Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,793 members, 7,921,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:12 PM

Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria (786 Views)

Journals On Hospitality And Tourism Industry / Wavecrest College Of Hospitality And Tourism Admission Requirement / Project Topics And Materials In Hospitality And Tourism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Alright, it is high time we who are into this sector work and promote our very own. If we don't do it, chances are that no one will do it for us. So in this thread, expectation is that all of us who are into this sector and on this forum irrespective of our different locations should come together and work to promote the tourism industry in the country such that it could be favourably competitive with what is obtainable in other countries of the world. So I welcome everyone of us into the thread as you come in to share your ideas, innnovations, teachings, enlightenment, challenges etc in the sector either as a student or as a practitioner. Meanwhile I hope this is the right section to do this. If not, I plead with the relevant authority to move it to its rightful section where wider viewers can be attracted. Thank you.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Good evening all. I actually opened this thread yesterday because I wanted us to discuss and look forward towards promoting tourism in Nigeria and as well as harnessing the unlimited benefits rounded up in the sector but unfortunately I never had time to kick the ball rolling but I can assure you that from this evening, great things will start happening right here. Stay right here and contribute your quota as we share ideas, benefits and as well as the challenges confronting the sector.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Pls bear with me as I have no time to kick-start the main aspect of the thread. That will be coming in no time as soon as I am less busy. God bless.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by KiristinaJoseph: 6:02am On Aug 04, 2017
Pls bear with me as I have no time to kick-start the main aspect of the thread. That will be coming in no time as soon as I am less busy. God bless. writing help
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 11:16am On Aug 04, 2017
I would like to say that as far as Nigeria is concerned, tourism as a sector in the nation's economy is still far underdeveloped and it's a great potentials lying ahead to those who see the untapped resources.

However, as an undergraduate of tourism studies, university of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River state of Nigeria, I deem it important to begin to write and promote this sector in a good light as this will help the sector and also put me on a good ladder for employment or connection even before my graduation. One thing that is certain is that there's scarcity of trained personnel in this sector presently in the country. Just few years back that some higher institutions started accreditation of the course into their academic calendar and some haven't even produced any set of graduates yet as far as the disclipline is concerned. So all that lies ahead are great opportunities for those delving into the sector now either as an investor, an employee, a promoter even as an educationist for the future is so assured. The potentials are enormous.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 11:41am On Aug 04, 2017
Now before we push forward, let's briefly understand tourism with a view in a layman perspective. Although this could be found with just the aid of Google, but let me briefly drop it just for the sake of the thread.

Again, although several individuals has designed tourism in different ways, but let's use this very one first as we will discuss more in the course of the thread.

TOURISM: THIS IS DEFINED AS AN ACTIVITY THAT INVOLVES THE MOVEMENT OF INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP FROM THEIR USUAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE TO ANOTHER ENVIRONMENT FOR A STAY EITHER FOR BUSINESS OR PLEASURE.

With the above definition, we can deduce the areas that concern with tourism. It shows tourism is about movement of persons from one point to another and the said person must spend at least a night outside his usual abode in the course of the movement. Tourism can also be likened to the zeal of appreciating the nature in the aspect of site-seeing-going to places to see beautiful natural environments.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2017
Also, tourism entails attraction, attraction in the sense of what can make people leave their usual place of abode and come to where the attraction is sighted. The attraction in this case could be the medical facilities where people have to travel far and wide to a state or country which such facilities are in place to attend to medical issues. The commonest of such is the one Nigerian politicians and well-to-do individuals normally embark on to india, Germany, Spain, Italy including the very one President Buhari is currently in London for.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2017
Are you reading it? Then like and comment as we move on. Seun, mund44, lalasticlala etc you can also do this to promote tourism in your dear country. Contribute your quota to the development of tourism in the country. We have a lot to discuss here.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2017
We have types and forms of tourism.
They are basically two types of tourism namely:
International Tourism and Domestic Tourism.

International Tourism: as the name implies, this is an aspect of tourism that has to with international traveling e.g. from one country to another. For example, when a Nigerian travels to another country e.g. Spain for business, medical, educational, leisure or any other purpose, that is an international tourism.

Domestic Tourism: as the name entails, domestic tourism is the movement of individuals or groups from one place to another but within the same country e.g. traveling from Calabar to Abuja for business, medical, educational, leisure or any other purpose.

Our next post shall be on the forms of tourism. Happy reading.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by haroldlewis2: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2017
Quite pleasant post. Video and clasps are assuming an awesome part in the present web based promoting. They can draw in more customers and clients to your site and help them to impart distinctive intriguing data to each other.research paper writing services UK I will request to help me with this product for my site as well.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
haroldlewis2:
Quite pleasant post. Video and clasps are assuming an awesome part in the present web based promoting. They can draw in more customers and clients to your site and help them to impart distinctive intriguing data to each other.research paper writing services UK I will request to help me with this product for my site as well.

No problem. Always get back to me whenever you need help.
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by haroldlewis2: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
Pls hold on for me as I have no opportunity to kick-begin the principle part of the string. That will come right away when I am less occupied. God favo Dissertation service in uk
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by haroldlewis2: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
noha mp3 download, noha mp3, nohay 2016, Nohy, nohay 2017, noha, Nohay, nadeem sarwar 2016, New nohay 2017, nohay download, nadeem sarwar 2017, Nohay mp3, noha download, new nohay 2016 download, ali mola farhan ali waris mp3 download, Video Majlis Maulana Mohammad Ali Naqvi
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by Chiemerie2: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
Please house ...am on my finals in hospitality and tourism management in university of port harcourt level 400 me and my group are writing 3000 pages of article on Research method in tourism with foreign reference required form professors in prominent universities.
Al...
any link or article on research method in tourism u know that can be helpful please I need ur help send it to chiemerieudennaka@yahoo.com
Re: Let's discuss and promote hospitality and tourism industry in nigeria by TourismMan(m): 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
Chiemerie2:
Please house ...am on my finals in hospitality and tourism management in university of port harcourt level 400 me and my group are writing 3000 pages of article on Research method in tourism with foreign reference required form professors in prominent universities.
Al...
any link or article on research method in tourism u know that can be helpful please I need ur help send it to chiemerieudennaka@yahoo.com

Do you know one Dr. Eja? I think he is now associate professor.

(1) (Reply)

Come In And Give Your Solution / Top Best School Of Nursing In Nigeria / How To Print Jamb Admission Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.