Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,875 members, 7,945,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! (731 Views)

Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First / Im Proud Of My Fellow Igbos For Once Again Rejecting APC And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by Anasko(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
IM PROUD TO BE A NORTHERNER !!!
1* --The white men came and met us with the following things even before the advent of colonialism :-
2*-- WE CAN READ & WRITE (We are not illiterates, : - we have now dual knowledge, ARABIC & ENGLISH).
3* --WE WORE CLOTHES NOT LEAVES
4* -- WE BUILT HOUSES NOT SLEEPING UNDER TREES OR ROCK.
5*-- WE HAVE A UNIQUE SYSTEM OF ADMINISTRATION (Indirect rule).
(The picture below, confirmed this assertion)

1 Like

Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by nototribalist: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
And when the white men left, you people started sucking cow breast

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by givbitcoin: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
Anasko:
IM PROUD TO BE A NORTHERNER !!!
1* --The white men came and met us with the following things even before the advent of colonialism :-
2*-- WE CAN READ & WRITE (We are not illiterates, : - we have now dual knowledge, ARABIC & ENGLISH).
3* --WE WORE CLOTHES NOT LEAVES
4* -- WE BUILT HOUSES NOT SLEEPING UNDER TREES OR ROCK.
5*-- WE HAVE A UNIQUE SYSTEM OF ADMINISTRATION (Indirect rule).
(The picture below, confirmed this assertion)

Exactly, the white destroyed the values we laboured to build
Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by givbitcoin: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
nototribalist:
And when the white men left, you people started sucking cow breast

You must be a foool
Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
Op when queen Elizabeth visited Nigeria in the 60s there was already some level of civilisation across Nigeria

If you want to show a picture of what the first white men met in the North then you have the wrong pics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by wahles(m): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lol
Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
givbitcoin:

You must be a foool

I saw kids doing this life during my service year

People suck directly from cows even kids

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by NCP: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
givbitcoin:

Exactly, the white destroyed the values we laboured to build
Which values and legacies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by IJOBA2: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
givbitcoin:

You must be a foool
GUY I LIKE AS YOU TAKE DEY TREAT AFONJA FVCK UP DOE HEREgrin KEEP IT UP!

2 Likes

Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by EazyMoh(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
I have been looking for a comprehensive documentary about the history of colonization of present day Nigeria, couldn't find.
Only that of Ghana when it was referred to as Gold Coast.
I watched the four part History Channel documentary on conquest of the Americas, I was impressed with the amazing detail and personal records of the actors. I wish something could be produced regarding Nigeria as well, not all these personal glorification accounts that are never agreed upon as historical facts.
@OP your points are correct, the colonialists didn't bring any fundamental aspect of civilization to the north, especially to the Muslim urban centers.

1 Like

Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by Blue3k(m): 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
EazyMoh:
I have been looking for a comprehensive documentary about the history of colonization of present day Nigeria, couldn't find.
Only that of Ghana when it was referred to as Gold Coast.
I watched the four part History Channel documentary on conquest of the Americas, I was impressed with the amazing detail and personal records of the actors. I wish something could be produced regarding Nigeria as well, not all these personal glorification accounts that are never agreed upon as historical facts.
@OP your points are correct, the colonialists didn't bring any fundamental aspect of civilization to the north, especially to the Muslim urban centers.

Check your local University library. They probably have books on what you're looking for. I found great book on geology of Nigeria in S.M.U.
Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by EazyMoh(m): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
Blue3k:

Check your local University library. They probably have books on what your look for. I found great book on geology of Nigeria in S.M.U.
Thanks.
Re: Im Proud To Be A Northerner !!! by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 01, 2017
which arabic did you understand? deceive yourself,you can read it doesn't mean you understand it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

News Flash! Buhari's Arrival Uncertain As Nigerians Cry For Redemption(pictures) / Drama In Abuja As Aisha Announces Resignation After Publicly Criticizing PMB / Anambra Massacre: Saraki Condoles With Families Of Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.