Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,990 members, 7,899,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:12 PM

Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil (32209 Views)

Ola Aina Signs For Torino Permanently / Peter Odemwingie Signs For Madura United FC, Indonesian Club, Looks Disappointed / Emmanuel Adebayor Signs For Turkish Club Istanbul Basakehir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by ebusfav: 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
A 25-year-old Turkey based Ghanaian footballer, Mohammed Sumaila, has sealed a mind-blowing deal with Turkish regional side Yörükalispor for a 'record fee' of 10 pounds (4.53 litres) of olive oil.

Confirming this, Ghana's City FM Online disclosed that Sumaila who has been playing in Turkey since age 20 and has featured for Torbali, Tire, Soma and Gaziemir.

The Footballer who took up the offer after speaking to former Turkish midfielder, Tayfun Albaryak, said the decision was reached because the village don't have money to pay for his service, so they offered to give him olive oil instead. The Ghanaian star also went ahead to explain that his contract was to run for the duration of the tournament, after which he would move to join another team for the coming season.

“I am 25 years old and I have been playing football in amateur teams in Turkey for about 5 years and I have been playing football in Torbali , Tire, Soma and Gaziemir teams. “I transferred to the Kütahya team for next season. I only moved to Yörükalispor to play in their one-month long football tournament in Mudanya.“ “I came to the village team upon the invitation of Tayfun Albayrak and he said that the villagers would give me the olive oil they had obtained from the olives they produced and so, I accepted the offer,” said the player as quoted by www.haberturk.com

http://www.lailasblog.com/ghanaian-footballer-signs-turkish-4-35-litres-olive-oil/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Josephjnr(m): 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
Na joke?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Tolexander: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
“I am 25 years old and I have been playing football in amateur teams in Turkey for about 5 years and I have been playing football in Torbali , Tire, Soma and Gaziemir teams. “I transferred to the Kütahya team for next season. I only moved to Yörükalispor to play in their one-month long football tournament in Mudanya.“ “I came to the village team upon the invitation of Tayfun Albayrak and he said that the villagers would give me the olive oil they had obtained from the olives they produced and so, I accepted the offer,” said the player as quoted by www.haberturk.com
Can someone tell this guy to quit football for another career?

football seems not to be his calling!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Tolexander: 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
Josephjnr:
Na joke?
Joke silver?

NO! Na olu, no be only joke!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Jaytecq(m): 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
erin e npami

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by GentleYoung(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by celestialAgent(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
Olive Oil as payment or PAINment? Well, he will sure have enough Oil in stock should he ever consider pastoring over football smiley

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by olasmith10(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
ti aba je oba, a je eba

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by princechiemekam(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
Story story.

Na 2liters of palm wine self
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by ShitHead(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
They tried ooooo! No Ghanaian is worth a litre of kerosene.

14 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by blackbeau1(f): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
His Uncles in the village must be grandmasters in the act of Destiny Killing

32 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Adeley83(f): 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2017
grin laugh at him all you want but this guy will go places

26 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2017
Bloggers again sad sad sad
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by goodlifehyd(m): 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2017
The club don know say he need the oil for deliverance

13 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by CAPSLOCKED: 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
blackbeau1:
His Uncles in the village must be grandmasters in the act of Destiny Killing
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Bossjosh: 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
wonderful!!!

25 years old What happened to doing trials in other leagues especially England, Germany, Spain, Netherland. these countries have good amateur teams that he'll definitely fit into.

Well, when the gods wants to kill a man, they first of all... This one is village sent

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Chunedujohnson6: 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hahaha
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Segadem(m): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
grin
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by francis247(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2017
End shall never wonder. The club sha wey sign am 4 dis amount wicked. Is it because his name sounds like Somalia?
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by KeengTobbie(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2017
This is a good sacrifice on his part. Nice move bro. But I wonder if there is any alterior motive

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by ALAYORMII: 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2017
They should come sign Nigerian players for Olive Oil
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by roqrules04(m): 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2017
Tolexander:
Joke silver?

NO! Na olu, no be only joke!

Olu maintain?
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by win2kwire: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Tolexander:
Can someone tell this guy to quit football for another career?

football seems not to be his calling!

Nigerians are generally greedy and selfish individuals, you can tell by this reply and the many others . He obviously did it for a reason your brain cannot understand!

15 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Na wa ooo
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by JoNach: 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lol.... 25?? shocked. You too lie for age na why

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by positivelord: 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
Now who suggested this olive oil payment, thats all I want to know?
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by IgboticGirl(f): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
NNAMDlKANU:
cheesy better than mining skull in Oshogbo

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by NNAMDlKANU(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by famousbowale: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
News now a adays ehh!

The guy dey play to keep fit
The guy dey do charity work people dey misunderstand him again grin grin grin grin grin

what about the Brazilian players way play for an amateur team for free?

The guy nah hero self.

7 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil by Bizibi(m): 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
I don't see anything bad here,he can do deals with the commodity......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko / Adidas Unveils Balls For Russia 2018 World Cup / UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.