Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,813 members, 7,889,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:39 PM

Was Jesus Christ Crucified? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Christ Crucified? (8178 Views)

Was Christ Crucified? / DEBATE: Swere Josh Mcdowell And Ahmed Deedat, TOPIC: Was Christ Crucified? / Was Jesus Christ Crucified On A Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by TellyB(m): 3:17pm On May 23, 2007
Lol. I think the alfa is cooling off. Should we say he's in repentance? I don't know; but when he comes back, we dey kampe! grin cool
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by nancyekpoh(f): 5:29pm On May 23, 2007
yes he was crucified.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Horus(m): 8:05pm On May 24, 2007
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by thesilent1(m): 8:19pm On May 24, 2007
and once again we see that hanging and crucifixion are the same thing undecided
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by TellyB(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2007
Jesus was crucified, and I'm thankful for that. More than the Crucifixion, He is alive - and I'm doubly grateful for that. smiley
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Horus(m): 11:11pm On May 24, 2007
Is The Crucifixion Made Up?.Yes, the crucifixion is a fabrication of the story of another crucifixion. It’s the story of King David who himself was a Messiah. Even though he was crucified he did not die on the cross. So, the crucifixion story was not of Jesus it was taken from the Psalms of David. If you go back to the Book of Psalm 22:1,16; 71:18,20-22 and compare these quotes to the accounts of the so called crucifixion in Mark 15:34 and Matthew 27:46, you will see the similarities and see where the Christians got the crucifixion story from. What is really sad is that people are walking around believing in this book (the bible) whole-heartedly
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by TellyB(m): 11:18pm On May 24, 2007
Horus:

What is really sad is that people are walking around believing in this book (the bible) whole-heartedly

The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ? Yes, I believe it wholehearted!! smiley
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by thesilent1(m): 9:05am On May 25, 2007
@ Horus,

i am just going to come out and say it. none of your posts EVER have any kind of balance, truth, respect or understanding in them at all.

you simply repeat everything you have been told. you have never proved any of your accusations. you have no knowledge of what you talk about.

take KAG for example; someone who does NOT agree with my belief system but is able to bring her side of the story to the table without sounding like a fool. yes, that is what you sound like horus and its just embarassing reading your posts.

the similarities you see what you have wrongly quoted just go to actually back up Jesus' claim as mesiah but then again, what would you know about that.

ANSWER ME THIS HORUS, WHAT IS YOUR BELIEF IF ANY AND HOW DID YOU COME TO ACCEPT THAT AS TRUTH?
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Horus(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2007
ANSWER ME THIS HORUS, WHAT IS YOUR BELIEF IF ANY AND HOW DID YOU COME TO ACCEPT THAT AS TRUTH?
BELIEFBelief is a form of ignorance,The word ignorance means to ignore the facts, however, when you ignore the facts, you breed beliefs; and that’s just what they (religious teachers) have, all belief and no facts. When you believe in something, you are accepting things without knowing. To break the spell of ignorance or belief, you must have knowledge: knowledge of the root of any subject.The people of old overstood how the language was shaped, and how it grew because they knew the roots. Then evil people set in to rip the plant from its root like goats (the symbol of Sama'EL) rip plants from the root, to kill the crop.Simon Bar Yashu’a (falsely known as Jesus) was eventually found guilty of being a sorcerer and a false prophet, and they sought to crucify him. He was crucified in Rome at the age of thirty-three and his body was taken to St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome, where he was buried in 61 AD, and he is entombed (there) to this day. There are traces of his death being up in Europe. And, they made a replica of his mother Mary of Magdalene and him. And, it’s called the Black Madonna, and that’s where the Pope and them are holding their legions.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by thesilent1(m): 12:21pm On May 25, 2007
LOL!!!

so mary magdalene was the mother of jesus then?

can i please just 1 link as to where you have sourced your info from.

just the 1 will do, thanks
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Horus(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2007
I got a link on The Black Original Madonna,but Please do not think this is a Ratafari website.In fact you will be surprised after doing some research yourself on the internet that MOST of those website who talk about her belong to caucasians because like i told you before The Black Original Madonna is not accepted by African or unknow to them.
There are thousands of so-called "Black" Madonnas scattered over Europe, the highest concentrations appearing in France and Italy.

Source: http://www.cassandraeason.co.uk/black_madonnas.htm
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by feelgood(m): 11:22am On May 26, 2007
After going thru some of the posts on this ur thread, dear Babs, I Couldnt help but remember an old joke that seems quite apt here:
said one mathematician to the other: 'now that you have invented the zero, what do you now have? Nothing.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by drbelloim(m): 12:06am On May 28, 2007
feelgood,
After going through some of the posts on this your thread, dear Babs, I Couldnt help but remember an old joke that seems quite apt here:
said one mathematician to the other: 'now that you have invented the zero, what do you now have? Nothing.

so what's so apt about it?
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Horus(m): 12:14am On May 28, 2007
Is The Crucifixion Made Up?
Yes, it was a Cruci FICTION  grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by dinnerm(f): 10:14pm On May 28, 2007
babs787!you sound as if you never went to school,was it you they crucified in His place,you never get tired of attacking someone's religion,it's just that God is merciful if not ,
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by dinnerm(f): 10:16pm On May 28, 2007
babs787!you sound as if you never went to school,was it you they crucified in His place,you never get tired of attacking someone's religion,it's just that God is merciful if not ,
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by twitch(m): 12:56am On May 29, 2007
@ babs787, and his ludicrous topic,and ,

Thou shall not tempt the LORD YOUR GOD!

The God of Abraham,and of Isaac,and of Jacob,who is also Israel, REBUKE thee.

And if you think i'm playing,go ahead tackle the Lion of Judah,head on. I am only the harbinger of His gospel,but the battle remains His! For it is written"the battle is Mine,says the Lord!"
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by twitch(m): 1:10am On May 29, 2007
@ the good people of nairaland those of us spoken of in 1 peter 2 :9-10, remember that 'we wrestle not against flesh and blood,but against principalities,powers,and forces of darkness', But as 'we are not given a spirit of fear,but of life' and knowing that we being in Christ Jesus and He in us, then,
'the law of life supercedes the law of sin and of death'
How then shall we shiver,talkless tremble when the accuser of men, speaks in a guile tongue so as to confuse and mislead us,

@bab666

in a medium such as this you cannot thrive with your propaganda,the Host of Zion,will crush you and your serpentine nature.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by TellyB(m): 9:23am On May 29, 2007
Well, babs787 actually got it all wrong - and his posts on this and other threads do not sound intelligent at all. But we can only pray that his eyes are opened son to see what he's missing.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by thesilent1(m): 11:41am On May 29, 2007
@bab666

LOL!!!!!!!
E ni kpa mi o jare!!!! smiley
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Oracle(m): 5:44am On Jun 06, 2007
All the information you need about Jesus is in the Bible, so read it.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by stimulus(m): 6:33am On Jun 06, 2007
twitch:

@bab666

in a medium such as this you cannot thrive with your propaganda,the Host of Zion,will crush you and your serpentine nature.

Was this prophetic? cheesy
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by thesilent1(m): 8:23am On Jun 06, 2007
lol!
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 07, 2007
maybe babs is now one of yaradua's bodyguards or thugs,anything is posible in naija
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by barikade: 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2007
babyosisi:

maybe babs is now one of yaradua's bodyguards or thugs,anything is posible in naija

Lol. grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by MP007(m): 10:04am On Jun 24, 2007
judgment day go dey very interesting , it is better to believe rather than not to believe at all, u got nothing to looose, ok oo keep fronting , u asx will be burning in helll before u know it , u better gba Jesu si ni aye re
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by babs787(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2007
@all

I can see that you are ready for me. I will soon be back for this thread. We will know if he was crucified and if he was really like Jonah.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by pilgrim1(f): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2007
Waiting.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by babs787(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2007
Ok
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by pilgrim1(f): 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2007
Waiting.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by MP007(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2007
ok oo, argue ur way to hell my friend, u this people sha
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Kuns: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2007
@All,

Here is what the bible scholars who gave us the Jesus cruxi- (cross) fiction says about Jesus on the News.
Most christians confuse the false Christ Jah-Zeus (the Cauasian anti-christ) with the real messiah Yashua who was a negroid, whose trials symbolizes the sufferings of black people the world over.

Jesus Was Black, Not White, Group Says
By Melanie Hunter
CNSNews.com Deputy Managing Editor
February 24, 2004

(Clarification: Corrects reference to Bible verse in third paragraph.)

(CNSNews.com) - One day before it debuts in theaters, a black activist group is protesting the Mel Gibson-written, directed and produced "The Passion of the Christ" film, not because of the film's violent depiction of Jesus Christ's final hours. Instead, they say the film is historically inaccurate because Jesus is portrayed as a white man, not a black man.

"Strangely absent from the debate is one very basic inaccuracy which has been long promoted in order to bolster white supremacy and maintain a revisionist history that is beneficial to only people of European descent," said Malik Z. Shabazz, national chairman of the New Black Panther Party in a statement Tuesday.

"This purposely omitted fact is that Jesus was not a European white man. Jesus Christ was a black man - a dark skinned Hebrew Israelite from Northern Africa and even the only Biblical physical description confirms this (Rev. 13:20)," said Shabazz in a statement,

Chapter 13 of the Book of Revelations only ends with verse 18. After CNSNews.com contacted the New Black Panther Party to clarify the Bible verse they referenced, Imam Akbar, national minister for the New Black Panther Party, explained that the original reference was a typo on their original press release.

Akbar instead, pointed to Revelations 1:14 and 1:15 as well as Daniel 10:6.

"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters." (Rev. 1:14 and 1:15)

"His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude." (Daniel 10:6)

"Not only does this film wrongfully depict Christ as white but all the disciples and Israelites are people of European descent, which presents a historical and physical impossibility," Shabazz added.

The New Black Panther Party and other black activists plan to stage protests nationwide over the controversy. Not only does the group claim the movie is "false," but also "harmful and racist."

The Anti-Defamation League recently expressed to Gibson its concern that the film would drum up anti-Semetism. Shabazz said his group disagrees with the ADL's claims that the film is "anti-semetic" and challenged the ADL to "deny the historical accuracy of the Jews' attack on Christ."

But Shabazz says, the "true controversy" surrounding the film "lies in the maligned history of African people through the world and the continual inaccuracies presented in every Hollywood production to date of any Biblical story from the 10 Commandments to the Christmas Story."

"These false images presented are 'anti-black' and these false images and interpretations only seek to further the racist and white supremist idea that God and Jesus Christ 'The Messiah' or 'Savior' is European and white," he added.

"This is clearly one more example of how black people in this country are treated unfairly. Black/African history has and continues to be misrepresented, black people worldwide are subjected to the psychologically abusive images of white supremacy and have no collective voice to defend or promote a Black agenda," Shabazz concluded.

Movie 'not racist,' says black conservative

But Rev. Jesse Peterson, president of the black conservative group, B.O.N.D. (Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny) said claims that Jesus is black takes away from the overall message.

Peterson said he saw the movie last weekend and "there's nothing in this movie that is racist at all."

"It was inspiring spiritually," he said. "I think that it's going to reconfirm the faith in many Christians and it's going to encourage those who had doubt about Christ. There will be many, I believe, that will believe in him. I knew that this thing would come out that 'he wasn't black' and that 'it's racist.' It's not."

Peterson explained that "the Bible clearly states that Christ was in Israel and that he was a Jew." The movie, he said "clearly points that out as well."

Peterson said to "cry racism is a non-issue. This is an attempt for attention. It's shameful to make that kind of assertion about this movie."

When asked specifically whether Shabazz's physical description of Jesus and his birthplace of Northern Africa was accurate, Peterson said, "I've heard that over and over again, and at one point when I resented white Americans, I believed that too."

But, he said, "in all honesty there is no, I think, perfect description of what Christ looked like anyway, and I think that each race…the white race at one point said that he looked white [with] blue eyes and blond hair. That wasn't true. The blacks are trying to claim him…Hispanics, everybody are trying to claim him as their own."

Peterson said that's why the Scripture clearly states "'do not create a graven image of him, because it will divide and cause confusion.'

"The most important thing is that he was a spirit. It's the spirit of the man, not necessarily what he looked like. And that's the focus that this movie brings out," Peterson said, adding that he thinks blacks and white are likely to focus on Jesus' "spirit rather than the color."

He said the Bible does point out that Jesus was "born in that area, but still he was a Jew, and at that time, maybe they didn't have the straight hair, but it doesn't mean he was…a black, African man."

Peterson said in the movie, Jesus is a dark-skinned man, not white with blue eyes, but a dark-skinned man. "He's not black, but he's not white either," he said.

Race not an issue

Peterson took the New Black Panther Party to task for making Jesus' race an issue.

"It's a shame that you have racist organizations like the New Black Panther Party that will come out and allow the devil or darkness to use them, because that's what's happening," he said. "It's a distraction. It's a trick of the devil to come out and call this movie racist…that he was black, he had nappy hair. That's a distraction."

Peterson believes the group is taking away from the spiritual message of the movie, a message, he said that can possibly help people that are hurting spiritually.

"I think that when people go to this movie, they need to look beyond the color. And I think most will, whether they want to or not…look at the spirit and the suffering that Christ went through," Peterson said.

Send a Letter to the Editor about this article.

letters@cnsnews.com

See how the media wriggle out of admiting the race of Yashua!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mecca In The Bible / Just 3 Words / Who is most popular Priest in your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.