Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,729 members, 7,882,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

Share Your Experience As The Lastborn - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experience As The Lastborn (19604 Views)

'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / “from Now On, I Will Wash Only Plates Used By Me” – Frustrated Lastborn Prints / The Perks Of Being A Lastborn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience As The Lastborn by adetayo234: 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
crownfitsme:
Each time people knows that am d last born ,they will be like "waoh u are enjoying o.u collect money from all your elder ones.I just shake my head in pity.last born with d responsibility of firstborn.I don't want to be last born in another world.hian! sad shocked everyone wants to be a shareholder and decision maker in ur life. Lemme live my life

Saw that you reside in Ilorin. I do too. Maybe we can hang out sometimes, if you don't mind. ...
Re: Share Your Experience As The Lastborn by player007(m): 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
gentlechyke:
In some families, the role of the last born is another form of slavery where he/she does most of the house chores while the elder siblings look the other way besides a family where the last born dictates what happens as they are the icon in the eyes of their parents.

Here are some comments by lastborns. Can you relate and what's your story like?

My sister used to beat me when Mom wasn't around. Cz she dare not touch me when mom is at home. I did most of the house chores and I was always compensated with as much as I could eat in the house. Always loved going to cut my hair,cz mom will Always get me something afterwards. Miss You Mom!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As The Lastborn by abimbawealth(f): 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
Last borns rock... Except for the widely believed notion that you're rich, since you receive from elders...

Una Ndo o
Re: Share Your Experience As The Lastborn by Tedassie(m): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
memories1:
Growing up, I had a 'baby of the family' immunity from both dad and mum, I could get away with almost anything.
As an adult, the only annoying part is that my business is the entire family's business. Plenty advice, criticism and teasing from all sides but its still fun though.
Yeah,i can relate with the bolded too. Another thing(if i may digress),back when i was in college;my parents would send money sometimes even without my asking. When many others would lie&scheme their way to get an extra dime out of their parents pocket!...i never saw the need for any of that. Though i think the 'immunity&or preferential treatment clause' may not be so for many last borns out there though.
Re: Share Your Experience As The Lastborn by Introverted1(m): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
Like and share if you can relate to this sorta KARMA..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wYdsEHQtXc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalander Welcomes Baby Boy After 8 Years / Baby Stolen In Uyo, Recovered In Owerri - Police Deny Mother Access (Photos) / Sworn Virgins' Of Albania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.