Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,617 members, 7,926,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 11:26 PM

Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. (615 Views)

It Is Hard Interacting With Envious People, Everything You Do Or Say / The Envious Eyes Behind Me / How Do I Get Rid Of An Envious Female Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by seguntijan(m): 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Do know where this should be either family or romance section but please Mod help in pushing this to front page it is a life scenario.

I and some colleagues about 8 of us were in a mutual friend house over the weekend with his babe and some of her friends also. We were discussing so many things been a gathering of youth and intellectuals, so my friend brought up HND and Bsc dichotomy and we were all deliberating on it. My friend been an ND and Bsc holder and a very analytical person started giving reasons why Bsc shouldn't be compared to HND and his babe been an HND holder started opposing it as expected, others were contributing also and the argument got to a point the babe told my friend to find a Bsc holder to date but we all took it as a joke because we all were in jokes mood. As I was about going, my friend and his babe walked me down to the bus stop so I can take a bus to my destination, on our way going my friend was now trying to say the issue is everyone should just be prayerful and diligent in all his doing but his babe told him that she really mean what she said that Bsc holder should go for Bsc while HND holder should go for HND. I took it as a joke also and we laughed.
I was chatting with my friend today and we were whining each other then I asked him about his babe, to my surprise he said do I know since the matter, his babe has been cold to him since weekend and the way he's seeing the relationship she's really breaking up.
Though they just met this year and to be sincere some of us are proud of their love life, in fact that's why we like converging in their place and they've been God fearing in their own capacity but I see this as a confusing issue and my friend said she has threatened to break up about 4 times before now, he'll always try to ask reason but the girl always says she's just joking, but this one she confidently told him that she mean it and she's going to stand by it.
Re: Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by pocohantas(f): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
Your friend was insensitive to bring up such a touchy issue in her presence. In arguments that directly applies to one's life, especially one that seems to denigrate you...people tend to become more sentimental than logical.

I am sure, he wouldn't find it funny if his girlfriend seriously starts arguing how 2.2 graduates are inferior to 2.1 and first class, that's in a situation he had a 2.2. This is a very sensitive topic, even on Nairaland.

The girl on her part took it more personal because it happened in public and he ended up making a mockery of her educational status. I wouldn't blame her for this at all. She acted the way lots of us would act in that situation. I only fault her for not being logical, HND should never be equated to B.Sc. If I were her, I would have taken my argument from a logical aspect...highlighting the good sides of a polytechnic.

The mistake has happened. He should just apologise to her...
The argument made her feel insecure and belittled in front of you all. Probably you guys were all B.Sc holders. She blurted out the only thing she thinks would hurt your friend...I don't think she means it, a reassurance would do.

Why does she keep breaking up? Unstable much?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by seguntijan(m): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
pocohantas:
Your friend was insensitive to bring up such a touchy issue in her presence.

this is not the first time we'll be discussing this issue and we've always been joking about it and our conclusion always end up with a motivating words.
Re: Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Was the mumu girl comparing HND and Bsc?. grin That's by the way, I think perhaps your friend must have talked down on HND holders which she being one perceived as an insult, or let me say, she took the conversation personal. If she's breaking up for that; he should let her be oh, you can't force a relationship on someone.
Re: Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by pocohantas(f): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benita27:
Was the mumu girl comparing HND and Bsc?. grin That's by the way, I think perhaps your friend must have talked down on HND holders which she being one perceived as an insult or let me say she took the conversation personal. If she's breaking up for that; he should let her be oh, you can't force a relationship on someone.

They always do...even here on NL. They'll come for you...run.

seguntijan:

this is not the first time we'll be discussing this issue and we've always been joking about it and our conclusion always end up with a motivating words.

This must be the first time your friend struck where it hurts with unrivalled precision... grin grin
Re: Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
The way people break up cos of petty reasons these days is very funny, I wonder why they enter relationship at the first place.

Anyway, tell the guy to find new babe, she has low self esteem cos of her HND and if she really wants to go, she can use the door. No need to be chasing shadows.
Re: Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Excuse! The lady is obviously making up something to break the relationship. No woman in love will go that far to show her displeasure in a partner's utterance.

1 Like

Re: Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
pocohantas:

They always do...even here on NL. They'll come for you...run.

This must be the first time your friend struck where it hurts with unrivalled precision... grin grin
It's like arguing which is better between a PHD and an Msc holder. grin mumu argument.

Any HND holder that quotes me with rubbish will be ignored henceforth.
Re: Bsc And HND Dichotomy Is About To Break An Envious Relationship. by pocohantas(f): 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benita27:
It's like arguing which is better between a PHD and an Msc holder. grin mumu argument.

Any HND holder that quotes me with rubbish will be ignored henceforth.
LOL.
Ah beg pity the girl. Maybe she was the only one arguing in favour of HND...with the remaining people seriously countering her.

Thank God she no cry sef...

(1) (Reply)

What Haven't You Seen On The Internet? / You Ll Love This / Discover These Ten Quotes To Help You Say I Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.