Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,633 members, 7,905,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 11:15 AM

Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN (8172 Views)

Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Soyinka Blasts Muslim Leaders Over Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by eros(m): 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
God bless you Prof. what we need right now is someone that will make all manners of machine guns, fighter jets and all the weaponry in the world available to the Nigerian Youth to kill everyone of these animals called Senators, Legislators etc. Voting out the ruling party isn't enough, getting rid of all of them is the only option. Let's do it the Rawlings way. Stand up Nigerian Youths and fight for your future.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by deb(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
I watched the interview live and Wole Soyinka was splendid while Aondo[b]madness[/b] made a fool of himself
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by ochukoccna: 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2010
SOYINKA: Well, let me begin by saying that I just sit here astonished that someone in a responsible position, like Aondoakaa, can come here and talk from all four compass points of his mouth. He's told so many untruths.

With a punch line like that, you need not wonder again why Aondaka was 'promoted shocked shocked grin grin' to the Special Duties Ministry. Even Pac couldn't have dropped a better diss line in his lyrics. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by blackcypha(m): 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
legba1:

One of my poblem with our crop of youth is that we dont care about revolution.or may be we too like life.and if we should continue like this,our children will have us to blame.we're just too relax.
actually we do, we only care about REVOLUTION WHEN OUR RELIGIOUSLY FANATICAL YOUTHS PICK UP WEAPONS AND SLAUGTHER THEIR FELLOW YOUTHS  BECOS OF ETHNIC /RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE.
But when it comes to REAL REVOLUTION AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT WHO OPPRESSES US.AND DESTROYS OUR FUTURE  THEY SIT BACK AND SAY :GOD IS IN CONTROL:
Actually, i feel religion is a blessin and a curse in nigeria,
I hope we break up TODAY,i cant wait till 2015 b/cos this country is going down the drains but we youths just dont see it
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
Bongo_man:

For inventing cultism the epitome of youthful killings and political thuggery into our universities and campuses right?

Hello intelligent minds are talking here not mofos like you
Apparently you are the type that doesnt learn on their own, your teacher must have told u that in school right, Muttalab oshi
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2010
Mr Mani, my previous mai guard (Bless his soul) would say when you stamp on a cockroach, drag your foot over it so you are sure it is crushed beyond recovery, otherwise when you come back in the evening, it has recovered and gone back into the kitchen. At moments like these you would wonder why not Strike the iron while it is hot   Sack him, Arrest him, Impeach David Mark and Timipre Sylva, Arrest Jang and Farida Waziri ASAP  wink

This is a politically advantageous position that can easily swing out of JGL's favor as soon as the tide is out. majority of the governors ad NAS are moving in one general direction, MEND is adding spice to the broth, Core North is clueless on what the future holds, we have USA pulling her diplomatic might to bear on the outcome of this drama, we have our South-South governors especially the Niger-Delta South eager to usher in a new era of unlimited looting and largess-hoarding with the Armed Forces not sure how to approach the possibility of losing their testicular grip on the nation's polity (from behind the scenes and on the NAS) and so far, everyone has moved on, UMYA is as dead as a refrigerated vegetable and Turai can see the writing on the wall. it is time to go without any complaint or struggle.

What JGL needs to be fully aware of is that he has very little political alliances and he can quickly build on that by forming a coalition of Activists (Falana, Soyinka etc), Military apologists (IBB, Buhari, Gowon) and the Sokoto Caliphate  grin (the North is not as united as you think). He should engage the youths from his ethnic region (as backup) and the Reps  as a check against the NAS.  He must begin to make noise about probes and investigations, Some reshuffling needs to be put in place in the Armed Forces because we have young, disciplined and progressive soldiers who are not like their power-drunk, fat-bellied corrupt generals littering the Air-force, Navy, Police and Army.

There is much work to be done in a short time (and he is not comfortable in that seat and many know it) He must assert himself before the elections otherwise, he will be just another Ernest Shonekan or Abdulsallami (the bleedin thief). and we would be non the better for it.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by IboMan1(m): 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2010
truly it should be "out with Aondokaa" and out of the corridors of power
for him.
its a bit uncomfortable for me when some bothers well seated in diaspora
stay ere and call for a break up in naija. Granted alot is amiss but a breakup?
do we really understand what it means to split and the consequence.?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by intom: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
our leaders should be matured in all the areas of their life, including how they talk.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Bongoman1: 7:21pm On Feb 11, 2010
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by onyx79(m): 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
Oandoakaa or whatever he calls himself is a big irony!
the minister of justice as the chief liar of the federation.
the guy stares white at the face and insists its black!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by ddiamond(f): 7:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
tunde300us:

Wole soyinka invented a fraternity that does its thing in the open and not dark and hidden places like its been done now with evil intents.
If we go by your theory,maybe the people who started the (internet,computer,yahoo etc) too should also be hanged cos most nigerian youths are now yahoo yahoo boyz !
I know some ppl will drift from the topic no matter what ,my friend go nd get a life

^^^^true yarn^^^^
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by charlyP1: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2010
Aondokaa, well, GOOD riddance to BAD rubbish if you ask me.No,dont ask me.Im telling you.I would also here, like to advise that Soyinka goes back to his encyclopaedia of words to get harsher adjectives to describe Aondokaa, Aondokaa has gone.Many more should go starting with the rude and incompetent Ojo Madueke
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by egift(m): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2010
Good one there. Thank you Soyinka - for dishing it out for him.

Now that he is the special duties "minister" (that means he cuts Goodlucks grass, washes Goodlucks car, cleans Goodlucks wife's kitchen etc). The Nigeria of ours will rise again.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by FARAMADE(m): 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2010
Watch the video here

http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/wole-soyinka-and-michael-aondoakaa-on-cnn/567022294

It is sad that we can only get information out of our so called leaders via foreign media.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by nethacker(m): 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2010
Bongo_man:

For inventing cultism the epitome of youthful killings and political thuggery into our universities and campuses right?
Bongoman or wats ur name.pls jst shut up if u hv nothing meaningful to contribute angry angry angry angry  did soyinka drag or force dem youth to join or bucca? wat a rubbish!!  angry  u talk like another aondoakka
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by lovejo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
Another new word has been added to the dictionary: YAR'ADUA(n)>> 1. A person or animal who abandon his/her people for a long time.
2: State of abandonment.
3: A state of being silent. Usage examples> My girlfriend has put me in Yar'Adua; Why d Yar'Adua, Is everything ok? ; Yar'Adua is the best answer to a Fool.

Stupid andoakaa.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
Bongo_man:

Cursing and swearing on people who don't share same mindset with you makes you intelligent. Be glad you are.

This is not about sharing mindset, but wat common sense wants from you, even a day old baby know that Wole Soyinka dint invent the type of cultism we have now in our universities and campuses.

Read history and get your facts straight
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by sulad82i(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2010
May God help Nigeria in this trying time.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by nethacker(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
ifedy:

This is not about sharing mindset, but wat common sense wants from you, even a day old baby know that Wole Soyinka dint invent the type of cultism we have now in our universities and campuses right?

Read history and get your facts straight
thank u jare wink grin
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by rasputinn(m): 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
Having watched the post FEC interview of that bastarrd called Michael Andoaka,I concluded Jonathan may have made his first mistake as acting president;the mistake of still retaining Andoaka in the exco,he ought to have sacked him outright

It's said that in executive politicking/warfare,once you identify your enemy,you proceed to destroy him;quickly and thoroughly,so he doesn't have the opportunity to plot his revenge

However,President Jonathan(forget about the acting part,Yar Adua will soon die and he won't come back to that office) only demoted the id.iot called Andoaka and the f.o.o.l has not hidden his disdain,disloyalty and hatred for Jonathan as he has repeatedly referred to him as the"vice president"

I wish Jonathan will read this my piece,Mr President,it's not too late for you to correct yourself by sacking that dingbat Andoaka as well as dissolve the entire cabinet and quickly reconstitute another one with people that you trust or that have openly shown their loyalty to you,this is theonly way to avoid moles,fifth columnists and enemies within
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Arte: 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
If we have brilliant, honest men like Soyinka rising from the soil of Nigeria, how ever did we get stuck with a legislative truckload of foolish, thieving, diabolical, wicked, incompetent leaders like Yaradua and co at the top?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by bibiking1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2010
I find it disheartening (as most of you have) to be sordidly reminded that the ones fighting for a better Nigeria are Octogenerians and older folks, it is a clear indicant of the blase and listless attitude the youths (yours sincerely included) exude towards issues of national issues.
On the one hand is a Soyinka fighting, on the other hand are the Aondooakaa's (or whatever annoying name his mother cast oh him) the Rilwan Lukmans, the Yayale's, the Madueke's who are also well past their prime ages. Basically, the youths are still not being given the opportunity to love Nigeria (either as villians or heros).
There is a programmed attempt to stiffle the rising of the youths! While many would argue that it is the youths that ought to break free from this suppression, it is also necessary to note that the force being exerted in the silencing campaign is unprecedented!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by 3kay945(m): 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2010
aodonakaa is going to become yaradua becos  IT going to be silent for a long+time as ministr of special duties. animal.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Arte: 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2010
bibiking1:

I find it disheartening (as most of you have) to be sordidly reminded that the ones fighting for a better Nigeria are Octogenerians and older folks, it is a clear indicant of the blase and listless attitude the youths (yours sincerely included) exude towards issues of national issues.
On the one hand is a Soyinka fighting, on the other hand are the Aondooakaa's (or whatever annoying name his mother cast oh him) the Rilwan Lukmans, the Yayale's, the Madueke's who are also well past their prime ages. Basically, the youths are still not being given the opportunity to love Nigeria (either as villians or heros).
There is a programmed attempt to stiffle the rising of the youths! While many would argue that it is the youths that ought to break free from this suppression, it is also necessary to note that the force being exerted in the silencing campaign is unprecedented!
Guilty as charged. I find myself thinking about this very point often, but at a serious lack of hope or faith that any undertaking will be met and rewarded with measurable change.

I just saw this video few moments ago: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-396947.0.html

In a country where the police force, sworn and entrusted with serving and protecting the people, can leisurely make rounds about neighborhoods, pick at randomn anyone they deem suspicious, and then proceed to ruthlessly execute them in full view of the public - and yet face no swift response from the law - because they are the law - what hope is there for the foreseeable future that anything will change for the better?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by beewhyfocs(m): 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2010
Bongo_man:

Stop your 'mutallabism' and be careful of what u talk from the 4 cardinal points of your mouth.

Wole Soyinka introduced a conferaternity that was recognised by the institution. Albeit, people without direction turned it to a secret cult. So get your fact straight.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
Bongo_man:

Cursing and swearing on people who don't share same mindset with you makes you intelligent. Be glad you are.

It seems am not the only one taking offence in what u said. I will just speak like Wole Soyinka: Next time  dont "come here and talk from all four compass points of your mouth"   tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
Arté:

If we have brilliant, honest men like Soyinka rising from the soil of Nigeria, how ever did we get stuck with a legislative truckload of foolish, thieving, diabolical, wicked, incompetent leaders like Yaradua and co at the top?
bibiking1:

Please l;et dm fight o. It is their generation that grounded this nation.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by chelseabmw(m): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
angry
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by ayettymama(f): 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2010
I am overly in love with this man!

i agree, i in fact think yaradua is dead and has been so for a long time

hence why they were talkin abt brain damage

they have ,managed to hide him soo well its near impossible!

maybe there is a chance for that God forsaken country afterall!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by vislabraye(m): 11:53pm On Feb 11, 2010
Please where can we hire a private detective. We need to sort out where Yar Adua's is hiding. .
Re: Soyinka Blasts Aondokaa On CNN by ayettymama(f): 12:00am On Feb 12, 2010
^^ looooooooooooool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players / INEC Issues Certificates Of Return To 40 Lagos House Of Assembly Members-elect / 2023: Can PDP Bounce Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.