie(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Festaco:
Good day house, I have gotten an admission for masters in University of Rostock Germany and also have been scheduled for an appointment next week at the German Embassy. Please I need your help as to the type of questions being asked. I live in UAE and applied from here too. Please any useful suggestion and directives will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
What course please ?
When was your admission letter sent?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jornie(m): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
tutipsy:
I just got my Deutche Bank account today, Glory be to God after 2 weeks, I was actually thinking the account wont be opened due to signature issues i faced at the embassy because the one on my passport is different, the very nice man at the embassy helped me out and he didnt even chase me. Now it is money and preparation for the interview na him remain.

Congrats
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by UncleJudax(m): 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Tinder:

Thank you very much by God's grace i will be Germany this year.
Your passport is already into the last 6 months, so you can get a new passport after your interview and send same for visa stamping. You may have to inform the Consulate though.
This was exactly what I did and there was no drama.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by UncleJudax(m): 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
bizza009:
The new passport is enough.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bizza009(m): 11:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
neccki:

Yes. To be on a safer side.

Just go with the 2.......Make sure you sellotape the last page of the Old one and the First Page of the New One together so you wont misplace/loose it.

Thanks for your response bro,but others are advising that i keep it aside,pls someone who has done something similar should throw more light abeg.Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bizza009(m): 12:01am On Aug 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Did u book with d old one?

If no, pls keep aside.

I booked with the new one bro,jst that i ve seen people attach several passport together,i'm a bit confused if it's necessary since I didn't use the old one at all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Damayor12(m): 1:25am On Aug 03, 2017
tomshare16:
Anybody going to DEGGENDORF Hochschule ?
My admission just came tru.. Medical and Health Tourism and Medical Informatics

Applied, same course, I haven't gotten mail yet. undecided
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by crystal843: 1:47am On Aug 03, 2017
OBE69:

Yes sir...but no visa appointment, i want to know how to go about it.

I also applied to TUM Environmental Engineering but no admission yet

Pls what date did you apply and after how many weeks or months were u given admission and did u do any interview or test
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by crystal843: 1:58am On Aug 03, 2017
OBE69:

Yes sir...but no visa appointment, i want to know how to go about it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by crystal843: 2:03am On Aug 03, 2017
tutipsy:
YES I HAVE BOOKED MY INTERVIEW SINCE 2 WEEKS AGO
Pls what day exactly did u book for visa interview pls can u chk the date u sent the email cos I booked 2weeks ago and told it was fully booked
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by heybaby12(f): 3:35am On Aug 03, 2017
bizza009:
Please o make una help me,is it compulsory that i attach my old expired international passport to the new one during my interview? Although I didn't travel to any country with the old one before it expired...Please advice �l�

You have no travel history in it / did not make any documentation with it.?
Then Pls drop it. And Pls always make use of rubber band to attach both passport.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Tinder: 4:02am On Aug 03, 2017
UncleJudax:

Your passport is already into the last 6 months, so you can get a new passport after your interview and send same for visa stamping. You may have to inform the Consulate though.
This was exactly what I did and there was no drama.

Good luck

Big thanks to everyone who replied my questions. I will sure inform the consulate but the other guy said they will collect and keep my passport after the interview and another guy said they won't keep my passport but will only request my passport for visa stamping after i succeed with my interview.

Please to those who got their Student visas, after the interview do the consulate keep your passport or they give it back to you? Please i need answers from people that have gotten their visas.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 4:24am On Aug 03, 2017
Tinder:

Big thanks to everyone who replied my questions. I will sure inform the consulate but the other guy said they will collect and keep my passport after the interview and another guy said they won't keep my passport but will only request my passport for visa stamping after i succeed with my interview.

Please to those who got their Student visas, after the interview do the consulate keep your passport or they give it back to you? Please i need answers from people that have gotten their visas.

@Tinder.
No need to worry.
Usually they return it back to you after the interview. But there is nothing to worry about should they hold it back. My friend's was also held for

about 7 weeks last year. He was all worried about it too but he got it later.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 4:28am On Aug 03, 2017
bizza009:

Thanks for your response bro,but others are advising that i keep it aside,pls someone who has done something similar should throw more light abeg.Thanks

Yes.
Because you didn't apply with the Old One & besides you have no travelling history on it. If you had said you booked with the new one

earlier, you would have gotten the same reply.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Olanrewaju92(m): 4:47am On Aug 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

[b]To process ur visa, embassy collects all ur original documents EXCEPT ur passport which they would request when u hv been granted. Just try get a new international passport, that [/b]shouldn't be an issue
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Olanrewaju92(m): 4:48am On Aug 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

[b]To process ur visa, embassy collects all ur original documents EXCEPT ur passport which they would request when u hv been granted. [/b]Just try get a new international passport, that [/b]shouldn't be an issue
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Olanrewaju92(m): 4:49am On Aug 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

[b]
To process ur visa, embassy collects all ur original documents EXCEPT ur passport which they would request when u hv been granted. [/b]Just try get a new international passport, that shouldn't be an issue
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Olanrewaju92(m): 4:50am On Aug 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

To process ur visa, embassy collects all ur original documents EXCEPT ur passport which they would request when u hv been granted. [/b]Just try get a new international passport, that shouldn't be an issue
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Olanrewaju92(m): 4:52am On Aug 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:

To process ur visa, embassy collects all ur original documents EXCEPT ur passport which they would request when u hv been granted. Just try get a new international passport, that shouldn't be an issue
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by henriq2: 5:56am On Aug 03, 2017
Hallo leute,

Is there any body here that is or will be going to Technische Hochshule Ingolstadt.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lextronggroup: 6:31am On Aug 03, 2017
We are in the same shoe and the same department
crystal843:

I also applied to TUM Environmental Engineering but no admission yet

Pls what date did you apply and after how many weeks or months were u given admission and did u do any interview or test

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.