Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer (576 Views)

Southwest Muslims Reject Invitation To Meet Jonathan / BREAKING! South West Muslims Reject Jonathan’s Dollars, Cancel Proposed Meeting / Al-Qaeda Suspect Lawal Babafemi To Be Extradited To The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by newmaster(m): 6:20am On Feb 07, 2010
Muslims reject Al-Qaeda offer

By Ifedayo Adebayo

February 7, 2010 12:36AM
print email

Nigerian Muslims reject any attempt by Al-Qaeda or any of its affiliate groups to procreate their cells in Nigeria like it has done in some other countries, the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) said in Abuja at the weekend.

The council, through a statement signed by the Secretary-General of the group, Lateef Adegbite, said Nigerian Muslims are not at loggerheads with their Christian counterparts and that “the recent unfortunate bloody Jos disturbances, like others before it, were not caused by religious differences but were rooted in ethnic and political rivalry.

“Neither Al-Qaeda nor the Taliban has a foothold in Nigeria. Nor would Nigerian Muslims welcome any attempts by them to establish their cells here,” the council said.

The council said the Nigerian Muslim leadership had briefed its followers, especially the youth, on the need to be alert and avoid persons and groups who might want to indoctrinate and recruit them into violent groups.

“Nigerian Muslims are irrevocably committed to the unity, peace and stability of our beloved country.” The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) also dissociated the Muslim community in Nigeria from the message from Al-Qaeda, saying that “neighbourliness is one of the core teachings of Islam. We cannot rise against our neighbours simply because we hold different religious views.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5522938-146/story.csp
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by naijaway(m): 8:06am On Feb 07, 2010
I hope. Good development tho. I also hope they begin to envision positioning themselves to be the leaders of muslim religion amongst their peers in other countries. Without sharia, violence, and power grab scheme just to oppress.
Note: Nigeria is not equal to muslims. Nigeria has a variety of religions. More than 85% religious tolerance in the southern sections.
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by snowdrops(m): 8:11am On Feb 07, 2010
Nigerian muslims 1 Al qaeda 0
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by EzeUche(m): 8:14am On Feb 07, 2010
Of course the Yoruba Muslims are saying this. They are the moderate ones. This request was targeted atnorthern Muslims.

These Pseudo-Yoruba Muslims are a different breed. That do not kill in the name of religion.
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by jimmysho(m): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
adegbite is speaking for his own pple not the whole muslim faithfuls in naija. the hausas will not listen at this material time. even if the listen they will do what is in their mind which is kill the kafiri and ge4t to aljona with 70 virgins
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by edoyad(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2010
I am glad you people are beginning to understand this things.
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by jimmysho(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2010
edoyad,
ya yamutumin. ina ni kana zama a kaduna?
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by edoyad(m): 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
I'm not too good with hausa language mr jimmysho but i take it you are asking what part of kaduna i'm from ?
Well i'm from southern kaduna and of jaba extraction.
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by jimmysho(m): 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
ok. am a yorubaman living in barnawa. now i see the rational behind ur positions on national issues especially as it concern the settlers and the really owners of the land. i sincere commend ur effort so far. keep doin the best u can to educate those that need tutorials on northern politics
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by edoyad(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2010
If you live in barnawa which is across the bridge then you have no worries my friend, barnawa is in the half of kaduna town owned by my people. Enjoy yourself and sleep not fearing an attack from mindless scoundrels.
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by slap1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
"Islam does not support violence. . .Bla bla bla" na today we begin hear dis kain tori?
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by OYBMEND: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
Obviously nobody expected them to accept the offer on a National Newspaper or on TV

But the offer will be sent in through money routed by Howalla to a clerics account in Northen Nigeria from Saudi.

We will only get to know who has accepted when a bomb goes off.

Police should just be on the watch out.
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by MrCrackles(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
To the deepest part of hell fire with Al Qaeda. . . angry
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by Cyberfreak(f): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2010
keep doin the best you can to educate those that need tutorials on nothern politics.
No be only. edoyad is just another biased christian that will not bring it to light that the crises in the north are politically and not religiously motivated.
Not to mention an a*** kisser of the U.S.
Re: Nigeria=muslims Reject Al-qaeda Offer by edoyad(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2010
And cyberfreak is nothing but a glorified almajiri whose family probably feed off the backs of the ignorant bunch they exploit.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo To Spend N1b On Rural Projects / Now That We Have A President: / All These Things Aondoakaa Had Tied,jonathan Must Untie!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.