Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,298 members, 7,887,884 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:44 PM

Rhema For Living Devotional - July 30th. Jesus Is The True Vine. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional - July 30th. Jesus Is The True Vine. (421 Views)

Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples / Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay / Rccg Sunday School July 30th, 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema For Living Devotional - July 30th. Jesus Is The True Vine. by Ken4Christ: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
Sunday, July 30th.
Jesus is the True Vine.

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit". (John 15:1-2).

Our Lord Jesus likened himself to a vine tree and the believers to the branches. Why did he use the vine tree and fruit for an illustration? There are several other fruits he could have mentioned. First, the vine tree produces fruits in clusters. One cluster of a grapevine fruit contains about 30 fruits. Second, it is from the grapevine fruits that most wines are produced. We all know that wine drinks are about the most widely used drinks in all kinds of ceremonies.

There is no branch of any fruit bearing trees that can exist on his own or that can bear fruits without receiving it's nutrients from the tree. Jesus is the true vine from which we draw our spiritual nutrients to produce fruits for the kingdom of God. We must therefore stay connected to him if we must be productive for him. Unproductive Christian life makes you a misfit for the kingdom of God. Unfortunately, most professing believers fall into this class. There is virtually nothing they do in their local church that contributes to its growth. Living that way is taking your salvation for granted.

Our Lord Jesus further said, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned". (John 15:4-6).

One sure way to abide in Christ is to let his word have a place in your life. This is one sure act that guarantees answers to your prayers. Hence he said, "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you". (John 15:7). Stay connected to the vine and be a fruit bearing branch. Be actively involved in soul winning. This is your number one responsibility as a Christian. In just the ways clusters of grapevine fruits contains about 30 fruits, you are expected to win much souls. Anything less than 30 souls in a year for every professing believer falls short of God's expectations for you. Remember, the Scripture says, "...he that winneth souls is wise. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever". (Proverbs 11:30; Daniel 12:3).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious Father, I adore and bless you for who you are. I ask for more grace to be productive for you as I stay connected to the vine in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: Every evil targeted on you and your family will passover you in the name of Jesus. God will recompense tribulation to those who trouble you in the name of Jesus. God's grace at work in your life will take away every form of disgrace in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: John 15:16; Matthew 3:10.
Daily Scripture Reading: Nehemiah 1-2; Luke 20-22.

(1) (Reply)

I Resigned As A Catholic Cleric Because I Want To Make Heaven - Rev. Father P. E / Employees, Students Accuse Rev Sister Of Certificate Forgery / Nairaland Please Say A Prayer For Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.