Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,439 members, 7,881,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:41 AM

A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust (1441 Views)

Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics / Clark - Jonathan Can Not Be Stopped In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2010
MAJOR-GENERAL MOHAMMED ABDULLAHI (RTD)

At least on the interim, this is an intelligence expert Jonathan can trust

Don't ask me why, just do your own research but I think this guy has always been part of the better part of Nigeria's chequered military history

He was head of NSO and DMI when Obasanjo handed over to Civillian President Shagari, he was also the National Security Adviser when Abdusallami Abubakar handed over to Civilian President Obasanjo. These things I don't think are mere co-incidence.

I think he is a progressive intelligence expert.

As Chief of Staff to Yar'adua before he resigned he stood up to Aondoakaa a few times before he was frustrated out of office.

A statement signed by Special Adviser to the President on Communications, Olusegun Adeniyi stated that Yar’Adua in accepting Gen. Mohammed’s resignation, praised the outgoing Chief of Staff’s immense patriotism and dedication to national service.
The President thanked Mohammed for his enormous contributions to the present Administration in the past year, and to national development in the course of a remarkable public service career spanning many decades within and outside the Armed Forces.
Gen. Mohammed’s resignation is with effect from Monday, June 2, 2008.
Mohammed came into political limelight as a member of the corps of crack colonels in the army who effected the change of government in which the then Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon was toppled in a bloodless military coup and General Murtala Muhammed took over. He was then made the director general of the Nigeria Security Organisation (NSO) and later, director of military intelligence.
After General Obasanjo handed over to elected civilians in 1979, Muhammed retired from the army and went into private business. He was managing director of Atoto Press in Ilorin, his home town.
He was recalled from retirement in 1998 when General Abdusalami Abubakar took over as head of state following the demise of General Sani Abacha. Muhammed served as national security adviser to that government. When former President Olusegun Obasanjo was elected, he retained General Muhammed and made him chief of staff.
Yar'Adua also re-appointed him as Chief of Staff when he assumed office on May 29, 2007, meaning that he had spent close to a decade in the presidency serving three leaders.
Some analysts believed he was retained by Yar'Adua on the basis that he would help to achieve smooth transition between the Obasanjo Presidency and its succeeding administration. He is reputed to have served as institutional memory for Yar'Adua in the running of government in the past one year.
His reappointment by Yar'Adua was also said to be the government’s way of staving off the pressure from politicians including former governors and ministers seeking to be appointed into the position which has now become more influential than many other non-elected key offices in government.
He was said to have agreed to serve for only six months in the present administration before retiring. Then, Dr Tanimu Yakubu Kurfi, a close confidant of President Yar'Adua was appointed deputy chief of staff to understudy Muhammed and subsequently take over.
Kurfi was later moved out of Aso Rock to become special adviser on economic affairs to the president. With his deep involvement in economic issues on behalf of the president, Kurfi may not be interested in administrative issues now.
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
Meanwhile NSA Sarki Mukhtar needs to go

He has been involved in Yar'adua's unholy activities

He is a core member of the Kitchen Cabinet holding us down.
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by naijaking1: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2010
Is there no rtd southern officer who could take this job. This position must not become a northern position.
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 10, 2010
naijaking1:

Is there no rtd southern officer who could take this job. This position must not become a northern position.

Well Rt General Andrew Owoye Azazzi is from Bayelsa

Jonathan can also make that choice if he likes

or if you have anybody advice us.

Just want to see the back of Sarki Mukhtar
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2010
@Mikeansy,Without trying to play to the gallary or grandstand, i will wish to appreciate the deep rooted understanding approach, u have brought to bear , while canvassing ur own point of view on topics under discourse here. I have read with curiousity, ur copiously spread statements of opinion and concluded that i am not in any illusion when i adjure u my finest writer here and my model. I am pleased to observe that u are well grounded in politics and equally intelligent. Ur choice of word is quite educative and ur knowlege, versatile. Keep it up. I admire u in no small manner! It is not my desire whatsoever, to deviate the main aim of this thread.
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by blacksta(m): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2010
Johnpaul88:

@Mikeansy,Without trying to play to the gallary or grandstand, i will wish to appreciate the deep rooted understanding approach, u have brought to bear , while canvassing your own point of view on topics under discourse here. I have read with curiousity, your copiously spread statements of opinion and concluded that i am not in any illusion when i adjure u my finest writer here and my model. I am pleased to observe that u are  well grounded in politics and equally intelligent. your choice of word is quite educative and your knowlege, versatile. Keep it up. I admire u in no small manner! It is not my desire whatsoever, to deviate the main aim of this thread.

My God see backside licker ( just a joke)   - truth must be said  - your writings are surrounded by grounded facts - another NL writer i look out for is "Gbawe"  . Please dont let your heads swell  - if you slack in your writings  - I will attack you   grin
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by naijaking1: 10:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
mikeansy:

Well Rt General Andrew Owoye Azazzi is from Bayelsa

Jonathan can also make that choice if he likes

or if you have anybody advice us.

Just want to see the back of Sarki Mukhtar

I agree with Gen. Azazzi, and I'm sure there must be others. This post must not become one of those "northerner only" positions like Min. for FCT.
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by kobojunky(f): 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2010
I agree with Gen. Azazzi, and I'm sure there must be others. This post must not become one of those "northerner only" positions like Min. for FCT.

The presidency belongs to Yaradua and not GoodLuck.

what happens to GoodLuck when Yaradua come back in August?

We should think well before we act!
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by egift(m): 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2010
kobojunky:

In August, abi? No problem. He will first of all explain to me why he abandon his duty post. Only after then I will let him know that I "employed" someone else to get the country dusted, oiled and running again.
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by naijaking1: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2010
kobojunky:

Nope angry
The presidency belongs to the Nigerian people.
Re: A National Security Adviser Jonathan Can Trust by OYBMEND: 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
AK Horsfall is a spy chief

(1) (Reply)

Yerima’s Bride Is Daughter Of His Egyptian Driver ! / Armed Robbery Attacks: Banks Still Under Lock In Aba / Of Criticism, Progressivism And Political Puritanism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.