Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,136 members, 7,967,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 01:49 PM

Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) (63763 Views)

Armed Robber Execution In 1972 At Bar Beach Lagos (Disturbing Throwback Video) / Abike: Out Of 21 Drug Dealers Waiting Execution In Indonesia, 20 From Anambra / Murderer Will Eat Last Supper Before Execution By Electric Chair In U.S.(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by abiola883: 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
decatalyst:

Nah me be child, right?

Hmmm...commonsense should have provided you 'wisdom' to decipher when not to talk like a slowpoke on a faceless forum or not to regard everyone as your peer. Well, commonsense isn't common after all undecided

I don't expect you to be sound upstairs cuz I can see...you may be worse than a certain bobrisky.
When you go far trying to prove you ain't a child, you end up acting like one in the end.

1 Like

Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Etisaljoseph: 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
The resolution of this camera is HD. I doubt if these photos are way back 199**
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Mediapace: 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
dominique:
Scary. I wonder what was going through the minds of those men that very moment.

Hmm , They were even laughing
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
my wish for akpabio, saraki, ekweremadu,lamorde, yahaya bello and all other yam eaters in Nigeria....
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
HenryWilliams:
I can vividly recollect watching this execution on channel 8 back in the day..
The way the Black Maria brought them to the execution ground..the condemned singing praise and worship songs..
Then the soldiers rolled in..I saw their faces.. Northerners the lot of them
I remember them tied up..the one in white..kept smiling maniacally..
The robed priest.. Giving last prayers.. Then the shooting started..
Three salvos...one after the other.
White lace guy broke free of his restraints..attempting to kick the bullets away while screaming.."Ade! Warn your men o!"
The shooting stopped.. Doctor went over to confirm death.. Got rattled by a twitching body..
Another round of shots however ended the journey..
The people charged with removal of the corpses had a grim look in their faces
It wasn't a nice scene fixed in the mind of a 17 year old.

Wow!

1 Like

Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
HenryWilliams:
I can vividly recollect watching this execution on channel 8 back in the day..
The way the Black Maria brought them to the execution ground..the condemned singing praise and worship songs..
Then the soldiers rolled in..I saw their faces.. Northerners the lot of them
I remember them tied up..the one in white..kept smiling maniacally..
The robed priest.. Giving last prayers.. Then the shooting started..
Three salvos...one after the other.
White lace guy broke free of his restraints..attempting to kick the bullets away while screaming.."Ade! Warn your men o!"
The shooting stopped.. Doctor went over to confirm death.. Got rattled by a twitching body..
Another round of shots however ended the journey..
The people charged with removal of the corpses had a grim look in their faces
It wasn't a nice scene fixed in the mind of a 17 year old.
Hope ur writing a novel. U narrate well.

1 Like

Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
iMUMUweh:
shocked

wow!

what joy will be in thier minds! nothing is as good as dying for what you believe in!

now they died martyrs!

brave men!
shocked
what are you saying.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by adedehinbo(m): 11:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
decatalyst:

Nah me be child, right?

Hmmm...commonsense should have provided you 'wisdom' to decipher when not to talk like a slowpoke on a faceless forum or not to regard everyone as your peer. Well, commonsense isn't common after all undecided

I don't expect you to be sound upstairs cuz I can see...you may be worse than a certain bobrisky.
oga child calm down now grin
decatalyst:

Nah me be child, right?

oga child calm down now
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Aragon: 1:28am On Aug 03, 2017
iMUMUweh:
shocked

wow!

what joy will be in thier minds! nothing is as good as dying for what you believe in!

now they died martyrs!

brave men!
shocked

And your definition of Martyrs is? 18 Likes, so anyone can educate me on that thanks
By the way, they did not Die for what they believed in, they were Caught, sentenced to Death and Killed. Given the chance they would have escaped
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by DRPAIT123(m): 5:44am On Aug 03, 2017
moral lesson...make your hustle clean
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:15am On Aug 03, 2017
I was there that year sat on a Coca-Cola truck fo have a clear view I guess that was the last of it.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by win2kwire: 8:16am On Aug 03, 2017
it is a disgrace that Nigeria does not do it to ibo drug dealers today, instead Indonesia are doing it on their behalf!
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by AdeKamal(m): 8:37am On Aug 03, 2017
emaxjey:
crime don't pay..d end is suffering and death...but still dey won't hear...an adage says the dog that will get lost won't hear the whistle of the hunter ..kudos to all legitimate hustlers out there...baba God go pick awa call oo

Ameen.. Lai pe.. Lai jina.. I respect hausa guys.. They can sell anything legit even upto hawking water melon..

May God, Allah, our Lord.. Answer our prayers.. Grant our desires undecided
emaxjey:
crime don't pay..d end is suffering and death...but still dey won't hear...an adage says the dog that will get lost won't hear the whistle of the hunter ..kudos to all legitimate hustlers out there...baba God go pick awa call oo

Ameen.. Lai pe.. Lai jina.. I respect hausa guys.. They can sell anything legit even upto hawking water melon..

May God, Allah, our Lord.. Answer our prayers.. Grant our desires

Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Emmizzy: 8:52am On Aug 03, 2017
This is bizarre. I couldn't have watched it if I was there.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by RetroBoy: 9:44am On Aug 03, 2017
Shelloween:
The resolution of the pictures is too high to be from cameras used in '95. Sure this is not a movie?
1995 was just 22 years away.
There was good,hi-res photography even before smartphone and digital cameras.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Haddock(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2017
decatalyst:

Nah me be child, right?

Child, be modest, don't talk to people like that...
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by davillian(m): 11:10am On Aug 03, 2017
In 1995 the APRD of the Nigerian army has powerful cameras that can produce pictures with such qualities.
This place looks like the state house in ribadu street in lagos.
The field has been turned to a football pitch now and na only officer children dey ball there now.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by logica(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
NaijaNaWaa:
There was no public execution in Nigeria from 1990 upwards. The execution of Orkar & co for coup against IBB wasn't public. Check you date.
There were many public executions during the Abacha regime (1994 - 1998). It was his way of instilling fear.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by logica(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
davillian:

This place looks like the state house in ribadu street in lagos.
This was actually Kirikiri Shooting Range.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Kendroid: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
Now what is the faith of those that fired the weapon undecided undecided
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by NaijaNaWaa: 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
logica:
There were many public executions during the Abacha regime (1994 - 1998). It was his way of instilling fear.

Cite one.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by decatalyst(m): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
Haddock:

Child, be modest, don't talk to people like that...

Ur profile pix says it all...see what I'm seeing. Lol!
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by decatalyst(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
abiola883:

When you go far trying to prove you ain't a child, you end up acting like one in the end.

Yeah...you have a point. But one got to come down to certain people's level to really deal the hammer blow on them. grin
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Gotze1: 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
Funjosh:
That guy is smiling grin
Was
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Haddock(m): 10:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
decatalyst:

Ur profile pix says it all...see what I'm seeing. Lol!
Shush, be a good child, close your eyes and sleep... lullaby.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by decatalyst(m): 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
Haddock:

Shush, be a good child, close your eyes and sleep... lullaby.

Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Haddock(m): 12:23am On Aug 04, 2017
decatalyst:

No! Be a good child, stop sucking your thumb! It doesn't speak well of your upbringing
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2018
This is my Comment
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Rickmann: 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
Shelloween:
The resolution of the pictures is too high to be from cameras used in '95. Sure this is not a movie?

Smart observation bro, I thought so too..it appears to recent to be 1995.
Re: Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) by Rickmann: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
Funjosh:
That guy is smiling grin

That a Smile of hopelessness, regret and shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man & Woman Who Died In Car In Lagos: I Was The Target – Woman’s Other Lover / Nigerian Man And His New Girlfriend Set Ablaze By His Baby Mama In Australia / EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.