Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,911 members, 7,872,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? (4321 Views)

Want To Improve Your Career? 4 New Year Resolutions You Should Consider / A Friend Lost His Job: How To Future-proof Your Career! / How Your Date Of Birth Can Dictate Your Career Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
Make my personal biz global.
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by guseman(m): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
Open a beer parlour/a distributor of all sort of assorted drinks
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by gee2(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2010
Hi N.Landers, i believe being your own boss sorts out all issues concerning lay off and unforseen circumstances at work. God help us all so we get fixed in the right place.
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by oYaTo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2010
Been thinking so hard about this lately. . undecided
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by MrCrackles(m): 10:38pm On Feb 19, 2010
guseman:

[b]Open a beer parlour/[/b]a distributor of all sort of assorted drinks
Disaster!!!!

tkb417:

msheww
u no see my edited post above tongue
grin grin wink
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by netotse(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
lecture. . .prolly, couple with consultancy and ish
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by aieromon(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
As one climbs up his career ladder,he must build up a network of interests that will guarantee a steady flow of income and finance.You know those things that people tell you u're good at,nah.
*If you can sew,study the nitty-gritty of startin' a fashion house.
*You can cook,take time out to find out how to cater for a large number of people or for school kids(yea,people have started lunchbox services for kids in Naija).The party catering thing is gettin' saturated so you just have to bring something to the table that will attract customers to the value of your services.
IMO,it all boils down to being paid to do what you can do for free.Career is a process;transition and change are allowed.
I've delved into Project Management with an interest in the I.T sector(regardless of my medical profession background).
Maybe as the years go,i'll be confident to give my biggest dream a try-music production cool
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by guseman(m): 12:29am On Feb 20, 2010
MrCrackles:

Disaster!!!!
grin grin wink

Why
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by Amigoz(f): 7:51am On Feb 20, 2010
mama-gee:

I'm still young for my career to end.

Its an Hypothetical question wink

@Jamal - does the pix portray wot u will do undecided

@op

If I have the money then I will probably start my firm. If not, I can always train for a new skill
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by Sprumbaba: 10:10am On Feb 20, 2010
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by denony(m): 10:55am On Feb 20, 2010
I will go to Congo or Jamaica and enjoy the fruit of my labour grin
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by vicishow(m): 11:21am On Feb 20, 2010
My next step is to face squarely my interenet business. There is no limit to what can be made from it.
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by supereagle(m): 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2010
Dig your well before you are thirsty,
plan for the raining days
Plan ahead before they kick your arse
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by magnumshie: 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
Self employment is the way out of lasting wealth, u may be sitting on a gold mine.Ve got a paint manufacturing plant which i started few years back,i keep expanding everyday because there s large demand if ur products are good.
There are a lott of oportunities in this country,u just need 2SCRATCH a little further n u are there !
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2010
Very Simple
JOIN POLITICS A.S.A.P
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2010
Nice topic
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by tkb417(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2010
ifedy:

Very Simple
JOIN POLITICS A.S.A.P
If its Abuja politics, cool

not the NURTW dangerous one where matchetes are freely used
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by sizzlers(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2010
i will learn industrial welding then travel to either PH or warri to weld and patch vandalized pipelines ( a friend told me that one pipeline cost 15,000) to weld around it, guess what, he said that on a lucky day u can weld at least 10 to 15 pipeline a day.
guess what im the richest guy in town with 15,000 X 10 = 150,000 a day. is a great opportunity for me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
if u ar interested i can link u up just send me mail to sizzlars@yahoo.com. but many disadvantages deyooo. apart from the hot scorching sun the militants is another issue. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by agapeLuv1(m): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2010
Spend time praying to God for direction and reading Money making books
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2010
tkb417:

If its Abuja politics, cool

not the NURTW dangerous one where matchetes are freely used

Abuja Politics of course,
No substandard politics
Re: When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? by Jcob(m): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2010
Brand Consulting | Events | New Ads Creation | Creative School.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mechatronics (IIT, Lagos) Or CCNA (cisco) / Graduates Of Information Technology / The 11 Forgotten Laws Of Stirring Interest And Desire; Getting Them To Want You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.