Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,001 members, 7,903,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:20 AM

Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America (33320 Views)

COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria / Woman Diagnosed With Rare Condition That Prevents Her From Hearing MALE Voices / South African Lady Living With HIV Says "I Won’t Allow HIV To Limit Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by fortunechy(m): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2017
end time ring
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 26, 2017
Good developement
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Nickymezor(f): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Hmmm, na dem sabi... it will definitely hv a side effect.
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by symbianDON(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2017
millhouse:
Why Africa.. Why not try it in Europe first l
Africa is the guinea pig of the world na
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Deicide: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2017
This is why we would never evolve
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 26, 2017
millhouse:

Good question
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by timunstopable: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2017
With it also cure other STDs

People don't know some STDs don't also have cure

Herpes for instance
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 26, 2017
Another way of introducing cancer to africa
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by mustafa006: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2017
This white devils are trying by all means to make immorality and sinning look normal and they are bringing it right to our doors
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:39am On Jul 26, 2017
robosky02:

this is not different from female condom

abstainance or stick with one partner still the best

No quite the same; they are apparently different but with only one overlapping end result in common - i.e. HIV infection prevention (even so by different methods of action).

The female condom works as a barrier method; physically blocking, everything - sperm cells (pregnancy) and STDs, including HIV.
While the vaginal ring offers no physical barrier to any of the above; except to deliver specific chemicals which selectively interfere with HIV infection.

@TOPIC:

IMO its is not good enough with only 56% effectiveness i.e. offering an approximately mere 50:50 chance protection - anyone therefore relying on it alone would be literally gambling (much like tossing a coin) with his chances of catching such a deadly disease.

2 Likes

Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Exciton(m): 11:40am On Jul 26, 2017
Nbote:

Becos Africa has d highest HIV prevalence rate in d world and since it's a success already in d US , Europe is gud to go. Africa will need to undergo its own trials know if it would b as effective down here... While dey are busy developing and looking for solutions we are busy suspecting and cooking up conspiracies and theories...

Don't mind the bloody idi0ts. I read the first page and it got me angry. Especially the idi0ts that claim everything is carcinogenic.
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by sirusX(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2017
Oblongata:
This will promote skin to skin yanshing...
Not good. with hiv, slay queens everywhere.
Without hiv nko?
Devil sha no wan gree grin
grin

Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by DJMCOTTY(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
Show us picture on how it fits
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by epc007(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by absool(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by egobetatoday: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
ifeoluwasegun:
How was it tested, penetrating it with an HIV infected penis?

I wanna know please.

i wonder ooo.
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by kendylet(f): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
yeah! Get one and I'll be your man.
LOL! I no want o...protection all the way lawv...
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by kendylet(f): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
maxiuc:
HCome get yours at my Plaza at an affordable price

Free installation not need for payment
lol... i'll pass
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by dirtyhokage(m): 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Good news for oloshos.

As President of the Team Skin-To-Skin movement.
I commend whoever designed this.
If it ain't skin it ain't sex bro... lol

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by ojukokoro: 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
Wont it affect conception in future
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
Where are all these our nairaland hungry girls slaying left, right and centre. Go and donate yourselves for the testing o.

BENEFITS
1. You might make some cash on the side
2. You can finally have that preventive measure to protect yourself while you engage in your usual job of sleeping around.

Just my honest advice.

Especially to that 'happily married' lady, that is always complaining of BROKE GUYS and HUSBAND SNATCHERS.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by AlwaysUltraPad: 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
kendylet:
LOL! I no want o...protection all the way lawv...
come to my arm...you make sense.

Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by uvalued(m): 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
kevoh:
Interesting....humans solving human related problems [s]and creating more in the process since time immemorial.[/s] tongue

soon another biz don open as new sicknessis produced from this
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by ThinkSmarter: 12:35am On Jul 27, 2017
millhouse:
read the post thoroughly
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by Felimore: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2017
What about those that this ring cannot fit into their vagina...
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by kendylet(f): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
come to my arm...you make sense.
lo...orishirishi
Re: Vaginal Ring That Prevents HIV To Be Tested In Africa After Trials In America by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2017
kendylet:
lo...orishirishi
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ogun State Tricycle Ambulances / Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.