Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,120 members, 7,949,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

How To Grow As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Grow As A Christian (293 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / I Used Juju To Grow My Church - Popular Pastor Confesses / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow As A Christian by victor44843(m): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
Firstly, go over this short checklist to make sure that you are truly saved :

(i) Are you aware that Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world?

(ii) Did you come to the Savior because you had sinned and needed forgiveness?

(iii) Did you repent and decide to turn away from your sins?

(iv) Have you been born again of water and of the Spirit? (John 3:3-5)

(v) Are you willing to do the will of God as revealed in the scriptures (Matthew 7:21-27, James 2:18-20).

Next, do these to save you from pain

(i) Feed on the word daily : Find somewhere quiet and thoroughly soak your Spirit in the word of God, in Romans 12:2 , the believer is told to do something with his mind.

(ii) Faith.

(iii) Evangelism : Preach the gospel at all times in and out of season (2 Timothy 4:2).

(iv) Prayer : As far as God is concerned, if you belong to Jesus, you are automatically a V.I.P, therefore you can boldly come before the throne of grace (Hebrews 4:16) . You have direct access to the king because you are a son or daughter of the King.

(v) Pray in the Spirit to build up your faith (Jude 20)
(vi) Spiritual welfare : The way to overcome the devil and his demons is to make sure that you are outfitted with the armor of God listed in Ephesians 6:10-20. Become familiar with it and never take it off, bind the two edged sword to your hand so that you will never lose its grip.

(vii) Pray for your pastor and his family (Hebrews 13:7).

(Viii) Always give thanks.

(ix) Lastly, Always pay tithe and offering.

read more @ http:// http://www.gospeltoday.ga/2017/07/how-to-grow-as-christian.html

2 Likes

Re: How To Grow As A Christian by GodsMopol: 12:51am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: How To Grow As A Christian by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 28, 2017
Brother, beautiful thread...... smiley

(1) (Reply)

Believing Is Seeing / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 20/8/17 The Purposeful Prayer Life / The Account Of The Afflictions Of The King And Charles The Son Of Oputa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.