Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,106 members, 7,939,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:23 AM

Why Is This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is This? (370 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This? by Martinez19(m): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
Why is it that when so people are comfortable in life, they can embrace any philosophical or religious belief but during hard times, they humble themselves and embrace mainstream religion? These were people who were bragging and showing off their beliefs as if they are some intelligent folks. grin

Even some christians and muslims will be bragging about their God but in hard times, you see them going to native shrines for solutions and they were the same people disturbing others with their religion. When a christian has so much money, he doesn't take church or pastors seriously, he/she might be very proud and might not be attending church regularly. During hard times, this same christian will be running from one pastor to another.

Some who attend new generational churches will be disturbing me, but during hard times, they will go to the very deliverance churches whose teachings they condemn. Chai, what is happening here. They preach love but don't treat others well.

The one that burst my head pass is that some atheists have been reported to convert on their death bed. Atheists like me and those who have been involved in the religious hocus pocus don't fall for this. I have seen an atheist who suffers and starts suspecting supernatural forces. Are beliefs sometimes a luxury for those who are comfortable in life?

..... your contributions please, because I am sure of my beliefs that religion is all bunk but why people are double minded is what I can't understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This? by hopefulLandlord: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
interesting
Re: Why Is This? by hahn(m): 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2017
I think it is simple, hard times bring out the real you

I remember when things were so hard my family members who know that I am atheist would say things like, "you better start going to church so god will touch your life" but since the trash bin I threw god in was already emptied and god recycles into a pet bottle there was no going back

Now those same people look at me with obvious confusion and jealousy and now say, "just because things are working for you does not give you the right to say bad things about the most high(apparently god smokes weed too), when bad things happen to you you will agree that god is real"

And I am like "bitch please"

1 Like

Re: Why Is This? by Martinez19(m): 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
hahn:
I think it is simple, hard times bring out the real you

I remember when things were so hard my family members who know that I am atheist would say things like, "you better start going to church so god will touch your life" but since the trash bin I threw god in was already emptied and god recycles into a pet bottle there was no going back

Now those same people look at me with obvious confusion and jealousy and now say, "just because things are working for you does not give you the right to say bad things about the most high(apparently god smokes weed too), when bad things happen to you you will agree that god is real"

And I am like "bitch please"
grin grin cheesy it appears that the sheeples are confused set of homo sapiens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is This? by edicied: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
Interesting thread

(1) (Reply)

ASSEMBLIES Of GOD: The Question Of SCHISM / The Finality Of Confrontation / Doctrinal hugger-mugger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.