Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,244 members, 7,880,905 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:58 AM

Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? (711 Views)

Is Getting A First Class Still Possible?? / Is First Class Still Possible Atleast 4.50? / Nlanders, Is First Class Still Possible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? by Chizzyjoyce(f): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2017
The Emphasis on First Class

There are over a thousand and one person in the same field with you. Graduating with first class set you apart from them. Nevertheless, the knowledge being acquired in school is not often streamlined with the expectation in the outside world of work. So here goes the question - is First Class still relevant especially in Nigeria today.
Some people still strive for it and others do not. Why??
Re: Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? by Prevho: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2017
If it is not, why are people stil striving for it?
Re: Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? by Chizzyjoyce(f): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2017
Some students have lost that intrinsic drive to pursue first class since they feel it's doesn't really stand as a yardstick to measure a person's future

1 Like

Re: Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
First class is very relevant, forget all these things people are saying, its just that Nigerian lecturers are good at frustrating students life in school making it more difficult to get.
Re: Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? by ashewoboy(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2017
Chizzyjoyce:

There are over a thousand and one person in the same field with you. Graduating with first class set you apart from them. Nevertheless, the knowledge being acquired in school is not often streamlined with the expectation in the outside world of work. So here goes the question - is First Class still relevant especially in Nigeria today.

this your dp is not here. you make me wanna do naughty things with you. reply my pm, let's get started.
Re: Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? by Chizzyjoyce(f): 7:04am On Aug 02, 2017
ashewoboy:

this your dp is not here. you make me wanna do naughty things with you. reply my pm, let's get started.

How is my Dp affecting you
I replied you though
Re: Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? by Gerrard59(m): 11:58am On Aug 02, 2017
Chizzyjoyce:

It is relevant and will always be. Post graduate studies, working with top companies globally, research grants etc. It is. I advise any student to achieve one. Start early, as early as the day you get admitted into the institution. Be determined and preserve. The world is competitive, ensuring you stand out in the competition is key.

Mrs Kachtee (She got a first in Law from UI and MSc from Cambridge) made a post on it.
http://www.kacheetee.com/blog/2017/7/30/getting-a-first-class-degree-in-nigeria-benefiits
Re: Is First Class Still Relevant In Our Country Today?? by Chizzyjoyce(f): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Gerrard59:

It is relevant and will always be. Post graduate studies, working with top companies globally, research grants etc. It is. I advise any student to achieve one. Start early, as early as the day you get admitted into the institution. Be determined and preserve. The world is competitive, ensuring you stand out in the competition is key.

Mrs Kachtee (She got a first in Law from UI and MSc from Cambridge) made a post on it.
http://www.kacheetee.com/blog/2017/7/30/getting-a-first-class-degree-in-nigeria-benefiits

This is really nice ooo

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Use Social Media In Education / IPOB - Do Students Still Sing The National Anthem In Eastern Schools? / There Would Be POST UTME For 100L Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.