Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,538 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:10 PM

Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 (730 Views)

NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 / Photos Of El-rufai With El-zakzaky In January / Picture Of President Elect With His VP In Office This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 11:09am On Feb 11, 2010
Mr President Appoint VP in January 2011

Jonathan Goodluck should not appoint a VP until 4 months into the inauguration. If he appoints a VP now, the attention and gravitas will shift from him to the VP. Disgruntled ministers would be seeking attention and favour from the VP thereby in subordinating his Presidency. He should enjoy every bit of his Presidency and rule without fear or favour.

My take is by choosing someone like Ribadu who is not part of the so called ruling class as his VP, Jonathan would not only have created a new dynasty in which he would be the God-Father of the new President he would also have broken the hold and established monopoly certain individuals have on power.

Jonathan should not fall into the trap of the Kano / Katsina mafia by appointing the VP from those States except if the choice is not amongst Yaradua’s Kitchen Cabinet most Nigerians have had enough of them. They know themselves.

There are 21 Northern States the VP can come from any one of these states

1. Kano
2. Katsina
3. Sokoto
4. Niger
5. Kebbi
6. Nasarawa
7. Borno
8. Jigawa
9. Benue
10. Kogi
11. Kwara
12. Kaduna
13. Palteau
14. Gombe
15. Adamawa
16. Taraba
17. FCT
18. Yobe
19. Bauchi
20. Zamfara

Enjoy the Stewardship of the Presidency for now, Mr Presidency you have 18 months to pick the man that would move the country forward, I would suggest you send your advisers to search for the best person for the Job.

My Suggestion of Ribadu would re-position the PDP for an overwhelming victory in the 2011 polls.

Ribadu- For President

Soludo – VP
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 11:24am On Feb 11, 2010
Moreover as an Acting President, it would not make any sense having an Acting VP now.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by illusion2: 11:58am On Feb 11, 2010
[center][size=38pt]TURAI FOR VP !!!![/size][/center]
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2010
TURAI FOR VP !!!!

The only President Turai can ever be is the President of Yaradua's Kitchen Cabinet. At least she would be making nice Tuwo for them to eat.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by paddylo1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ribadu- For President

Soludo – VP

I like that. . .
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 2:05pm On Feb 11, 2010
I like that

Soludo has to under-study someone for him to get to the Presidency. Having failed in Anambra State, the Federal route might be the only option he has left, Ndigbo’s would vote for him as a VP with a provision of eventually taking over after 8 or 6 years.

Nigerians might embrace his Dubai plans that was summarily rejected by Anambrians
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
Jonathan and OBJ meeting at 12:00 midnight, they better get the choice right for our next VP, someone Nigerians would be proud of. There is the popular saying “Once beaten twice shy”, I hope and pray they get it right this time.

No Vacancy for anyone in Yaradua’s Kitchen Cabinet.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2010
I suspect OBJ’s Hausa boys would relevant to this new administration – the El-Rufai’s, Ribadu’s of this world.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by kellysopy(m): 1:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
How are u sure Goodluck is gonna be sworn in as president till the next election. yaradua is immortal, he's gonna
bounce back soon to take his birth right and porbably contest in 2011.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by OYBMEND: 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
kellysopy:

How are u sure Goodluck is gonna be sworn in as president till the next election. yaradua is immortal, he's gonna

Bounce back? the scare of having a repitition of the last 80 days is a disqualification for Presidential sit if we are a serious Nation. What will he bounce back to?
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2010

Yaradua is as good has gone, No President worth its salt keeps mute when one of her citizen especially one from his part of the country is about to blow up a Jet – Liner.  

So Mr Man think of something else
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by OYBMEND: 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
but who says if Jonathan performs well in office he can't run in 2011

Nigeria is 50years this year since independence. North has led for at least 35 of the 50 years so why are people in a haste to shove the Goodluck Presidency?

Is he a lesser Nigerian?
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2010
but who says if Jonathan performs well in office he can't run in 2011

Nigeria is 50years this year since independence. North has led for at least 35years so why are people in a haste to shove the Goodluck Presidency?

Is he a lesser Nigerian?

There is nothing stopping him from running, if a graduate from Kano, Oyo, Ogun. Ondo, Anambra and the other remaining States get a Job b4 even finishing their NYSC.

If there are fast trains connecting our urban centres, If the common man and women find and get work, if there is dignity in labour that is people are paid liveable wages as suppose to slave wages.

I can’t recollect Southern Nigerians clamouring for a Southern Head of State when Gowon was head of State. That is because people who where looking for work can get jobs, wages earned in Nigeria in 1974 was higher than wages paid in the USA and UK. So why would anyone clamour for political power when they have economic power.

Jonathan cannot fulfil all these mouth watering desire in the short spate of 18 months.

He can however start the ball rolling and pass the baton to someone who will pursue what he has started with more gust and determination than him the architect
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by OYBMEND: 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2010
so why will we set a totally different standard for Jonathan?
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 2:54pm On Feb 12, 2010
so why will we set a totally different standard for Jonathan?

The first thing you have to understand is this mandate is not Jonathan’s mandate, it is Yaradua’s mandate, Jonathan is an accidental President.

Southern Nigeria has had their 8 years with OBJ, it is only fair for the Northerners to have their’s.

If Jonathan has good intention for Nigeria he has to look for like minded minds from the north who share his vision. I am sure the North can produce people who are a million times better than Yaradua’s Kitchen Cabinet.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by OYBMEND: 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
what about the previous 35years the North had?
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by Gerardy(m): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2010
Why must he appoint  VP? Mr Goodluck Jonathan is being address as Acting President. Do we need Acting VP too? Afterall nobody is sure of Yaradua whereabout yet. So let's see what Mr Jonathan POINTS of Agenda first.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2010
what about the previous 35years the North had

The Military guys are not proper Governments. They are like burglars or Gate Crashers who entered your house by force and decide to drive you the owner out of the house.

Military regimes the world over are illegitimate regimes, it is unfortunate that our country had to go through such a dark period in our history but nothing spoil, now we have Democracy and I hope it would be a smooth sailing henceforth.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2010
Why must he appoint VP? Mr Goodluck Jonathan is being address as Acting President. Do we need Acting VP too? Afterall nobody is sure of Yaradua whereabout yet. So let's see what Mr Jonathan POINTS of Agenda first.

He would have to appoint a VP closer to election time come 2011 whether we like it or not. Whoever is the VP would run for the Presidency on the PDP ticket.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by OYBMEND: 3:14pm On Feb 12, 2010
We hope so too, but the basis of unity of any Nation should not be based on disrespect of its minority. By hook or crook there has been a imbalance of power towards the minority people o Middle belt and South South.

I think Rotational presidency is a good policy but if it must be sustained we must be ready to review and expand it to capture the political mood as well as realities on ground at any point in time. The basis of rotation was based on patience and a south willing to fogive.

I think we the minority have been also patient for 50years, I believe rotational Presidency can be reviewed to capture the realities of now. Obasanjo honoured the agreement and handed over to the North. But destiny has given minorities an opportunity.

I do not think it is fair to ask those who have been patient for 50years to refuse to sieze this opportunity and wait for a future turn that may never come. The NORTH CAN WAIT.

Otherwise let us write rotational presidency into the constitution so that we can be rest assured that in 2015 power will come down to South
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
By hook or crook there has been a imbalance of power towards the minority people o Middle belt and South South.

Now we have an Ijaw man as President that is a minority tribe, nothing should stop the Beroms, Gwaris, Yorubas, Igalas, Ebiras, Tivs, Kanuris from proving to Jonathan that they are up to the Job.

The Job is opened to all the tribes in Northern Nigeria. It is not the exclusive right of the Hausa / Fulani. However if a Hausa / Fulani man is the best man for the Job it should be giving to them without much thought. Afterall Ribadu and El-Rufai are Hausa / Fulani.
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by ayo84(m): 3:30pm On Feb 12, 2010
[size=20pt]ribadu for VP[/size]
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2010
ribadu for VP

That is something worthy of pushing, and to be sincere It would be like October 1 st 1960. The joy and happiness would have no bounds,
Re: Mr President Appoint Vp In January 2011 by egift(m): 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2010
If am Goodluck Jonathan, will not accept any VP until beg me to be full C-in-C. And I like idea of Ribadu for VP. It will win public support and put government official on alert at all time.

Its good to note that one of the theme Goodluck have been repeating is fighting "corrupting" - both in his address and swearing in ceremony of Secretaries.

(1) (Reply)

Phcn Cable Kills Over 50 People In Port Harcourt / Pdp Signs N11.5b Contract For Secretariat Complex / Breaking News: Dele Momodu Wants To Contest For The 2011 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.