Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,392 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:46 PM

What Are The Basic Rules To Know When Socializing With People? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Basic Rules To Know When Socializing With People? (444 Views)

3 Ultimate Bad Girl Rules To Keep Your Boyfriend In Love Until You Dump Him / Stop Socializing With Female Colleagues / 5 Rules To Make A Nigerian Lady Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Basic Rules To Know When Socializing With People? by valkaka(m): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Throw Away Your Script - Don’t walk into a social interaction with an idea of how the interaction should be going. In my opinion the best conversations happen when they are organic and free flowing, with no pressure from either party to maintain a certain image or status quo. I’ve had conversations about tipping over elephants or the idea of marrying a robot wife and those are the most memorable social interactions I’ve had!

Ask Better Questions - If you want to take your interactions to the next level, ask better questions. I personally believe that when you come from a mindset of genuinely wanting to get to know somebody better those questions will flow out naturally.

First Impressions Mean Everything - It’s hard to shake the first impression you make with someone. When you meet people make sure you look your best, you’re smiling and appear friendly, and are maintaining strong eye contact. Be genuine and respectful to those you come across. You want people to have a great idea of you when the interaction is over.

Talk Less, Listen More - We as people love to talk about ourselves and deep down we want to be heard. Nothing feels better than someone who genuinely wants to hear what you have to say. Similar to the first point, ask questions and actively listen to what they are telling you.

Open And Positive Body Language - Avoid crossing your arms! Make strong eye contact. Smile! Look like someone who wants to have a good time. Trust me, it goes a long way.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Basic Rules To Know When Socializing With People? by Josephjnr(m): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Educative.

(1) (Reply)

My Talk To Single Ladies!!!! / A Man And His Boundaries / Trendy Hairstyle Inspiration All Fashionistas Should Try(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.