Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,514 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:55 AM

Graduation Galore In The UK For Nigerian Elite Kids. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Graduation Galore In The UK For Nigerian Elite Kids. (594 Views)

Coronavirus Symptoms: Mamman Daura Flown To UK For Treatment - Sahara Reporters / Osinbajo: Nigerian Elite Influence Appointments Of Judges / U.S., Europe may stop giving visa to Nigerian elite, politicians from tomorrow, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Graduation Galore In The UK For Nigerian Elite Kids. by Trustisaburden: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
It's a summer of graduation in the UK and other overseas schools for the kids of the Nigerian elites.
They preach to us religious education, they preach to us to "buy Nigerian to grow the Naira and her economy", yet they look at overseas in their quest to give their children "the best education", to continue Lording over us and continue plundering our common wealth. Wehdone sirs!

Ours is to watch-on and sadly recall the Nigerian certificates we suffered to get. We sat for Jamb multiple times, we were even asked to sit for post-UME. After gaining admissions, which we must testify for (After all, it wasn't easy), we were subjected to years of strikes and uncomfortable learning atmospheres. No light, no water, hostels are dilapidated and you may even have to "sort" your lecturers for the grades after buying hand-outs. What a wicked country! what a wicked elites!

Now tell me why I shouldn't admire Fayose who's son schooled in Covenant university? tell me why I shouldn't choose Kwankwaso who ensured many poor Kano indegenes were selected to study abroad during his tenure as Kano state governor?? Yet both of them are called "rascals". Oga, both men are the kind of radicals Nigeria need now as a country.

One day, we will surely rise up and fight for our collective will. One generation will surely do it, even if it's not this one.

Please note that this is not a campaign note for anyone mentioned here in this article. I'm just a disturbed Nigerian.

SOLOMON

Re: Graduation Galore In The UK For Nigerian Elite Kids. by davidodiba(m): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
So sad not because the kids are graduates but because of the fathers'hypocrisy. sad

1 Like

Re: Graduation Galore In The UK For Nigerian Elite Kids. by Sunofgod(m): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Who Choose To Live In The North Choose To Be Sacrificial Lambs - Kanu / This Is An Interesting Article You Have To Read Who Is The Coward? / Osun Governance 2018 "Mallam Olawale Rasheed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.