Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,807 members, 7,976,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 06:00 PM

OFFICIAL: Neymar Joins Paris Saint-germain On A World Record Deal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / OFFICIAL: Neymar Joins Paris Saint-germain On A World Record Deal (389 Views)

Neymar Joins A Game Of Table Football Against Thiago Silva And Marcelo / Photos: Neymar's Arrival @ Paris Saint Germain / Breaking News : Neymar Joins PSG On '€222m Move Deal' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OFFICIAL: Neymar Joins Paris Saint-germain On A World Record Deal by Omobolajiatanda(m): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
Paris St-Germain sign Barcelona forward for world record 222m euros on a five-year contract, the player will wear the No.10 shirt.

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior, born on 5 February 1992, is commonly known as Neymar or Neymar Jr. He came into prominence at an early age at Santos, where he made his professional debut aged 17.

He helped the club win two successive Campeonato Paulista championships, a Copa do Brasil, and the 2011 Copa Libertadores, Santos' first continental title since 1963. In total, Neymar has made 134 appearances for Santos, achieving 70 goals and 38 assists.

Neymar was twice named the South American Footballer of the Year, in 2011 and 2012, before relocating to Europe to join Barcelona. As part of Barça's attacking trio with Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez, he won the continental treble of La Liga, the Copa del Rey, and the UEFA Champions League in the 2014–15 season, followed the next year by the domestic double. He came third for the FIFA Ballon d'Or in 2015.

In the international level, with 52 goals in 77 matches for Brazil since debuting at age 18, Neymar is the fourth-highest goalscorer for his national team.

He was a key player in Brazil's victories at the 2011 South American Youth Championship, which he finished as the leading goalscorer, and the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup, where he won the Golden Ball as player of the tournament. His participation in the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2015 Copa América was cut short by injury and a suspension respectively, but the next year he captained Brazil to their first Olympic gold medal in men's football at the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Known for his dribbling, finishing, and ability with both feet, Neymar has earned comparisons to former Brazil and Santos forward Pelé.

Off the pitch, he ranks among the world's most prominent sportsmen; SportsPro named him the most marketable athlete in the world in 2012 and 2013, and ESPN cited him as the world's fourth-most famous athlete in 2016.

"I am extremely happy to join Paris Saint-Germain,” said Neymar in a statement on the French club’s website. “Since I arrived in Europe, the club has always been one of the most competitive and most ambitious.

“And the biggest challenge, what most motivated me to join my new team-mates is to help the club to conquer the titles that their fans want.

“Paris Saint-Germain’s ambition attracted me to the club, along with the passion and the energy this brings. I played 4 seasons in Europe and I feel ready to take the challenge.

“From today, I will do everything I can to help my new team-mates, to open up new horizons for my club and to bring happiness to its millions of supporters around the world."

Re: OFFICIAL: Neymar Joins Paris Saint-germain On A World Record Deal by ebukahandsome(m): 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
Best for business

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Are Interested In Gareth Bale – Jose Mourinho / Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTIONS (10/08/2017) / Watch Stoke City Vs Arsenal 1-0 – Highlights & Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.