Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,439 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:38 AM

4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces (23281 Views)

78 Private Universities Ready To Resume - Nwajiuba, Education Minister Of State / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865 / FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by syncACE(m): 7:38am On Aug 04, 2017
remi1444:
could this be the reason why jamb official cut off mark has not yet been released?
this has nothing to do with jamb cut off na...besides you should be after your school's cut off not jamb's cut off
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by CHIZZYCHEALSEA: 7:39am On Aug 04, 2017
empty talk d last administration built six federal universities.in addition to alamajiri sch u have nt even commisioned any projet useless government
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by ITbomb(m): 7:39am On Aug 04, 2017
You are wrong
HenryDion:
What the hell.. You guys should establish more job opportunities. Those who have graduated are yet to get a job and what is our beloved govt doing? Creating more universities. I think the main purpose of university was to keep youths off the street. Quote me if I'm wrong.

www.entmirror.com
If you read the article, you will see that they are specialized universities
Graduates from those universities won't be looking for jobs after graduation

1 Like

Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Odogwu042(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2017
Misplaced priority!!!
This country is cursed
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by presh001: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2017
thesicilian:
What's the use of establishing new institutions every day when the standard of the available ones is nothing to write home about?
job employment
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 04, 2017
ITbomb:
You are wrong
If you read the article, you will see that they are specialized universities
Graduates from those universities won't be looking for jobs after graduation

If so, then it's commendable.. Didn't read I fully lol cheesy
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by martineverest(m): 7:56am On Aug 04, 2017
remi1444:
could this be the reason why jamb official cut off mark has not yet been released?
just look at ur question.... It shows u don't have brain... I'm sorry for u
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by DJInfluence: 8:01am On Aug 04, 2017
thesicilian:
What's the use of establishing new institutions every day when the standard of the available ones is nothing to write home about?
Thinking the exact same thing. 2 years after establishing the Unis, they won´t even be able to pay the lecturers. rather than waste money on new ones, why not maintain the current ones?

Now i am 120% sure that our policies makers are smooking something that is not healthy or they are doing this with the interior motive to steal our money by inflating the contracts.
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by oz4real83(m): 8:02am On Aug 04, 2017
We keep on building more universities that keep producing half-baked graduates. When will this stop? In a society where everyone wants to go to the university immediately after high school/secondary school,something must be wrong with that society. It shows that the quality of the secondary school education received is poor. It also shows that the quality of tertiary education is very low,cheap and hence easily accessible to everybody. In civilised societies,the quality of secondary school education is so high that u can get a very good job with your secondary school certificate. No wonder people like Bill gates,Mark zuckerberg and others already had good foundations because of the quality of pre-tertiary education they had received.Students in high schools in civilised societies are already doing wonders while graduates from Nigerian universities are lagging behind. People dont bother much about university education in civilised societies. They only do if they can afford it but it doesnt stop them from getting good jobs with their high school certificates. Nigeria must move away from building more universities to improving quality of pre tertiary education.
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by breakeven: 8:04am On Aug 04, 2017

thesicilian:
It is the continuation of the destruction of our education.
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by mechanics(m): 8:06am On Aug 04, 2017
What's the purpose of NDA, why establishing new university for the army again?
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by barnabas91: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2017
HenryDion:
What the hell.. You guys should establish more job opportunities. Those who have graduated are yet to get a job and what is our beloved govt doing? Creating more universities. I think the main purpose of university was to keep youths off the street. Quote me if I'm wrong.

www.entmirror.com
more job opportunities you say.
who will work in those universities, zombies?
Think of the number of teaching and non teaching staffs it will provide. dont talk anyhow

1 Like

Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Taeewo(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2017
CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 04, 2017
barnabas91:

more job opportunities you say.
who will work in those universities, zombies?
Think of the number of teaching and non teaching staffs it will provide. dont talk anyhow

How many job opportunities can it offer? Is there no other establishment that can offer more? Graduates are the ones deep in this shackles of unemployment, do you think they have a chance being lecturers or teachers in this institution?
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 04, 2017
DrayZee:
All these people talking about old ones being underfunded, you are not totally correct.

Many of these universities are actually provided enough funds. But you'll see their VC's and other people in the Senate diverting money from intended projects to their pockets.

There is one university in particular that I know. The former VC had been working on some projects, though they were moving slowly. As the new VC came, he abandoned all those ones and started his own projects.
If things like this are happening, how do you expect the universities to have a proper standard?
Absolutely correct
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by cheta02(m): 8:34am On Aug 04, 2017
The big question should be what are these universities going to dwell on ? What departments ? Structures ? Laboratories ? Research ? ICT ? The list is endless..
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by grafitti(m): 8:42am On Aug 04, 2017
Misplaced priorities everywhere!
The ones we have already, how well have they bn managed. The graduates from d existing ones, which job has it fetched majority of them!

What Nigeria/Nigerians needs now is skilkz acquisition/Entrepreneurship, pure and simple, not all these 'whale' projects.

What's d purpose of spending wasting 16 years minimum (6-3-3-4) to acquire a paper (that's indirectly non-useful to meeting ur basic needs), u nay end up answering sir to a non-educated but highly skilled illiterate boss?

Many entrepreneurs/traders/skilled artisans who've never seen d 4 walls of a classroom are 'controling tinz' while many 'educated' (sic) folks are roaming d streets in search of few/nonexisting jobs.

#Team_skill_acquisition
#Team_encourage/develop_vocational_schools
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by TheVictorious(m): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2017
Yea, we sure need military university but hope the academic standard for approval of a new university is not watered down because these are federal (they do this a lot for government owned institutions as against what people think of their private counterparts; even though many are actually culpable). It's not necessarily about having more schools but having institutions that can compete favorably globally. Maintain the quality (which is already even low and needs improvement) while attempting to improve the quality. Statsocial, what's your take on the emboldened?
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Dollabiz: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2017
What happens to.high umeployment rate
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2017
Coventry University will hold an OPEN DAY EVENT IN NIGERIA COME AUGUST 11,12 and 13

Details below:

Venue:
LAGOS: Protea Hotel, plot 2 Assbifi Road, Opposite Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos.

Date: Friday August 11, 2017. Time: 3-6pm

ABUJA: Newton Park Hotel Annex, Plot 24 Alexandra Close Wuse 2, Abuja off Ahmadu Bello Way by Bannex Junction.

Date: Saturday August 12, 2017. Time: 3-6pm

PORT HARCOURT: Golden Tulip Hotel No 1C , Evo Crescent, GRA phase 2, Port Harcourt Rivers State.

Date: Sunday August 13, 2017. Time: 3-6pm

ENTRY IS FREE!!!!!

They said you will get all info and apply direct.

Come with your academic documents.

Credit: from Bella naija
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Lisaint(m): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed
Good.

The half baked ones we have are not enough.. Please create more substandard universities to produce more half baked graduates, universities then becomes underfunded and ASUU will go on strike, universities will go the pact of our great lautech. Our students will now stay at home for nine months. Some will look up to hushpuppi to become him and our ladies will continue to slay their life away and become a future babymama with the baby flown out to study political science, the babies will come back to Nigeria to lead and make another halfbaked law and propositions like build more schools or corruption is not stealing or immunity and amnesty should be given to looters..

And the remaining half baked or unfortunate ones whose mothers wasnt smart enough to be a babymama will come to nairaland and rant his life away about how the country's politicians are not fair and others will quote, mention, like or attack them..
While others will hide under Jesus to save them.

And the cycle will continue again by telling us Nigeria go better one day.

Arise O compatriots, it is almost 8'o clock

Outdated
Its After 9 now
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by win2kwire: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2017
stupid Africans, university cannot teach Nigerians commonsense!
instead use the money to setup a ministry of commonsense or technology training centres like in India!!!

learning java, C++ programming and testing is better than those useless mass comm and sociology degrees Nigerians carry around!

1 Like

Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by wildchild02: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2017
but we have Admiralty University which is known as Maritime Uiversity owned by Nigerian N avy
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by remi1444: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2017
syncACE:

this has nothing to do with jamb cut off na...besides you should be after your school's cut off not jamb's cut off
I think my choice institution is awaiting jamb cutoff b4 the sale of screening form.
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by remi1444: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2017
martineverest:
just look at ur question.... It shows u don't have brain... I'm sorry for u
As a well cultured Edo/Yoruba child its wrong to counter or insult our seniors even when they step on our toe. So I wouldn't say anything to you.
Moreover happenings in my choice institution prompted me to ask that question. #peace

1 Like

Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2017
While the existing ones decay and rot away ??

Africa oh Africa !
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2017
win2kwire:
stupid Africans, university cannot teach Nigerians commonsense!
instead use the money to setup a ministry of commonsense or technology training centres like in India!!!

learning java, C++ programming and testing is better than those ueless mass comm and sociology degrees Nigerians carry around!

With all the degrees and professional qualifications our leaders have they don't have the common sense to properly govern a country, this in itself speaks volumes, education is not the same thing as common sense.
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by win2kwire: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2017
frosbel2:

With all the degrees and professional qualifications our leaders have they don't have the common sense to properly govern a country, this in itself speaks volumes, education is not the same thing as common sense.

You have a point, but "our leaders" is not the problem of Nigeria, the CITIZENS are.

our leaders dont elect themselves, CITIZENS DO!
our leaders dont stay in power if they are not good, CITIZENS allow them to
our leaders do not steal money, mismanage without the conivance of CITIZENS

BOTTOMLINE, the problem of Nigeria = CITIZENS!
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by martineverest(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2017
remi1444:
As a well cultured Edo/Yoruba child its wrong to counter or insult our seniors even when they step on our toe. So I wouldn't say anything to you.
Moreover happenings in my choice institution prompted me to ask that question. #peace
schooling in ekpoma doesn't make u claim edo

I replied ur precious comment because it didn't follow with the thread
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by remi1444: 9:50am On Aug 04, 2017
martineverest:
schooling in ekpoma doesn't make u claim edo

I replied ur precious comment because it didn't follow with the thread
am a bonafide Edo-ian(if there exist any word as such). I made the comment because jamb claimed there should be a policy meeting before official cut off mark, this meeting needs the presence of the MIN. OF EDUCATION. So I mentioned if it was because of this new university that the meeting has not been held. #peace.
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by martineverest(m): 9:56am On Aug 04, 2017
remi1444:
am a bonafide Edo-ian(if there exist any word as such). I made the comment because jamb claimed there should be a policy meeting before official cut off mark, this meeting needs the presence of the MIN. OF EDUCATION. So I mentioned if it was because of this new university that the meeting has not been held. #peace.
edo here too, but the universities mentioned haven't been commissioned yet
Re: 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces by remi1444: 10:02am On Aug 04, 2017
martineverest:
edo here too, but the universities mentioned haven't been commissioned yet
this might be my last quote to you. boss you getting my point from the wrong perspective, though it hasn't been commissioned so no executive meeting, conferences are being held in respect to the institution?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU Begins Renovation Of Dilapidated Hostels / JAMB Has Embarrassed Education Minister, Adamu - Official / Where Can One Learn German Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.