Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,668 members, 7,979,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet (1253 Views)

"Buhari’s Return In 2019 Will End In Tragedy" - Junaid Mohammed / Aso Villa Staff Put On Standby For President Buhari’s Return / No Date Yet For Buhari’s Return – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by ebosetaled22(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2017
The president’s return to Nigeria has been subjected to a lot of speculation though his office has consistently maintained that he would return only when his doctors give him the go ahead.

A Nigerian sports betting firm, Naija Bet, has dismissed claims that it disrespected the country’s ailing president, Muhammadu Buhari, who is currently in London undergoing treatment for an undisclosed ailment.

“We would just like to put this on record, Nigerians want their president back, we are only trying to voice the yearning of the people via the little platform we have,” NaijaBet tweeted yesterday in reply to a tweet by The Guardian on the subject.

The president’s return to Nigeria has been subjected to a lot of speculations though his office has consistently maintained that he would return only when his doctors give him the go ahead.

But speculations surrounding his imminent return were heightened earlier in the week when the presidential jet that has been on standby in the United Kingdom since May 7 reportedly left London.

NaijaBet, in the light of the growing assumptions, decided to give punters a chance to bet on President Buhari’s likely return date. The move has been interpreted by some Nigerians as a slap on the ailing leader, but the betting company said it did not mean to disrespect the 74-year old president.

“We want to show the president and the government that the people are anxious for his wellbeing and anticipate his early return (hence the short window dates as betting options).”

This is coming days after the United States television medium, Cable News Network (CNN) mocked Nigeria over Buhari’s continued absence in the country in its last edition of “The Global Public Square (GPS)”, a foreign affairs show anchored on CNN by Fareed Zakaria.

In an apparent mockery of Nigeria and her president, CNN, on its programme displayed: “The head of state from which country has not set foot in his homeland in over two months?” It went ahead to tick an option with the name Nigeria as the correct answer. The options were given as Saudi Arabia, Cuba, Nigeria and Syria
Source http://leaders.ng/nairabet-ask-nigerians-place-bet-buharis-return/

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2017
Mehn naija peepz no gat chillz

Na to just bet goal goal or 2x1 abi wetin dem dey call am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by researcherdotcom(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2017
Na was o. But this with ll fetch naijabet money

1 Like

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by Yeligray(m): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2017
Anything for the money mehn

1 Like

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by xana101: 11:37am On Aug 04, 2017
Make I go play buhari no go come back till 2019. I'm very sure.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by PrinceJoeWan(m): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2017
Punters Oya na which date na
Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by tinz: 11:48am On Aug 04, 2017
Imagine voting for a 74 years man as president and we say there should be change. What change are the voters or Nigerians expecting from the above 74 years man as president. This country should be auctioned for 30 billion or given to a charity organisation so it can at least reset the brains of her citizens

3 Likes

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2017
What if i double chance buhari and he died their, will i lose.

1 Like

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by Tilda30(f): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by binsanni(m): 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
those people get mind walahi. shocked

1 Like

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by FeloniousFelon: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
What are the odds stacked that he won't be back before May 29,2019?

I have got some spare 20gees that I hope to invest on his no show

1 Like

Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by dlondonbadboy: 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
Buhari to return dead..how many odd? That's a sure bet!!
Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
Very innovative. Politics 1X2. First of its kind. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by Jabioro: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hmmm.. Buhari bet..!
Re: Why We Opened Betting On Buhari’s Return From London -naijabet by TheFreeOne: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
Another 1st for Buhari the record breaker grin

Like some punters will say if Buboo can't improve our lives why not make money ritual outta him.

Some peeps get mind sha. Hmmm make I go place my bet cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Finally Buhari To Return Next Week As Senators Plan Major Meeting With President / TENSION! Biafrexit, Kanu Arrest: N/delta Guys Draw 'red Line' For Buhari (video) / Operation Python Dance 2(Egwu Eke 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.