Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,393 members, 7,950,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Ruling On Raping - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Raping (7114 Views)

Ruling On Raping / Ruling On Using Drugs (marijuana) To Ease Pain / Ruling On Masturbation (See also Health Hazard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruling On Raping by seegi(m): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2017
Re: Ruling On Raping by jeff1993: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sterope:
@lukgaf

1) Most rape victims were raped by people closed to them like their mahram for starters.cheesy (Isn't that interesting?) Don't ever use that to justify or blame rape victims again. It speaks to how little you know of rape.

2) I don't know what goes on with these people that call themselves Islamic scholars but it is BS to differentiate between a free woman or a slave woman. Or are they trying to say that slavery is normal or justifiable in Islam or that her pains is lesser to that of a free woman. I think you should bin his opinion. It is trash. A woman is a woman. We should not try to lessen one woman's suffering because of her status which shouldn't be in the first place.

And no marriage will not reduce incidence of rape and denial of conjugal rights is also not a reason. I think we need more scholars who have taken time to study the psychology of rape to talk about this. These scholars are simply not fit to give an opinion on this.

quote]Islam forbids women to wear clothes that are not modest and to travel without a mahram; it forbids a woman to shake hands with a non-mahram man. Islam encourages young men and women to marry early, and many other rulings which close the door to rape

What dowry if I may ask? Is that the reason stupid countries like Morocco forces their daughters to marry their rapists?

Also what value? Is she an animal or what? I understand that men are not the common victims. The more reason why they shouldn't be talking about it at all. They should not be talking about what they don't understand.

In our view the man who rapes a woman, whether she is a virgin or not, if she is a free woman he must pay a “dowry” like that of her peers, and if she is a slave he must pay whatever has been detracted from her value. The punishment is to be carried out on the rapist and there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case.

3) We all know the punishment for adultery. It is very severe. Apparently, if the punishment for a consensual act can be severe, it is only logical for a non-consensual act to be leaning towards a capital punishment or the capital punishment.

There is a reason I am selective when it comes to these people and islamqa. We definitely need more female scholars.

....... Ma'am u are one of d few progressive enlightened and sophisticated ones in Islam ..... Ur sense of reasoning is way higher than that of a normal Muslim like d illiterate O.P who posted that trash up there ...... If only Islam could progress with d world ..... Islam wud have been d best religion but for illiteracy and Terrorism!!!!
Re: Ruling On Raping by Sterope(f): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
I know many Muslims who would disagree with the OP. Perhaps you need to change with the type of Muslims you roll with because some thoughts happen to be more of a personality than religion.

I don't appreciate you telling me what I am or not. It is not in your place to say it. Thank you.

jeff1993:
....... Ma'am u are one of d few progressive enlightened and sophisticated ones in Islam ..... Ur sense of reasoning is way higher than that of a normal Muslim like d illiterate O.P who posted that trash up there ...... If only Islam could progress with d world ..... Islam wud have been d best religion but for illiteracy and Terrorism!!!!
Re: Ruling On Raping by Sterope(f): 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
Okay
notttty:

Definitely not but knowledge enhancement on both side. Like minds. Should I pm u to talk on another platform if u don't mind,??
Re: Ruling On Raping by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
@lugkaf 1. i have just gone through the post. . i didnt see any hadith to support your each stance on the menti0ned topic. . please quote hadith on it. . 2. the scholas you quote, there isnt any quoted hadith or quran in their w0rds to support their stance. . .x qdpw
Re: Ruling On Raping by Sissie(f): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sterope:
@lukgaf

1) Most rape victims were raped by people closed to them like their mahram for starters.cheesy (Isn't that interesting?) Don't ever use that to justify or blame rape victims again. It speaks to how little you know of rape.

2) I don't know what goes on with these people that call themselves Islamic scholars but it is BS to differentiate between a free woman or a slave woman. Or are they trying to say that slavery is normal or justifiable in Islam or that her pains is lesser to that of a free woman. I think you should bin his opinion. It is trash. A woman is a woman. We should not try to lessen one woman's suffering because of her status which shouldn't be in the first place.

And no marriage will not reduce incidence of rape and denial of conjugal rights is also not a reason. I think we need more scholars who have taken time to study the psychology of rape to talk about this. These scholars are simply not fit to give an opinion on this.

quote]Islam forbids women to wear clothes that are not modest and to travel without a mahram; it forbids a woman to shake hands with a non-mahram man. Islam encourages young men and women to marry early, and many other rulings which close the door to rape

What dowry if I may ask? Is that the reason stupid countries like Morocco forces their daughters to marry their rapists?

Also what value? Is she an animal or what? I understand that men are not the common victims. The more reason why they shouldn't be talking about it at all. They should not be talking about what they don't understand.

In our view the man who rapes a woman, whether she is a virgin or not, if she is a free woman he must pay a “dowry” like that of her peers, and if she is a slave he must pay whatever has been detracted from her value. The punishment is to be carried out on the rapist and there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case.

3) We all know the punishment for adultery. It is very severe. Apparently, if the punishment for a consensual act can be severe, it is only logical for a non-consensual act to be leaning towards a capital punishment or the capital punishment.

There is a reason I am selective when it comes to these people and islamqa. We definitely need more female scholars.

Most victims are raped by someone they know, doesn't mean the someone they know is a mahram. However many are raped by mahram, I don't know about most thou.

3. The capital punishment is what the post was referring to as regards hadd punishment. So according to the post it's a combination of "dowry" sort of amount and hadd, the dowry sort of amount doesn't mean that they marry, because the writeup stated how insisting on marrying the rapist is wrong.

Similar to unintentionally killing someone (manslaughter) ie car accident, the person pays the "blood money and still has to fast 60 days straight as punishment.

So I am guessing the dowry payment is some sort of compensation.

I do agree with some of the things you wrote, like marriage not reducing the incidence of rape. Married people still rape. Good thing no more slavery. And we definitely need more able scholars especially women.
Re: Ruling On Raping by Kaytixy: 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sterope:
You must be smarter than those who have taken their time to research rape. Those who don't even have a clue about mahram or not.

My statement does not nullify the fact that rape is also committed by those who do not know however it stated that rape is mostly committed by those close to the victims.

I will post some authorities when I have your time

if you said CLOSE to the victim that I may understand but if you say by their MAHRAM I will have to dispute that.
Re: Ruling On Raping by Kaytixy: 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
kattytamer:

yea just like jihadist isis, al qaeda, boko haram and the verses of the quran and hadith asking muslims to terrorize non-believers till there is no other religion but islam.
you know where they are go to sambisa or Iraq and tell them that not we here.
Re: Ruling On Raping by personal59: 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sterope:
@lukgaf

please what do we need a female scholar for?
Re: Ruling On Raping by sarahade(f): 6:29am On Aug 05, 2017
So we need the Quran to tell us rape is bad.
You fanatics will still create a thread on sleeping and using toilet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On Celebrating The Birthday Of The Prophet / Evils Of One Of The Sufi Tariqa – Tijaniyyah.... / A Great Gift To The Daughter Of Prophet And Lessons To All Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.